Delays are gone!

ShadowMasterRP

Only thing I am seeing in the vid is you moving before you are even mounted.. Wait until you see yourself mounted before you move.. Has nothing to do w/ ability delay or BW issue.. Do you start your car, put it in drive then jump in the front seat?

Please tell me you're not serious.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me you're not serious.

Very serious. It's animation, not delay. I generally have 13-20 ping on my server and have never really experienced ability lag or delay ever. It still took me a while to learn to mount properly when first playing.

Very serious. It's animation, not delay. I generally have 13-20 ping on my server and have never really experienced ability lag or delay ever. It still took me a while to learn to mount properly when first playing.

Ability delay has nothing to do with latency, brah. My ping is always the same as what you claim and I (until this patch) have been experiencing it hardcore on my Operative. Now I can actually hit Acid Blade while GCD is in effect and it actually works. No more spamming Lacerate either. I've read most of this thread and it seems as though most of the people posting in it don't even know what the thread is discussing, they're just typing things and hitting 'Post'.

Ability delay has nothing to do with latency, brah. My ping is always the same as what you claim and I (until this patch) have been experiencing it hardcore on my Operative. Now I can actually hit Acid Blade while GCD is in effect and it actually works. No more spamming Lacerate either. I've read most of this thread and it seems as though most of the people posting in it don't even know what the thread is discussing, they're just typing things and hitting 'Post'.

He was just stating a fact. If you actually wait for the animation, it works just fine. But I agree, the casting bar should be the "law" so to speak. You should be able to zoom off when the bar says you can, not when the animation says you can.

The animation is A very big part of the delay cause if u need to wait for animation to fully complete before u can use another ability even thou no CD and the ability is ready for use makes it very sluggish/stuttery or the ability will not work since it didn't finish the animation.

As i said before and others have said the only way i see it being fixed is if they make stuff damage/heal or what ever soon as u start casting or MID animation since u can notice on many ability that even after the castbar is over there is another .5 sec for animation to finish so it kinda domino effects other ability's.

Edited by rastamanman

He was just stating a fact. If you actually wait for the animation, it works just fine. But I agree, the casting bar should be the "law" so to speak. You should be able to zoom off when the bar says you can, not when the animation says you can.

Which is what I was testing out. I like that statement ("The casting bar should be the law...").

Gonna start using that when talking about this topic henceforth :)

I guess all of those naysayers who quit becuase they couldnt fix the delay bug will come back in droves now.. I wish bioware could force them all to write an appology to get back into the forums.. there were far to many people ranting about the delay without giving them a chance to fix it.

They had the whole freaking beta test long to fix it. They didn't bother to touch upon the issue, until people started to rant about it upon release.

They had the whole freaking beta test long to fix it. They didn't bother to touch upon the issue, until people started to rant about it upon release.

Grats... you know i think they needed to fix the bugs that didn't even let people play or log in first... Priority system my friend

As you guys have noticed (and probably read in the patch notes), one major part of our series of ability delay improvements was patched onto the live servers with the maintenance last night (patch 1.1.0b). We decided that the improvements seen with this fix were significant enough for us to roll this patch out as quickly as possible instead of waiting for the next scheduled patch.

Your feedback from the servers so far indicates that this change has had dramatic, positive impact on combat gameplay.

That said, we're not done improving combat responsiveness!

• As mentioned in my blog a few days ago, there are some additional fixes currently on our public test server as part of patch 1.1.1, which will roll out as soon as we're satisfied with that patch.

• We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.

• We're looking into improving the accuracy of cast bars. Their behavior should already be significantly improved with today's patch, but we believe there is still room to improve.

• We're also working on improvements to the responsiveness of individual ability animations, including faction specific timing differences and issues where shortening an ability activation time does not properly shorten it's animation.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback on this issue, it has been vital to us in identifying and resolving this situation.

Regards

Georg

As you guys have noticed (and probably read in the patch notes), one major part of our series of ability delay improvements was patched onto the live servers with the maintenance last night (patch 1.1.0b). We decided that the improvements seen with this fix were significant enough for us to roll this patch out as quickly as possible instead of waiting for the next scheduled patch.

Your feedback from the servers so far indicates that this change has had dramatic, positive impact on combat gameplay.

That said, we're not done improving combat responsiveness!

• As mentioned in my blog a few days ago, there are some additional fixes currently on our public test server as part of patch 1.1.1, which will roll out as soon as we're satisfied with that patch.

• We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.

• We're looking into improving the accuracy of cast bars. Their behavior should already be significantly improved with today's patch, but we believe there is still room to improve.

• We're also working on improvements to the responsiveness of individual ability animations, including faction specific timing differences and issues where shortening an ability activation time does not properly shorten it's animation.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback on this issue, it has been vital to us in identifying and resolving this situation.

Regards

Georg

So we'd be safe to assume that instant casts and the likes will improve some?

At the moment it just feels incredibly clunky.

So we'd be safe to assume that instant casts and the likes will improve some?

At the moment it just feels incredibly clunky.

Let's hope so. Instant should mean instant, not that it instantly triggers the animation that takes 1.5 seconds to actually fire off (yes Rail Shot, I am talking about you!).

Edited by Mandrax

Can't say how pleased I'm to actually see response and answers from CS and developers today....not sure what has happend at Bioware, but I feel I've learned more from them in the last 24 hours than in the previous 1,5 months.

I believe it's all about EA, really.

EA fund the project, EA choose the support staff to save money, EA rush out the game half finished for Xmas...

Bioware's work is visibly good: the RPG elements, the creative content, the cinematic convos, etc.

But with a project of this magnitude and a publisher as infamous as EA (infamous, not famous), there's bound to be a bunch of pressure on the developer (the Bioware+Mythic team or whatnot).

Perhaps now that the initial sales have passed and subscriptions are flowing in, EA is loosening its tyrant's grip and letting things flow more smoothly, possibly also relegating more funds to the devs or something.

Still getting delays sadly (scoundrel.) I can miss anything from 1-3 global cooldowns worth of damage in an average fight against an enemy player, depending on how long it lasts. Usually happens just an an attack comes off cooldown, it press it, it goes on gcd, starts part of the animation, and then fails to go off entirely. Also happens with my backblast ability. I will execute it when I am behind my enemy, it will start the animation, and then cancel as they turn their back away. Hope the next fixes coming will solve this...too crippling.

I dislike the fanboys who claimed it wasnt an issue just as much as the whiners. they need to give their head a shake too

This^^

Speaking for myself, I only gave a hard time to people who were raging like rabid hyenas. Those who couched their complaints in logic and without dumping tons of impossible absolutes and ridiculous hyperbole on us were left alone and/or agreed with. Personally, I think the raging types types just do it for attention. My bad for giving it to them, and I am learning to stay out of those heated exchanges with people who are blinded by unnecessary rage or are simply looking for lulz. Sometimes it's hard to tell which of the two it is, which might be part of the game ("concern trolling"), at least with some of them.

And yes, "fanboys" who automatically jump on anyone posting a legitimate issue in a non-raging manner are just as bad, and only add to the signal-to-noise ratio. Do we have to re-ignite that issue in a thread that is largely positive guys?

In any event, let's hope that the delay issue is cured for good, and if so, kudos to BW for getting it done in an acceptable amount of time.

Edited by KippTabor