Sorcerer DPS

MilanoChris

I have a full 63 sorcerer with balanced stats. My issue is that I am really struggling to hit over 1800 on the ops dummy. This is somewhat frustrating considering Snipers in my guild are pushing out 2100 and Mercs can hit well over 1900. I'm not a clicker, everything is key bound and it isn't a lack of abilities because I can hit over 1900 with ease on my Powertech (IME they are hit and miss parsing due to the somewhat element random of railshot proccing). So is it the class? I've tried all sorts of setups, decreasing crit for more bonus damage, decreasing alacraty for more surge, different relics and different specs. In full lightning I struggle to hit over 1500 (10% alacraty), in madness I'm seeing around 1700 and in hybrid (1/12/28?) I can get around 1780 most tries, sometimes over 1800 if I'm lucky. This is all over 5 minutes.

Can't remember the gear of the top of my head but quick stat run down under force.

Bonus damage - ranging from 1050 to 1080 depending on relics used (War Hero +power or DG +350 on use)

30-35% crit (depending on build)

73-76% surge

6-11% alacraty (depending on enhancements used)

It's fully augmented with advanced resolve 22 augments.

I have a full 63 sorcerer with balanced stats. My issue is that I am really struggling to hit over 1800 on the ops dummy. This is somewhat frustrating considering Snipers in my guild are pushing out 2100 and Mercs can hit well over 1900. I'm not a clicker, everything is key bound and it isn't a lack of abilities because I can hit over 1900 with ease on my Powertech (IME they are hit and miss parsing due to the somewhat element random of railshot proccing). So is it the class? I've tried all sorts of setups, decreasing crit for more bonus damage, decreasing alacraty for more surge, different relics and different specs. In full lightning I struggle to hit over 1500 (10% alacraty), in madness I'm seeing around 1700 and in hybrid (1/12/28?) I can get around 1780 most tries, sometimes over 1800 if I'm lucky. This is all over 5 minutes.

Can't remember the gear of the top of my head but quick stat run down under force.

Bonus damage - ranging from 1050 to 1080 depending on relics used (War Hero +power or DG +350 on use)

30-35% crit (depending on build)

73-76% surge

6-11% alacraty (depending on enhancements used)

It's fully augmented with advanced resolve 22 augments.

Sorcs are not in a good place right now pve or pvp

Sorceror DPS is not about do Large OneShot hits...

Best sorceror dps do A LOT dmg in short time duration. its not about shot ppls for 5k... but 3k from 3 attacks every second hurts much more.

Not exactly true. Some spec offer burst, but mostly from procs. If they all align, you are going to set a decent burst.

If they don't you'll be stuck with sustained values. And they never align when you need it in PvP.

I suggest you play sniper or marauder, and you'll realize the difference. Sniper can quickly chain instant snipe crit- followthrough -1,5 sec ambush-series of shot-followthough.

And if you didn't notice him first, maybe he dropped an explosive probe on you, or set its orbital strike on your head (AoE ground marker is kinda a give away for this one tough)

None of those depend on procs, and are readily availaible on short enough cd.