6.0 Hatred Assassin PvP Gearing + Utilities guide

Jinre_the_Jedi

Hey friends, finished up with the Hatred guide. You'll find that the burst of Hatred in 6.0 is pretty good compared to 5.0. It's not deception levels of burst, but it's very close with the added benefit of having really strong sustained DPS at the cost of having very weak defensive capabilities. Let me know if I missed anything in the guide, enjoy.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

Thank you! Appreciate your hard work and for your efforts in other threads to combat ignorance and kneejerk reactions.

You're welcome friend, I hope the guide helps. I'll try to have a guide out for Darkness (tank) spec next week, but gearing tank isn't as straightforward as it seems since there are many attractive set bonuses that they can use.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey friends, finished up with the Hatred guide. You'll find that the burst of Hatred in 6.0 is pretty good compared to 5.0. It's not deception levels of burst, but it's very close with the added benefit of having really strong sustained DPS at the cost of having very weak defensive capabilities. Let me know if I missed anything in the guide, enjoy.

Thank you for this!

Im actually liking hatred more than deception for PVP.

Krea, which sin spec do you like playing more right now?

I played dot spec sins right before they changed them (years ago), used to be it was a really mobile spec that could use range and kiting with dots to their advantage. (I wonder if it's still like that.)

I'll try to have a guide out for Darkness (tank) spec next week, but gearing tank isn't as straightforward as it seems since there are many attractive set bonuses that they can use.

Hey there, Kre'a! I remember you from way back in the day. Good to see you're still around.

I took a long hiatus from the game, and am eager to see your Darkness/Kinetic Combat guide.

And if you (or anyone else here) could explain how Severing Slash/Cleaving cut fits into the Darkness/Kinetic Combat PvP scheme, I'd be eternally grateful.

Keep up the good work!

Hey there, Kre'a! I remember you from way back in the day. Good to see you're still around.

I took a long hiatus from the game, and am eager to see your Darkness/Kinetic Combat guide.

And if you (or anyone else here) could explain how Severing Slash/Cleaving cut fits into the Darkness/Kinetic Combat PvP scheme, I'd be eternally grateful.

Keep up the good work!

FWIW - I don't see how severing slash fits. Force Slow is better in every way.

Keep up the good work!

I will have out a Darkness guide within the week. Severing Slash is only useful if you have the Shadow Purger set bonus, which is pretty mediocre tbh. It gives a 90% accuracy debuff to all enemies you hit while you have force shroud active (it's just an AoE obfuscation). Overall it's a pretty useless ability.

I will have out a Darkness guide within the week. Severing Slash is only useful if you have the Shadow Purger set bonus, which is pretty mediocre tbh. It gives a 90% accuracy debuff to all enemies you hit while you have force shroud active (it's just an AoE obfuscation). Overall it's a pretty useless ability.

Hey Man!

I have a question about Hatred. During chaotic PVP battle, I find myself just going through my rotation without really considering how much time is left on various DOTS. I don't know of a way to monitor your dots, except for look at the debuffs on the enemy. I'm most likely overlapping DOTS. Do you have any advice on this Krea?

Hey Man!

I have a question about Hatred. During chaotic PVP battle, I find myself just going through my rotation without really considering how much time is left on various DOTS. I don't know of a way to monitor your dots, except for look at the debuffs on the enemy. I'm most likely overlapping DOTS. Do you have any advice on this Krea?

Not Krea but I changed my target's debuffs to sort by time remaining & to be highlighted. Also deathfield/FiB's cool down is 14ish seconds & your dots last 18, so guesstimate around that.

Actually learned something... thanks

Somewhat out of the blue, but whats your take on off-guarding for sins or just off-guard in general? Have not played much against it this expansion, but I imagine it can still be somewhat of a problem if it wasn't changed