Some nice PvP in Section X last night

Lium

Imps are really crappy when you catch them 1v1 or with even numbers. That's my take away from the fights. :-)

I can't honestly say I ever lost to a pub within a 5 level range 1v1 in open world....ever. In my experience, it's the PuBs who are really crappy.

This is one of the many reasons that I despise factions, people equating an attribute of a player to which developer created faction they chose at character creation. It's like saying, "I fought this one chiss and they were terrible so all chiss must be terrible". Personally I think things that aren't products of the players themselves are pretty meaningless. I place much more weight and emphasis on the player's guild when making broad generalizations of groups. I don't get how people can begin to feel pride in the developer created box they threw themselves into and feel contempt for the other one.

But that's just a pvp'rs perspective, I would like to see factions eliminated in place of guild warfare. That won't happen in this game because a major selling point here is being able to roleplay sith lord #26216751 and purge the galaxy of "republic scum" while speaking in a pseudo-british accent.

Edited by Commissar_Omega

I wish they let us kill the same faction in these zones. Gotta hate those idiots that steal my quest resources, and i have to stand there weith a thuimb up my butt watching them do it. Let me kill these idiots! I am not prejudice, i want to kill everyone..

This is one of the many reasons that I despise factions, people equating an attribute of a player to which developer created faction they chose at character creation. It's like saying, "I fought this one chiss and they were terrible so all chiss must be terrible". Personally I think things that aren't products of the players themselves are pretty meaningless. I place much more weight and emphasis on the player's guild when making broad generalizations of groups. I don't get how people can begin to feel pride in the developer created box they threw themselves into and feel contempt for the other one.

But that's just a pvp'rs perspective, I would like to see factions eliminated in place of guild warfare. That won't happen in this game because a major selling point here is being able to roleplay sith lord #26216751 and purge the galaxy of "republic scum" while speaking in a pseudo-british accent.

Thats not a British accent. It's an English accent. I sound nothing like those fgts

bad reps are in warzones. bad imps are 'camping' the rep heroic area in pve gear. :rolleyes:

(no really, a heal-specced scoundrel should not be able to kill a marauder with their companion out...)

Edited by amnie

It wasn't just one or two imps I encountered. It was several of them. They all camped the instance entrance in large numbers and waited for any rep to run by, then zerg.

However, when I waited and caught them as they straggled away from the group, I killed them pretty quickly. It was honestly like picking them off one by one. I did get owned by a couple of them, but the majority went down super fast.

It wasn't just one or two imps I encountered. It was several of them. They all camped the instance entrance in large numbers and waited for any rep to run by, then zerg.

However, when I waited and caught them as they straggled away from the group, I killed them pretty quickly. It was honestly like picking them off one by one. I did get owned by a couple of them, but the majority went down super fast.

/cookie

I can't honestly say I ever lost to a pub within a 5 level range 1v1 in open world....ever. In my experience, it's the PuBs who are really crappy.

Well, I got to take that back now, my Jugg got owned by a Sentinel the other night on Illum. Was a close fight the first time, although he had the NPCs on his side, but second and third fight, after I burned my cool-downs, he obliterated me. Had a lot of fun, and wish I could remember his name for the life of me. I'll eventually want a rematch.

Edited by Wraiven

Lots of fun fights yesterday. Found a way to get into the pub base area and went to town before we got swarmed a couple times. Heard the pubs found a way into the imperial base area earlier in the day too.

Seems a gm blocked the rock climb way in before the day was over though. Doesn't matter though, plenty of other spots to fight. Officially newest favorite place for open pvp but the npc's do change the odds in a lot of those fights. Black hole is still superior for large groups but X has lots of different places to utilize terrain which makes it pretty fun.

Lots of fun fights yesterday. Found a way to get into the pub base area and went to town before we got swarmed a couple times. Heard the pubs found a way into the imperial base area earlier in the day too.

Yeah, there was about 20 of us in there base.

we had some fun with an afk-juggernaut (I .think. it was a juggernaut) yesterday... the area is just hilarious for pushing/pulling afk-people to a different spot than where they went afk. I wish we'd taken a video.

also, little random advice:

do not go afk at the little spot near that 'lava river' where the 'faction areas' cross-over... you are not actually hiding there very well and chances are you'll end up in said lava river :p

I agree for actual battles black hole is better (also, it's corellia, so the setting fits), but section x is a lot of fun for randomly roaming around. there's just so many corners and sneaking ways... and gosh, so many mobs that can turn a situation around in seconds if you're not careful... lol

there's just so many corners and sneaking ways... and gosh, so many mobs that can turn a situation around in seconds if you're not careful... lol

That's why I love section x for owpvp. Terrain makes it waaaay more fun. It favors the smaller group too if they know how to use it right. Npcs keep it interesting. I love that those turrets don't instakill.

I'm still doing some exploring :).

• 2 months later...
Thats not a British accent. It's an English accent. I sound nothing like those fgts

Good thing that you (personally) don't sound like "us". I would hate to hear such racism and intolerance spewed so casually in an English accent. Thanks for asserting that you (specifically YOU) are not one of us in front of a mostly foreign community.

Edited by HexDecimalUK