In Game Gear a Disappointment

xyloh

There is a thread in suggestion forums regarding the disappointment in the gear currently in game.

Here is my post as well as a link to the thread: Ugliest end game gear in MMO history

I always wanted to be a gear "Fashion Designer" since starting MMO's. I sew as a hobby but always felt that games lack the fantasy aspect a lot in gear. (I'm starting to think I should pursue it as a career and go back to school for it...)

I wonder which game designer decided to put turtle mitts on my Columi sage's hands, or a potato sack as her Champion gear??

Oh wait, I got the next rank of gear up... OMG!!! It's White turtle mitts instead of Green!!! I'm so happy... (not really)

Don't even get me started on the fan I have on my head... Really... can you imagine obiwan with a fan on his head and turtles on his hands??

Where is the futuristic Samurai inspired gear??

Oh look another person got their Battle master gear on their Jedi Knight... I think Ironman is in the wrong mmo... Makes the abbreviation for Jedi Knight (JK) kinda literal.

I was super happy to dress like a slave girl/republic dancer from level 10-49... but good lord... a girl can't keep her swag in a potato sack...

What are your thoughts on gear in game compared to the gear in the movies we love so much?

Edited by xyloh

I thought it would be relevant since the movies are the inspiration to the game. Plus the end game gear, rakata/battlemaster gear have stats "Baked" into them so Orange modable gear does not apply.

Anyhow I just wanted to see if we could get some support for the thread from the forum being watched by those who discuss Star Wars.

I just want plain Jedi Robes (Prequel and Ben style) with a hood that can be up or down (Not gone, just down). And Nautolans. Heck, Neo-crusader Mando armor would be cool too. Why not have some of that medium Force user armor from KotOR (Look). Mira style attire, some Echani clothes.

I thought it would be relevant since the movies are the inspiration to the game. Plus the end game gear, rakata/battlemaster gear have stats "Baked" into them so Orange modable gear does not apply.

Anyhow I just wanted to see if we could get some support for the thread from the forum being watched by those who discuss Star Wars.

Do we dress anything like people did 3650 years ago? I don't think the way people look in the movies has anything to do with this game.

'shrug' - can't speak for anyone but myself. I have been somewhat disappointed with the gear (and outfits) in the game so far. I presently have four characters (3 Rep and 1 Emp).My highest is my main Jk who, because I need the gear upgrades to keep competitive in the game, looks more like a trooper. No Jedi 'feel/look' at all. He is lvl 24. My Smuggler (lvl 18) and Inquisitor (lvl 12) look ok. My trooper looks terrible, from an outfit and body (I just messed up with original CC and am stuck with final look) and gear progression has my Companion looking much better than my character.

All in all, on a grade of 1-10, I give the game a '5' on looks in game. I realize that in a gear progression game we will not get the looks that we want but that doesn't change the somewhat disappointed feeling. This is not CoH or Champions but boy, more options and ingame control of 'looks' would really be nice.

As an aside - the limited weapons system is really strange. 3/4 of the gear picked up by a class are seriously deficient (red minuses) in the very stats of the class I am playing. Have picked up at least 4 shotgun drops for my Smuggler and ALL of them were redminus in one or the other of my primary stats. Goes for all four of my characters, no exceptions.

PS: The money sinks for stims and skills training suck onions. I have low funds on all four characters throughout the first 24 levels.

Now that the whining is done I am still a subbing player and have no intention of quitting.

Do we dress anything like people did 3650 years ago? I don't think the way people look in the movies has anything to do with this game.

A lot of the scenery and pretty much the whole scope of the game has been changed to be more like the movie era, because fans want to play a SW mmo like the movies. Houses, buildings, starships still have the same basic design features, but probably just improved technologically.

OP: Being a Sith Marauder and Imp Sniper, I don't really have any complaints, but I defiantly feel for you, or anyone who is a Jedi.

Especially that Jedi knight pvp armor, doesn't surprise me that Bioware actually outsourced some of the art department.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

there are some classes that are a bit good the sith inquisitor and jedi counselor both have fairly nice gear save for a few things that would have to change....i really dislike the sith warrior pvp gear though their pve gear isn't terrible the smuggler also has nice pvp/pve gear imho but all in all the gear looks aren't all that great i will probably mash together some mod gear to have the look i want

While I have not hit level 50 and therefor do not have to wear it, I have looked at the options for Player Verses Player gear while some are awesome they lack the certain aesthetics I am looking for. However I do feel that the color customization will make some look better. As a level forty Sage the only epic outfit setup is on my poor useless Tharan......

People will complain no matter what they're given... when you're tasked with creating as many sets of armour as is required, you're going to create some things that aren't liked by players... When creating the endgame sets, I'm sure the developers wanted to make the gear look unique, and make you look like more than just your 'run of the mill' Jedi or what have you. That is all.

You know, Xyloh is right. The more I look around, the more I see some of the strangest looking armor I've seen in any game. I mean really, Bounty Hunters look they have handles all over them, and don't get me started on the "bug eye" helmet. I've seen a sith dressed in bones....Really?! Seriously?! Making you look unique is one thing, but some of these are down right goofy.