Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Optimal Stats for all 24 Disciplines, 5.2 Edition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Optimal Stats for all 24 Disciplines, 5.2 Edition

krosswong
05.16.2018 , 04:44 PM | #161
The general consensus for gearing dps (with the exclusion of certain specs that get alacrity bonuses from their tree) is:
2 Crit Crystals
6 alacrity enhancements, 5 augs
3 critical enhancements, 6 augs
1 accuracy enhancement 3 augs

There's an alternative method which involves 5 Accuracy Augs which brings you to 109.96% accuracy and about 30 extra points in crit, but i'd rather take the 110% accuracy from the 1e + 3a route.
The Guildkiller Legacy

Harbinger's #1 pub side trash.

Gyronamics
05.17.2018 , 02:53 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by krosswong View Post
The general consensus for gearing dps (with the exclusion of certain specs that get alacrity bonuses from their tree) is:
2 Crit Crystals
6 alacrity enhancements, 5 augs
3 critical enhancements, 6 augs
1 accuracy enhancement 3 augs

There's an alternative method which involves 5 Accuracy Augs which brings you to 109.96% accuracy and about 30 extra points in crit, but i'd rather take the 110% accuracy from the 1e + 3a route.
So you don't want 495 + 240 for 735 accuracy because it's sub 110%
You'd rather go for 231 + 297 + 240 for 768 accuracy

However you can get closer to 110% with less stats.

You go 462 + 297 for 759 accuracy

It's the old fashioned way that doesn't involve an accuracy stim.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

AdjeYo
05.17.2018 , 03:16 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
So you don't want 495 + 240 for 735 accuracy because it's sub 110%
You'd rather go for 231 + 297 + 240 for 768 accuracy

However you can get closer to 110% with less stats.

You go 462 + 297 for 759 accuracy

It's the old fashioned way that doesn't involve an accuracy stim.
While this brings you closer to accuracy cap, it's not necessarily more dps. You'll probably need to drop a crit enhancement for the extra accuracy enhancement and you're losing the 99 from stim. So you lose 330 crit to gain 240 mastery and 99 power. I'd say this is probably a dps loss because crit is generally valued higher than power and mastery due to the amounts of power/mastery we already have and the fact that crit works multiplicatively.

Now I haven't done the exact math on it (but seeing as it was already possible to reach the cap with 2 enhancements and 3 augments with 228 augments and this model apparently thought it was better to go the accuracy stim way, I'm gonna assume that still holds, because the new augments really change nothing in this regard).

krosswong
05.17.2018 , 03:31 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
While this brings you closer to accuracy cap, it's not necessarily more dps. You'll probably need to drop a crit enhancement for the extra accuracy enhancement and you're losing the 99 from stim. So you lose 330 crit to gain 240 mastery and 99 power. I'd say this is probably a dps loss because crit is generally valued higher than power and mastery due to the amounts of power/mastery we already have and the fact that crit works multiplicatively.

Now I haven't done the exact math on it (but seeing as it was already possible to reach the cap with 2 enhancements and 3 augments with 228 augments and this model apparently thought it was better to go the accuracy stim way, I'm gonna assume that still holds, because the new augments really change nothing in this regard).
Exactly, i'm in the process of crunching the numbers now, but the only reason i mention the 5 augments alternative is because it's a way of almost reaching the accuracy cap that wasn't viable with 228 augments. That being said, you really can't reach the second alacrity threshold without full 248 enhancements so ymmv.

Edit:
So after crunching the numbers, comparing the two
231 + 297 + 240 for 768 accuracy build nets you:
41.57% Crit %
79.57% Crit Multiplier
2513.68 Bonus Damage

462 + 297 accuracy build nets you:
39.29% Crit %
77.04% Crit Multiplier
2584.45 Bonus Damage

While they're close, i'd still prefer the extra crit multiplier... especially for classes with guaranteed crit procs.

Edit Edit:
Thinking about a real life example, sorc dps would be a prime example of why i'd take the top option over the bottom... Recklessness will take the top build above 100% crit chance, guaranteeing the crit; whereas the bottom build would bring you just shy of 100% (which is the same reason i discredit the 5 accuracy augment build)
The Guildkiller Legacy

Harbinger's #1 pub side trash.

Gyronamics
05.17.2018 , 04:20 PM | #165
Sounds like a wash unless you have a specific reason.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

misterfelix
Yesterday , 03:28 AM | #166
why optimal stats with and without mastery steam are different?