SWTOR's Newest Patch Ruined all lvl 50 Players Gear Gathering

XxCaLiPsOxX

Here is my 2 cents on how I feel about Starwars the Old Republic and how they are doing things.

First of all before I bash on all the crap Swtor has done in these recent updates, I wish to say that they have a beautiful game and something that could be promising if and when they start listening to there players and stop thinking on what to do to ruin it for them.

1st: There was so many glitchs and bugs to achieve your dailys and weeklys that made it so easy for lvl 50's to get there gear and pass valor around to reach end game gear.

2nd: SWTOR decides to stop that and allow those players who have achieved Battlemaster Gear + lvl 65 valor to stay where they are and reduce the chances of any new comer to come close to this gear. - I am included in that bunch.

Commenting on 2nd: "Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced. Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations." This is a quote from the patch notes...

Seriously... *** are you thinking! You are making it harder to achieve any expertise in Champion wise gear and what? Giving us centurion gear easier so we can have pos gear to fight battlemaster rank players.

Ok lets imagine I have offically hit lvl 60 valor. Same crap happens again. Now i can get my champion gear 2 times as fast even tho I wish to have battlemaster??? Before it was like 3/5 bags would give you a full champion gear which in turn costs 64+ some lower some higher in accomdations for them. You would gain over 150+ accomidations for opening 3/5 bags if you calcuated the item value.

Now you would only get Champion accomdations at 7 a piece and 15 centurium bs... Which means out of 5 bags x 7... 35 Champion accomidations... THEY HAVE MADE IT 5X HARDER TO ACHIEVE ANY FUTURE GEAR THAN EVER....

The bastards who have all battlemaster now can kick your *** for 5x the length of which you could have achieved your gear which was already somewhat long as it was.

Swtor this is my advice to you. Allow players who reach lvl 50 to achieve there gear quicker and faster to battlemaster because of all the faults you gave those players the chance to achieve there gear so quickly.

Instead wait a month to have everyone have that gear and screw those who have achieved that gear already through cheating. Once its been established then press on to grant a higher level standard or bring a more difficult gear to attain that would be monitored from the beginning before implimenting it.

If what I am saying doesnt make sense to you then hit lvl 50 with no expertise gear at all and see how long would it take you now to achieve any gear vs those who are already in battlemaster.

+ all these glitching and bugs and clipping and *** is going on here... I have never seen more cheating in my entire life than Counter strike's wall hacking.

Your allowing players with over dominant gear to **** those who are interrested in playing this game fully. I believe I am decent at pvp but this gear difference is flipping rediclous. I can do every combo perfectly on someone with battlemaster gear and he can just sit there taking it and at 50% hp decide to turn around and pretty much 3-4 shot me.

I just cant wait to see swtor's customer support delete my post because they believe I am wrong and wont let others see what we are all dealing with.

Gl to you all who have just gotten to lvl 50. Ill see you guys at endgame gear in 3 months. When before it was achievable in 1 week.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I actually had someone agree on this forum with something. I have been bashed on my idea's on things and it just seem people just like to waste there time.

Alot of my clannie's agree on my topic but obviously im not posting here for them.

I really want to see what the people of swtor have to say.

I understand its new and there trying there best but seriously. Why waste our time and let us get ***** by those cheaters who love to talk **** to players who didnt take advantage of there gaming system because we didnt want to get banned and wanted to play fair.

Now it seems like your asking us to cheat to achieve our endgame goals because they did it and they arnt punished for it.

Instead your punishing us because we didnt take advantage of it and now your like... GL and hf getting ur *** kicked from those battle master rank players which didnt do crap to achieve it.

no offense OP but getting valor 60 has never really been 'easy' ..... ask most republic players who have achieved this rank, I for one have and I don't feel that this stuff should just be easily given out, and it never was. Those people who have gotten the gear have at least gotten the rank AND completed dailies everyday for the bags. I am sorry that you feel like champ/ cent gear isnt good enough. But remeber those guys who are bm's now were there once and did the same thing you are going to have to do. (and as a side note since the change of the system I have actually been able to gear out 2 companions with champ gear, where as before it was a miserable nightmare to get any real peices of champ/cent gear... meaning its easy now........)

i dont know about gear since i am still rank 56 so you might have a point there, but atm i got allmost full champion gear(3 cent parts) and i got no problems fighting battlemasters, no matter what class they are, bm gear might be hard to get but it is not a must to have to be able to play competive against them.

Ruinez do you understand the math... or did you even read what I posted.

I am not bashing on you but seriously?

You would rather have 1 apple vs 5 apples?

1 dollar vs 5 dollars?

no comment...

Your point is invalid and telling someone "do you understand the math" when you seem to not have grasped it at all either is a null point. The change is good.

Here is my 2 cents on how I feel about Starwars the Old Republic and how they are doing things.

First of all before I bash on all the crap Swtor has done in these recent updates, I wish to say that they have a beautiful game and something that could be promising if and when they start listening to there players and stop thinking on what to do to ruin it for them.

1st: There was so many glitchs and bugs to achieve your dailys and weeklys that made it so easy for lvl 50's to get there gear and pass valor around to reach end game gear.

2nd: SWTOR decides to stop that and allow those players who have achieved Battlemaster Gear + lvl 65 valor to stay where they are and reduce the chances of any new comer to come close to this gear. - I am included in that bunch.

Commenting on 2nd: "Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced. Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations." This is a quote from the patch notes...

Seriously... *** are you thinking! You are making it harder to achieve any expertise in Champion wise gear and what? Giving us centurion gear easier so we can have pos gear to fight battlemaster rank players.

Ok lets imagine I have offically hit lvl 60 valor. Same crap happens again. Now i can get my champion gear 2 times as fast even tho I wish to have battlemaster??? Before it was like 3/5 bags would give you a full champion gear which in turn costs 64+ some lower some higher in accomdations for them. You would gain over 150+ accomidations for opening 3/5 bags if you calcuated the item value.

Now you would only get Champion accomdations at 7 a piece and 15 centurium bs... Which means out of 5 bags x 7... 35 Champion accomidations... THEY HAVE MADE IT 5X HARDER TO ACHIEVE ANY FUTURE GEAR THAN EVER....

The bastards who have all battlemaster now can kick your *** for 5x the length of which you could have achieved your gear which was already somewhat long as it was.

Swtor this is my advice to you. Allow players who reach lvl 50 to achieve there gear quicker and faster to battlemaster because of all the faults you gave those players the chance to achieve there gear so quickly.

Instead wait a month to have everyone have that gear and screw those who have achieved that gear already through cheating. Once its been established then press on to grant a higher level standard or bring a more difficult gear to attain that would be monitored from the beginning before implimenting it.

If what I am saying doesnt make sense to you then hit lvl 50 with no expertise gear at all and see how long would it take you now to achieve any gear vs those who are already in battlemaster.

+ all these glitching and bugs and clipping and *** is going on here... I have never seen more cheating in my entire life than Counter strike's wall hacking.

Your allowing players with over dominant gear to **** those who are interrested in playing this game fully. I believe I am decent at pvp but this gear difference is flipping rediclous. I can do every combo perfectly on someone with battlemaster gear and he can just sit there taking it and at 50% hp decide to turn around and pretty much 3-4 shot me.

I just cant wait to see swtor's customer support delete my post because they believe I am wrong and wont let others see what we are all dealing with.

Gl to you all who have just gotten to lvl 50. Ill see you guys at endgame gear in 3 months. When before it was achievable in 1 week.

FYI champ bags still drop random unassembled pieces, just at a lower drop rate

Far away of reduce the chances of getting Champion gear, now with this changes now you have more chances on getting champion and centurion items.

Centurion items: before 3 commendations, now 15 (if im not wrong)

Champion items: before a low chance on getting a random item and 0 commendations. Now 7 commendations and a smaller chance on getting a random item (if im not wrong).

Before many people was whining because they have opened about 15 bags and only won 1 champion item.

I dont remeber the prices of the Champion items, but at now with about 6-8 bags or so you will be getting enough commendations to buy 1 champion item and 2 centurions, and not one random, the one that you want. And that being unlucky and not getting any direct Champion item.

So no, now is easier to get Champion and Centurion gear.

Edited by Shaligal

This is quoted from me and another person in another post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightHawke

Ummmm dude. Let me help you out with math. Ill show my work too.

You get 2 dailies per day. 2x7=14

You get 2 weekly's per week. You get 3 bags per week. 2x3=6

Now, you get 7 Commendations per bag. Oh wait.. I forgot your total bags. 14 + 6 = 20

Now with the 20 bags you got for the week... You get 20 x 7 = 140 commendations for Champion gear.

So that is 3 pieces of normal gear ( 2 clothing and one misc piece) or you could get the weapon by waiting another week. That does not sound bad.

But wait, there's more!!!

Doing warzone matches for the week to get your 7 dailies done. You pull in... lets say 50 commendations a match. 21 matches will .. crap I did it again. 7 x 3 = 21 .... so 21 matches will net you 50 x 21 = 1050 commendations.

Now we all know you will get more than 50 a match, and you will not win every match or it will not count. So you could get an extra champion bag 3 or 4 times a week. So that is another 4 x 7 = 28 Champion commendations a week.

This is a total of 140 + 28 = 168 Commendations for Champion gear a week!

That is darn near enough to grab that weapon.

Now just use that same math for Battlemaster, except the buying a bag from the vendor.

Nothing to worry about chicken little.

I appreciate your time btw, I just wanted to let you know that before I decide to post a reply to your calculations.

In my OP, It stated that if you opened 5 champion bags. You used to have chances of 3 out of 5 full on pieces if you knew this wierd glitch where if you stayed in your ops group and returned to the fleet to turn it in. You would have a higher chance at the champion full item.

3 out of 5 full items which could cost around 60 champion accomidations each roughly.

60 x 3 = what? 120no... 180 champion accomidations. Let alone maybe it might be a duplicate.

You stated in 1 week of playing you agree fully that this new system is great.

"This is a total of 140 + 28 = 168 Commendations for Champion gear a week!"

How can you say that its ok for them to screw you like that.

168 in 1week in the newest patch...

Now Lets do the math now when the chances were 3 out of 5 previously on bag openings for full champion items maybe the same for battlemaster but im not there yet.

In your calculations you can achieve 24 bags a week with contant play.

The previous way was out of 5 bags you could achieve 3 items.

Percentage chance at a full item was 60% chance (3 out of 5).

Now you said we can achieve 24 bags, well the old standards were a high of 60% chance to achieve your champion gear.

That means you could have gotten 14 out of 24 FULL CHAMPION ITEMS....

Maybe 1 of them could have been that champion weapon you were looking for who knows. But... 14??? lets assume an average of how much those champion items accomidations go for. Ill say 50 per full item even tho some are higher and some are lower.

50 x 14 = 700!!!!!!!!!!! CHAMPION ACCOMIDATIONS PER WEEK... Now they reduced down to 168....

You tell me which was fair?

I honestly would give 2 ***** about this concept if it was the 168 implimented right straight from the beginning. But instead they decided to screw us newcomers who didnt have the chance to take advantage of the previous setup. Now we are forced to get ***** once again is why I am "QQ'ing"

Sounds like a good fix. It looks like they brought PvP gearing inline with PvE gearing.

Btw your title is presumptious. I'm lvl 50 and last patch improved my gear gathering casue they boosted rewards for HMs dailies, and I couln't care less about PvP. So please update the thread titel from "all lvl 50 players" to "all - 1 lvl 50 players". cheers

In my OP, It stated that if you opened 5 champion bags. You used to have chances of 3 out of 5 full on pieces if you knew this wierd glitch where if you stayed in your ops group and returned to the fleet to turn it in. You would have a higher chance at the champion full item.

So, only to be sure, your point is that before exploiding a glitch there was more chances to get Champion gear and now you have enraged because that has been corrected. That is the point?

Impressive. After that there is no need to continue with this post.

Edited by Shaligal

To The OP,

First off it sounds like you're upset that you didn't get the chance to cheat your way to lvl65 valor?

Second, This also sounds like a SKILL issue not a GEAR issue. If you're getting your butt whooped all the time then maybe you just suck at your class or PvP in general? Practice more? Not bashing you but I've defeated some players wearing all PvP vs my blues and greens. Yes they were horrible at PvP, this might be your case?

Skill > Gear

Edited by Zyanzor

I think you guys didnt fully read what I said and dont expect you to... Like I said people who used "glitches, cheats, and other methods" got there gear faster than the norm.

There was a bug where if you stayed in your ops group and turned in your champion bags you would achieve a high rate of 60% chance to get full items from the bags even battle master.

I am not bull ******** because it worked perfectly and I saw the imperials take advantage of this on the fan site boards and also we did too.

The problem is they have taken advantage of valor rank glitchs which is now fix'ed that you could reach valor rank 60 in less than 2-3 days.

Now its like 300-400 hours like the other person said.

They are not penalizing the cheaters for this instead they are embracing them by fixing all these glitches and bugs and not allowing us players who are really grinding it out to achieve this gear.

Yes I knew about these bugs and glitches and have tried it because I didnt believe it was true a week ago.

I did it and gotten a 60% value on these items. And the patch then hits. I realized on the fan site boards they are trolling on all the newbs including me and you all posting here that your all going to get stomped on for the next couple of months because you didnt know about this...

So all of you who have been doing it legitly feel like this is a great update... but really you got screwed entirely if you knew about the 60% bonus chance at getting full items fromm your bags.

You'll never be ahead of those cheaters because your honest and good willed. I appreciate players like you but I wish to fight for you guys too because of all the bs you guys are taking and not seeing for your selves.

I think you guys didnt fully read what I said and dont expect you to... Like I said people who used "glitches, cheats, and other methods" got there gear faster than the norm.

There was a bug where if you stayed in your ops group and turned in your champion bags you would achieve a high rate of 60% chance to get full items from the bags even battle master.

I am not bull ******** because it worked perfectly and I saw the imperials take advantage of this on the fan site boards and also we did too.

The problem is they have taken advantage of valor rank glitchs which is now fix'ed that you could reach valor rank 60 in less than 2-3 days.

Now its like 300-400 hours like the other person said.

They are not penalizing the cheaters for this instead they are embracing them by fixing all these glitches and bugs and not allowing us players who are really grinding it out to achieve this gear.

Yes I knew about these bugs and glitches and have tried it because I didnt believe it was true a week ago.

I did it and gotten a 60% value on these items. And the patch then hits. I realized on the fan site boards they are trolling on all the newbs including me and you all posting here that your all going to get stomped on for the next couple of months because you didnt know about this...

So all of you who have been doing it legitly feel like this is a great update... but really you got screwed entirely if you knew about the 60% bonus chance at getting full items fromm your bags.

You'll never be ahead of those cheaters because your honest and good willed. I appreciate players like you but I wish to fight for you guys too because of all the bs you guys are taking and not seeing for your selves.

So, the best way to solve it in your opions seems to be to keep that glitch or make the Champion gear extremely easy to pick.

Considering that soon or later new tiers will appear and the fact that in some months most of the people that plays today will stop playing (because the people at some point stops playing, specially in a new game), that is only a provisional problem. In some time all people will be full champion/battlemaster or Rakata btw (or will have tier 4 or tier 5 gear), so no major problem with that.

They have solved a glitch and now is pretty easy to get centurion/champion gear. What more you want, that in one bag you will get a full Champion gear? Come on, a normal guy can take only 1 month to be full Champion and a non-life freak can need only 1-2 weeks

Edited by Shaligal

The problem is they have taken advantage of valor rank glitchs which is now fix'ed that you could reach valor rank 60 in less than 2-3 days.QUOTE]

There has only been 1 valr exploit glitch and that was the ilum update witch gave killing a enemy turret give extreme valor, BW did rollback everybody who gained extreme amount of valor and even banned some who was over exploiting it.

SWTOR's Newest Patch Ruined all lvl 50 Players Gear Gathering

Pretty much make anything you post irrelevant and warrant of a forum ignore.

This is a quote from another post i want you guys to read:

Quote:

Originally Posted by anstalt

You definitely did not have a 60% chance to obtain an unassembled champion item before these changes were made. Maybe you got lucky, but consensus seems to be that actual drop rate is around 10-15%. I'm sure the devs could provide the answer.

So, lets say 10% before. That means roughly one item every 10 bags.

In new system, 10 bags = 70 champ comms = any item except weapon available to purchase.

Add to this that new system can also give unassembled items and the new system is a clear winner. The new system removes RNG and makes progression steady. It removes the frustration of duplicates. It makes it easier to get on the ladder with centurion gear. New system wins all round!

Why would you say I definitely didnt get 60%... when I told you its a bug in the game.

Check fan sites about the champion bag bug. It gave players a high percentage chance to gain unassembled champion items before the update.

You think Swtor is going to say that they fixed this bug? Instead they revamped it and didnt tell anyone about the previous problem. Players such as your self will never believe it untill you see every glitch and every bug that currently exists even till today after the newest update.

There are over 10 bugs/glitches players are taking advantage of right now as we speak that fully works. Ive already reported them all but it seems like they dont really care about players gaining valor or gear quicker.

Instead they are looking ot reduce your chances of cheating your way up and allowing those cheaters to stay ahead.

I believe 100% your idea of the new system is bad *** but its to late for that. We have to many people who took advantage of the system and are still out there with full fledge gear and rank 65+ valor who are trolling on players.

Thats what I am here complaining about.

Edited by XxCaLiPsOxX

I look at it this way.

In the first week @ 50 I opened 16 bags and got 5 pieces of champion gear (weapon, offhand, chest, gloves, and helm).

In the second week @ 50 I opened 14 bags and got 2 pieces of champion gear (wrists and legs).

In the third week @ 50 I opened 10 bags and got 3 pieces of champion gear (Implant, wrists and gloves).

So in total I opened 40 bags and got 10 pieces of champion gear (2 duplicates).

Now under the current system those same 40 bags would get me 280 champion tokens or enough for the weapon plus what... one more piece?

So 40 bags = 10 pieces of gear under old system

And 40 bags = 2 pieces of gear under new system

10 > 2

Therefore old system wins.

I look at it this way.

In the first week @ 50 I opened 16 bags and got 5 pieces of champion gear (weapon, offhand, chest, gloves, and helm).

In the second week @ 50 I opened 14 bags and got 2 pieces of champion gear (wrists and legs).

In the third week @ 50 I opened 10 bags and got 3 pieces of champion gear (Implant, wrists and gloves).

So in total I opened 40 bags and got 10 pieces of champion gear (2 duplicates).

Now under the current system those same 40 bags would get me 280 champion tokens or enough for the weapon plus what... one more piece?

So 40 bags = 10 pieces of gear under old system

And 40 bags = 2 pieces of gear under new system

10 > 2

Therefore old system wins.

THANK YOU JESUS! THERE IS A GOD....

ONCE AGAIN ITS 5X HARDER TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS...

Now i can sleep gg... I hate you swtor pvp developers. Other than that rework your system to not extend your endgame that was already achievable easier earily on instead make it the same and bring out other endgame material at a higher rate... to make it fair for everyone.

THANK YOU JESUS! THERE IS A GOD....

ONCE AGAIN ITS 5X HARDER TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS...

Now i can sleep gg... I hate you swtor pvp developers. Other than that rework your system to not extend your endgame that was already achievable easier earily on instead make it the same and bring out other endgame material at a higher rate... to make it fair for everyone.

omg when i had to pay for my first month, BW had some credit card issues that put me out of the game for 9 days, it is not fair, everybody i am competing against should be frozen for 9 days so i can cathc up and it is fair for every one.

see what i did there ?