Here's why other classes seem overpowered...

Laserstrike

I think the biggest reason another class seems to be overpowered is that you can't tell when you are being hit by multiple attacks at once.

You are facing a Sorc or Sage or whatever thinking it's a 1v1 fight...but you don't see the two other Sorcs or Bounty Hunters hitting you from behind, from long range.

Your health plummets like a rock, and you figure the guy you are fighting just destroyed you all by himself, solo, and that his spells and abilities are more powerful.

If there was a list of who is hitting you at the moment, and their total DPS against you, it would all become clear, I think.

This happens to me as a Sage. Here I am using mirrored equivalent spells against a Sorc, and his health stays up, while I go down in an instant.

I figured out:

1) That lighting hitting me is actually from TWO Sorcs , and maybe a Bounty Hunter in there as well.

2) The other guy has a pocket healer, maybe.

Edited by Laserstrike

The reason i think classes are overpowered is because they are all overpowered in their own way. Damage as a whole is a little too high. Eating 8 seconds of stuns because two people stun you in succession is ridiculous. Bounty Hunter AoE damage is far too good given their survivability. Operative out-of-stealth burst at level 40+ is too good. Sniper ranged damage is too good given their 35 yard range and ability to effectively kite melee. Sustained assassin damage is too good combined with their burst mechanics (having both great burst and great sustained pressure is a little over the top). Sorcerer off-healing as a dps spec is too strong and damage as a pure healer is too strong because of the resource system they use (other specs will go OOM if they spam damage and healing like a sorc currently can). Sith warrior damage in general feels too high at higher levels (45+) and they shouldn't have the only healing debuff in the game. Tanks do too much damage given their survivability at higher gear levels (level 50 with full pvp gear and some tanky off-pieces). Guard is too strong for a passive buff, i'd rather them nerf guard a bit and give tanks another ability that works like taunt where they actively need to work to reduce enemy damage output.

I only used Empire class names but i'm also referring to the corresponding mirror classes on the republic side too. This is by no means a comprehensive list of things that need to change (that would be pages long), but more of a quick rant on some of the more broken aspects of the game currently in terms of damage output (and nothing else for simplicity).

As a lvl 40 bh, I have one 4 sec stun.

How many CC's do Sorcs have at the same level?

This is not an end all arguement, but I do believe that Sorcs have about 4 CC's (long and short) at level 40, and THAT IS a HUGE difference to anyone that pvps.

Seeing as I am not at max level, I know things will change... but by how much?

Lets see here:

sorc's have a 4 sec stun on a 60sec cooldown, a 8 second single-target mez (ie, it breaks on damage) with a 2 second cast time on a 60 second cooldown, and a knockback.

Bounty hunters have a 4 second stun, a 8 second single-target mez (Concussion missile) that's INSTANT cast, and a knockback.

Imperial agents have a 4 second melee-range stun on a 45 second cooldown, a 8 second AREA-OF-EFFECT, INSTANT-CAST mez on a 90 second cooldown, i don't believe they have a knockback but they do have roots which don't get effected by resolve like knockbacks do (so arguably better in some scenarios).

Sith warrior have a throw, force choke, their charge root, and 4 second stun (plus others i'm not sure of).

------------------------------------------------------

Moral of the story kiddies: stop being so ignorant, all of the classes currently have equal amount of cc abilities. In fact, if anything, the sorc is the worst off here (or maybe tied with the jedi warrior classes) because their 8 second mez is so weak if they aren't speced madness.

Edited by SeanPoe