Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I am one of those people that have re-rolled on US server and now desire x-fers for my toons. I didnt re-roll because I want to, rather because the state of the population on master darn'ala, and Bioware's inability to fix or even propose a solution to this problem. I am not interested in opinion or speculation, only official correspondence. I never wanted to play on a US server, Bioware's inaction on this issue drove me to it, and i have absolutely no desire to play on a PVE server. None at all. Now that i am on a US server I think I deserve to have access to all my 50's, creds, legacy n all the rest of the stuff I spend countless hours accrewing. Please respond Bioware.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply put, if we are merging the APAC servers to increase population allowing transfers off them would seem to be going against the entire point of this move.

It seems to me that there are only 1 or 2 people here posting over and over again simply looking for a way to get to a north american server where they play now. I dont know but I'm not sure if that is Biowares, APAC's, or this threads problem, no matter how victimised they are pretending to feel by Bioware's slow response to this thread. BW had bigger fish to fry at the time such as going f2p. Here we are talking about increasing APAC'S population, not decreasing it. I want everyone to be happy so I believe a thread trying to speed up paid transfers would be the correct thread for those who want to leave Oceanic for northern american servers.

In any case, my vote goes for merging all 3 into one. Unleash Big Gav! :rak_03:

Edited by Thornsbane

It seems to me that there are only 1 or 2 people here posting over and over again simply looking for a way to get to a north american server where they play now. I dont know but I'm not sure if that is Biowares, APAC's, or this threads problem, no matter how victimised they are pretending to feel by Bioware's slow response to this thread.

Only 1 or 2?

Pretending to feel victimized?

Let me guess this straight..

1. I rolled on Swiftsure, 'cause at launch there were no oceanic servers.

2. I left my guild on Swiftsure and moved to Master Dar'Narla when it launched because of the ping

3. I left my guild on Master Dar'Narla and moved to a US PvP server because of the total lack of players on the APAC pvp server, and the total lack of information from EAware.

4. You now expect me to leave my guild where I am now and move back to a PvE Oceanic server, 'cause you don't think I deserve free character transfers after all this?

go **** ______!

Edited by Ignicity

Simply put, if we are merging the APAC servers to increase population allowing transfers off them would seem to be going against the entire point of this move.

It seems to me that there are only 1 or 2 people here posting over and over again simply looking for a way to get to a north american server where they play now. I dont know but I'm not sure if that is Biowares, APAC's, or this threads problem, no matter how victimised they are pretending to feel by Bioware's slow response to this thread. BW had bigger fish to fry at the time such as going f2p. Here we are talking about increasing APAC'S population, not decreasing it. I want everyone to be happy so I believe a thread trying to speed up paid transfers would be the correct thread for those who want to leave Oceanic for northern american servers.

In any case, my vote goes for merging all 3 into one. Unleash Big Gav! :rak_03:

Agreed! We are trying to improve the APAC population, if you don't have any suggestions that will add to this then don't speak.

Only 1 or 2?

Pretending to feel victimized?

Let me guess this straight..

1. I rolled on Swiftsure, 'cause at launch there were no oceanic servers.

2. I left my guild on Swiftsure and moved to Master Dar'Narla when it launched because of the ping

3. I left my guild on Master Dar'Narla and moved to a US PvP server because of the total lack of players on the APAC pvp server, and the total lack of information from EAware.

4. You now expect me to leave my guild where I am now and move back to a PvE Oceanic server, 'cause you don't think I deserve free character transfers after all this?

go **** ______!

Are you still here?

Agreed! We are trying to improve the APAC population, if you don't have any suggestions that will add to this then don't speak.

Are you still here?

Yes, what do you want?

Also, good luck trying to shut me up on this subject.

Edited by Ignicity

I feel for ignacity.

He wants to play where he wants to play. Regardless of what happens on the APAC servers, he is happy where he is, and does not want to leave his friends just to play on an old legacy. This is more than fair enough.

I'm in the same position. Alot of my APAC friends on the Bastion now are also feel the same way. While the majority here want mergers, people who post on the forums make up a very small portion of the player base. And generally a very vocal one. Why should the quiet people not be entitled to play where they want?

The reality is, there are alot of other people that feel the same as us, just not here posting. And lets be honest, there is still alot of people here asking for transfers. Some will play on the super server, others wont. What is your problem with them with consolidating there legacy wher ethey want to play?

My last point would be, is that if you have to artifically inflate numbers on a server by forcing people to go there, or not giving them the option to move, if that is the only reason they will play there, then it wont last regardless. After a month or two they will leave being unfulfilled the same as before.

If EA/Bio wants to hold onto as many subs as they can, they will allow a tranfers.

Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

You useless ****tards

Did it really take you this long (4-5 months now?) to type up this post? To finally admit you have no solution to the problem... bit slow you *********** *******.

Don't tell us you are being honest with us, you have lied to every single one of us every time you post on this issue.

I'll start with

...Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days...

TWO WEEKS LATER:

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

As a reminder, please remember to follow forum guidelines within this thread.

Thank you.

Well thank you very much for that useless response... pretending to care... wow

Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans

(Posted a month after previous post and just after the state of game update)

The state of the game update says nothing about your plans... You never had plans, You STILL DON'T have plans and it has been 5 months.

Now this post... over 2 and a half months later... is this all you can give us after that much waiting... "We are handing it over to you"

Wow, just wow... Did you guys think of that overnight or over your poorly earned holiday period?

During these last few months your useless company has worked on a ton of crap like that Companion 101 ******** and Meet the Developers.

You've even taken the time to show off Community Screenshots.

Yet you have failed to fix the most serious of problems, a failing server... a failing community... a failing MMO.

Community Management = Useless

I know it's not your fault Joveth, I know you want to do something about it, I know it's the company in charge of you. EVERYONE KNOWS.

The rage was not directed at you personally, rather the pathetic excuse for a company that you work for... You are the scape goat.

This post came far too late and is just full of more useless ********... your company is a piece of ****, your game is a piece of ****, your cartel market is a piece of ****... please ban me now.

I am already un-subbed.

**** all of you in high management at EA/BW... **** you all...

Have a nice day.

I feel for ignacity.

He wants to play where he wants to play. Regardless of what happens on the APAC servers, he is happy where he is, and does not want to leave his friends just to play on an old legacy. This is more than fair enough.

I'm in the same position. Alot of my APAC friends on the Bastion now are also feel the same way. While the majority here want mergers, people who post on the forums make up a very small portion of the player base. And generally a very vocal one. Why should the quiet people not be entitled to play where they want?

The reality is, there are alot of other people that feel the same as us, just not here posting. And lets be honest, there is still alot of people here asking for transfers. Some will play on the super server, others wont. What is your problem with them with consolidating there legacy wher ethey want to play?

My last point would be, is that if you have to artifically inflate numbers on a server by forcing people to go there, or not giving them the option to move, if that is the only reason they will play there, then it wont last regardless. After a month or two they will leave being unfulfilled the same as before.

If EA/Bio wants to hold onto as many subs as they can, they will allow a tranfers.

It's just that what they want is not in direct link with what we are trying to deal with, he left the APAC servers because of the population. We are fixing that so come back and join us, if not then keep doing what you're doing. Stop asking for extra stuff.

There are no problems with where he is now but since this thread is here trying to fix APAC servers he thought he would take a chance to get his toons OFF the APAC servers. It just doesn't seem right

EDIT: his problem is different and will be addressed with bioware making transfers this year

Edited by Obirayy

It's just that what they want is not in direct link with what we are trying to deal with, he left the APAC servers because of the population. We are fixing that so come back and join us, if not then keep doing what you're doing. Stop asking for extra stuff.

There are no problems with where he is now but since this thread is here trying to fix APAC servers he thought he would take a chance to get his toons OFF the APAC servers. It just doesn't seem right

EDIT: his problem is different and will be addressed with bioware making transfers this year

You have no *********** idea what you're talking about.

Edited by Ignicity

I feel for ignacity.

Ya so do I, but paid transfers is not what this thread is about.

The rest of the world did not get transfers when their servers merged. Ig is just trying to get extra because of the emotional pain caused by BW's slow response.

Anyway, I hope there is a way you guys can get all your toons onto the servers you want soon. Its just that this thread is not about that and its off topic. :o

In that case.

I don't want server mergers any more. Close 'em down and let us transfer our toons to US servers in another 12 months.

See. I can disregard other peoples predicaments, place my own circumstances above everyone else's, and act like a douche when people don't agree with me, too..

Edited by Ignicity

In that case.

I don't want server mergers any more. Close 'em down and let us transfer our toons to US servers in another 12 months.

See. I can disregard other peoples predicaments, place my own circumstances above everyone else's, and act like a douche when people don't agree with me, too..

This is a valid suggestion. Happy to add it to the box

Although its not my preference it's still an option.

Edited by Obirayy

Option 2

1. Force Merge into 1 super server (Dalborra)

2. Open up xfers to those that arent happy to US and EU servers

3. Do what you did last year and give all APAC registered players to XFER their chars off EU/US servers to Dalborra.

This makes most sense

^ Officially still my stance when asked by anyone that has any authority over the matter.

Edited by Ignicity

Add it to what box?

Like you're the grand poobah.

Sorry it came across like that. I was trying to say that I don't have a problem with you're suggestion.

And for reference it was the' box of suggestions'. As I'm assuming it will be kind of the majority vote

There has been a few posts after mine saying "This is not what this thread is about". I respectfully disagree.

This thread, regardless of how it started, has turned into a thread about low populations on our servers which in turn leads to people not enjoying the game. This thread is about how those remaining on the dead servers can enjoy the game they pay for in the most fulfilling way for them.

For some, that is mergers, for others, its transfers.

This thread has also now asked for everyone's suggestions on what they want. I believe it has been generally successful that everyone has had there voice heard without too much trolling and non sense.

Lets keep it on topic like it has been so far, and try to keep trolling/emotion/general tardness to a minimum :)

Edit:

P.S.

Also, let us not concern ourselves with what our severs did or did not get. They want to hear what WE want, with NO restrictions placed on that. They didn't say "what do you want? oh btw, u can't have transfers so anything else please..."

So if transfers or any other idea in the world is what you want, make your voice heard. If enough people want it, they may as heck just be inclined to give it to us.

Edited by GHoppa

This seems like the best option -

1. Force Merge into 1 super server (Dalborra)

2. Open up xfers to those that arent happy to US and EU servers

3. Do what you did last year and give all APAC registered players to XFER their chars off EU/US servers to Dalborra.

Unsubbed until a decision is made and implemented.

Let me put it this way: Merge or not, server transfers off APAC to my new home or not. I will not be coming back to play on a new Super PvE Oceanic server.

Also, by saying that you agree with his prediction, means you are logically against the future implementation of paid server transfers....

*sigh*

apparently im 2 pages to late.. i never said i agreee i said he is correct.

tbh i couldnt give a **** about the ameican servers alot of people from master D went to american servers

very few were players that even mattered stay there for all i care take your characters and never come back

enjoy your super twinked under 50's and speed hacked 50's pvp with **** ping

i dont have the patience for it power to you

if i get forced to an american server i'll simply delete the game off my computer and never look back

Edited by Jumpchan

Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

I have to admit that the game has fallen apart since when a lot of issues and high hopes were shattered in a matter of months. However since we still have a fair size community left over, it hasn't really lifted the hopes of Free to Play players either.

In terms of the server transfers, I'm going to say it like this and these are my thoughts. I would recommend looking at merging the APAC servers to the US Servers.

1 - Merging servers. Lets say Harbinger for example, all three APAC servers goes to Harbinger. Great server, lots of people, very active and would like to be there.

If you want people to be content on keeping their character names and legacy, you guys probably should look into the idea of have a 'reserved' naming convention zone thus allowing multiple character names with same alias like Carth or Mission or Jolee etc. But they will all appear with different legacy surnames. Having something like this would heap ease the pain of renaming characters

2 - Abolished this idea of PvP and PvE and RP servers. Merge them all together into an all rounder PvE server serving for everything. This helps you control and maintain the services at hand, makes the answering of tickets easier and the server would always be heavily focused on being maintained and updated

3 - Server/Guild Transfers must be free service. People have invested a lot of time and money, we don't want to feel like EA/Bioware are robbing us or forcing us to change.

How and why we felt robbed is where the server transfers had become available, people transferred and we were all left behind to rot in a corner with the inability to return back. Back then going to the APAC servers was a good idea but since the community is slowly dying, Bioware I would highly recommend getting us back onto the US/EU servers. We all found it more enjoyable there minus the lagging issues but we can live with it.

4 - Revise the times when there are a lot of people on and not online, look at the general concepts of Looking for Groups for either raiding and dungeon finder, or PvP should be stretched across all servers across the board. You are lacking on this.

5 - The new content on the upcoming expansion for Free to Play players should be more flexible, expand on the idea that they can play and create 12 characters on a server to level 50 without having to force themselves to go onto Subscription. We need to bring more diversity out there to them that's pretty much it, expand on the companion storylines, they need more story's as in 'the aftermath' of Chapter 3 and beyond!

Edited by Satelerevan

I play on Master Dar'Nala and I'd really like to see the PvP server rolled into the PvE one. The RP server itself is a completely different style of play; and I really don't think the community there would adapt well to a lot of "LOL HAY FACEROLLLLLLLLL GIMMIE PVPZ". Whereas in this game, there is so little open world contact with the opposing faction that I doubt anyone would even notice if you flicked a switch and made us PvE. Everyone is WZ crazy compared to open world, and assuming there are no perks being added to encourage such play, when the ranked warzones start, that should be sufficient to please the hardcore pvp'ers. Please -do not- merge us into a US server, it is really unfair on Australian players, particularly those aforementioned PVP'ers, especially in ranked, that would be the biggest gut punch to lose the amazing latency we get. Please merge the PvP server into the PvE one, it's the only logical choice. Edited by Ulantees
Added content.