Scheduled Maintenance: February 4th

ServerDroid

On February 4th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.6 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday, February 4th, 2014

Duration: 5 hours

Time: 2AM PST (9AM GMT) - 7AM PST (2PM GMT)

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by EricMusco

On February 4th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.6 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

that twiiter link is broken!!! again!!! YO DEV!!! FIX IT! this isn't the first time the twitter link is broken in one of these maintenance posts!

Edited by TaitWatson

Can you guys get anything correct!

There is a very useful site in which you need to have all your employees get to know it is a World Clock it has a fabulous feature that will enable anyone convert between timezones something you are very lacking in ability.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

this is a link with the work already done for you just in case you cant read.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20140204T02&p1=137&p2=136

Maybe just maybe you may get it correct next time but I wont hold my breathe as I will go quite blue that I am sure.

Edited by Scarr_swtor

One of the hardest hitting classes with solid sustained dps...You'll be fine.

Except for becoming the third worst DPS spec (after being above-average, and not by much) and losing the skill that made up 11% of its DPS. And being forced to live with this for a while so we "get used to it" and aren't as pissed off when the second phase of nerfs comes and kicks us when we're down.

Except for becoming the third worst DPS spec (after being above-average, and not by much) and losing the skill that made up 11% of its DPS. And being forced to live with this for a while so we "get used to it" and aren't as pissed off when the second phase of nerfs comes and kicks us when we're down.

I find that hard to believe. Then again everyone makes those magical 5 min parses on a dummy the end all be all of statistics even though dummy parses are regularly considered worthless in almost every mmo.

Yeeeessss.... My Operative's knives are sharpened. The complaints of the snipers and marauders shall make me stronger. We have waited in the shadows, biding our time, waiting for the right moment to strike. Now.. It comes!

MWHAHAHAHA!

Yeah. But seriously, 2.6 looks great. Not just for the Operative buffs, but the GSF stuff as well, and the new FP!

Looking forward to Tuesday!

I don't want this to come, I don't want my Orbital Strike to become an Orbital pat :(

It's funny, but in the entire time of leveling my Sniper, I used Orbital Strike all of about 3 times. On Fleet. As a fireworks show. I just don't see the big deal over it.

Can you guys get anything correct!

There is a very useful site in which you need to have all your employees get to know it is a World Clock it has a fabulous feature that will enable anyone convert between timezones something you are very lacking in ability.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

this is a link with the work already done for you just in case you cant read.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20140204T02&p1=137&p2=136

Maybe just maybe you may get it correct next time but I wont hold my breathe as I will go quite blue that I am sure.

Long as he gets the PST time right, I could care less about the rest. :p

Edited by Zorvan

I find that hard to believe. Then again everyone makes those magical 5 min parses on a dummy the end all be all of statistics even though dummy parses are regularly considered worthless in almost every mmo.

You clearly haven't been reading, then. Go back and read the Dev post on the matter that I paraphrased, then go read the mathed-out OS posts on both the sniper forums and PTS. We've had more than enough time to gather statistics on the nerf, and they're universally awful. And this is just the "first phase," there are more nerfs coming. To a class that wasn't overperforming by any stretch. And has already become the third worst spec after just this one nerf.

So go read up on what's happening, then tell me with a straight face that it isn't as bad as we're making it out to be. You won't be able to, I guarantee it.

You clearly haven't been reading, then. Go back and read the Dev post on the matter that I paraphrased, then go read the mathed-out OS posts on both the sniper forums and PTS. We've had more than enough time to gather statistics on the nerf, and they're universally awful. And this is just the "first phase," there are more nerfs coming. To a class that wasn't overperforming by any stretch. And has already become the third worst spec after just this one nerf.

So go read up on what's happening, then tell me with a straight face that it isn't as bad as we're making it out to be. You won't be able to, I guarantee it.

I've seen all the numbers, but I also think dummy parses are a complete joke. So you can't use an aoe ability that was never intended to be used in single target rotation anymore...big whoop. Your class will be completely fine.

Come on man. Same was said for Shadow tanks, Sentinels and many more and we're all fine and spectacular ******es! You will continue to be a magnificent man too! :D

I've seen all the numbers, but I also think dummy parses are a complete joke. So you can't use an aoe ability that was never intended to be used in single target rotation anymore...big whoop. Your class will be completely fine.

Dummy parses were compared to parses from each and every raid. In only one instance did an MM sniper parse better than other classes, boosting its average to third worst instead of overall worst.

Sorry. You're wrong. Go read more.

The difference with this and the other class nerfs? There's *nothing* to compensate Snipers for losing 10-12% of their DPS. It's just gone.

Make it a good month for me, Bioware, I beg you.

My birthday in few days, PC already ordered and arriving shortly, DX Racer chair on its way, Guardian / Juggernaut buff which will make me a considerably powerful raider... Ah, Bioware throw in my desired simple, hoodless or hood-down Jedi garments and you'll make me happy for the whole year. I love February so far - make it a month of the year for me with this simple piece of digital clothing :]

Here I come, foes, to ravage you with my double ravage opener!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

One of the hardest hitting classes with solid sustained dps...You'll be fine.

No, I won't, because I couldn't care less about DPS output in general. I'm neither a raider nor a pvpler. Heck, my Sniper spends her entire time crafting these days as it is one of the classes I enjoy playing least.

However, I do care about the feel to the skill. It's supposed to be an Orbital Strike, not an Orbital hug. I've watched the PTS Forums because of this change and I do not understand why some of the suggestions there have not been taken instead of such a huge dmg nerf.

Also, the nerf hits my Operatives who are using the skill a lot while doing their dailies.

I remember getting OS for the first time and I immediately fell in love with this iconic skill. I do not care about numbers, but a 62% damage nerf will be noticed even by me and destroy the feeling to the skill I used to enjoy. Especially as there are other suggestions to solve the problem, some of which I consider to be better.

Edited by Sorei

No, I won't, because I couldn't care less about DPS output in general. I'm neither a raider nor a pvpler. Heck, my Sniper spends her entire time crafting these days as it is one of the classes I enjoy playing least.

However, I do care about the feel to the skill. It's supposed to be an Orbital Strike, not an Orbital hug. I've watched the PTS Forum because of this change and I do not understand why some of the suggestions there have not been taken instead of such a huge dmg nerf.

Also, the nerf hits my Operatives who are using the skill a lot while doing their dailies.

I remember getting OS for the first time and I immediately fell in love with this iconic skill. I do not care about numbers, but a 62% damage nerf will be noticed even by me and destroy the feeling to the skill I used to enjoy. Especially as there are other suggestions to solve the problem, some of which I consider to be better.

Meh, tbh I barely used OS on my Sniper at all. Only time I WOULD use it, is to clear out a big group of trash mobs, so I couldn't care less. Only thing Bioware is doing is bringing it in line with other AoEs that are used to clear trash mobs; mortar volley for example.

It's funny, but in the entire time of leveling my Sniper, I used Orbital Strike all of about 3 times. On Fleet. As a fireworks show. I just don't see the big deal over it.

Then you obviously don't raid. Because if you are an Operative you use OS on every single boss and long lasting add groups.

Make it a good month for me, Bioware, I beg you.

My birthday in few days, PC already ordered and arriving shortly, DX Racer chair on its way, Guardian / Juggernaut buff which will make me a considerably powerful raider... Ah, Bioware throw in my desired simple, hoodless or hood-down Jedi garments and you'll make me happy for the whole year. I love February so far - make it a month of the year for me with this simple piece of digital clothing :]

Here I come, foes, to ravage you with my double ravage opener!

I didn't get my dye for christmas or my crystal for my birthday, you wont be getting your armor for yours.