Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Story / Veteran / Master Mode

OrionTi
01.31.2020 , 10:36 PM | #1
What is the difference between story, veteran and master mode, and which one is the easiest? I am so sick and tired of hard and almost impossible to beat enemies / bosses.

SteveTheCynic
02.01.2020 , 04:24 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionTi View Post
What is the difference between story, veteran and master mode, and which one is the easiest? I am so sick and tired of hard and almost impossible to beat enemies / bosses.
Most content (including class story missions) isn't affected by the mode setting on your character portrait.

That said, the "instanced" bits of KotFE and KotET chapters *do* follow it, and the general equivalence is:
* Story is easiest. Most Story Flashpoints are meant to be done with you and a companion and a God Bot ("Combat Support Droid") that joins to help out. Only the most recent four FPs (Umbara, Copero, Nathema, Meridian) don't have the God Bot in Story mode.
* Veteran is harder than Story, and Flashpoints in Veteran are balanced to be done by a group of four players in any role.
* Master is harder still, equivalent roughly to Hard Mode in Flashpoints and Nightmare Mode in Operations.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

JediQuaker
02.01.2020 , 10:25 AM | #3
Things may vary a bit depending upon whether you're talking about normal questing, or flashpoints, etc.

Story mode is generally meant to be done solo, with a companion, and sometimes a helper droid as well. Note that you can still bring the companion, even if there's a droid.

Veteran mode is a bit harder. The content is aimed more toward a 4 player team, but can be done with 2 or 3 players + companions**, or even 1 player plus companion, depending upon levels, equipment etc.
In veteran mode flashpoints, things are set up to be "role neutral", meaning you don't need particular roles, and there are healing "kolto" stations in boss fights.
For veteran mode questing, such as KOTFE in vet mode, mobs would be tougher than Story mode, and it would be more aimed towards group play. And I don't think you get koltos.

Master mode is designed to use the classic "trinity" of tank, healer, and (2) damage dealers (DPS). In MM flashpoints through group finder, you must have the 3 roles, and a certain gear level, and there's no koltos. Of course, like Veteran mode, you can also just have 2 or 3 players plus companions**.

** Often, when doing flashpoints in VM or MM, if a player has to drop out, or disconnects, etc, they are replaced by a companion. You can also "re-queue" to get a new player and use a companion while waiting for the new player.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

OrionTi
02.06.2020 , 01:29 AM | #4
Which one is easier, especially for boss battles? I assume Story because one person said Master Mode is like Hard Mode or Nightmare Mode. I really need to stop getting defeated by bosses less.

Sandrosw
02.06.2020 , 02:43 AM | #5
Easiest is Story mode (sometimes it can be called solo mode when talking about Flashpoints). After it is Veteran mode (also sometimes called hard mode when people talk about operations). The most difficult one is Master mode (also sometimes called nightmare mode when people talk about operations).
Darth Marr shall rise again.

Prepare for His return