The Silence Is Deafening

LordDarrack

Gentlemen Devs

So its a few weeks now since the debacle that was 5.whatever, when are we at least going to get the curtesy of a timeline for these numerous bugs and the mother of all red headed stepchild's of a gearing system

My time and money is currently spent in ESO for which I must thank you guys for your cockup and inane drivel of a story or I would never had enjoyed their Christmas event as I would have been here.

They are already announcing new events and DLCs for the coming months, all we are getting here is silence.

I am beginning to think you really don't care.

Yours a paying customer.

Be safe

Gentlemen Devs

So its a few weeks now since the debacle that was 5.whatever, when are we at least going to get the curtesy of a timeline for these numerous bugs and the mother of all red headed stepchild's of a gearing system

My time and money is currently spent in ESO for which I must thank you guys for your cockup and inane drivel of a story or I would never had enjoyed their Christmas event as I would have been here.

They are already announcing new events and DLCs for the coming months, all we are getting here is silence.

Yours a paying customer.

Be safe

1) they've been on holiday break for a week or 2, so cut them some slack on that.

2) They have announced something. They put a new Instanced WB on the PTS fairly recently, so we know that'll be coming out sometime in the near future, after they're done testing it on the PTS.

3) I may be mistaken, however I think Eric made a post sometime after the new year that said some bug fixes would be in the next patch. I forget the number but it was something along the lines of 5.10.1. Here is a link to that post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9687747#edit9687747

See they have given us some information already.

Edited by Toraak

The long and the short of it is that Anthem is not far from launch. the 2019 Quarter is coming up at the end of march, is is more than likely anthem is going to be out before that. I wouldn't be surprised if 98% of bioware staff are assigned to anthem permanently and a few members working optionally on swtor in between just to scram before launch.

EA scaled Bioware back from 5 offices to 2 over the previous year and reabsorbed those employees to other operations within EA. After Visceral's demise as well, it isn't looking good for Bioware should Anthem fail to be successful.

Should Anthem beat the odds and prove successful, Bioware might get a reprieve from the chopping block, and some of those devs could find their way back to SWTOR or find themselves at least with a little more opportunity to work part time on SWTOR until the build up to the next big content launch for Anthem.

SWTOR and the untitled dragon age game depend on the outcome of Anthem in effect. EA isn't known for throwing away money when they can claw it all back selling bioware off, piece by piece.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything from them until February.

If you are lucky.

Even if you do, i wouldn't expect much of anything heading through to spring. Even after spring it will take a while to have the effects of developers working on SWTOR being felt on the timeline. i wouldn't expect any major updates until the summer or fall timetable. That is all assuming EA keep Bioware going.

1) they've been on holiday break for a week or 2, so cut them some slack on that.

2) They have announced something. They put a new Instanced WB on the PTS fairly recently, so we know that'll be coming out sometime in the near future, after they're done testing it on the PTS.

3) I may be mistaken, however I think Eric made a post sometime after the new year that said some bug fixes would be in the next patch. I forget the number but it was something along the lines of 5.10.1. Here is a link to that post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9687747#edit9687747

See they have given us some information already.

1) I know of no other company that shuts down for two weeks when they offer a continuous service, it would be suicide for my business.

2) PTS? big deal

3) that post says nothing 'Tentative' means nothing.

They haven't given us anything not even someone offering words of advice or 'firefighting' the main issues.

I say again "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

Be safe

1) I know of no other company that shuts down for two weeks when they offer a continuous service, it would be suicide for my business.

2) PTS? big deal

3) that post says nothing 'Tentative' means nothing.

They haven't given us anything not even someone offering words of advice or 'firefighting' the main issues.

I say again "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

Be safe

Evidently your new here. Most times BW takes 6 weeks off starting in Mid December through the beginning of Feb. In previous years we would get barely any communication and definitely no Patch before Feb, so the fact they've posted and even said they are looking at getting a bug fix patch sometime this month is saying something. The fact they put any new content on the public test server tells us clearly they are still working on new content.

Evidently your new here. Most times BW takes 6 weeks off starting in Mid December through the beginning of Feb. In previous years we would get barely any communication and definitely no Patch before Feb, so the fact they've posted and even said they are looking at getting a bug fix patch sometime this month is saying something. The fact they put any new content on the public test server tells us clearly they are still working on new content.

Been a Sub since the start mate.

Not very good business practice is it really?

Be safe

Gentlemen Devs

Yours a paying customer.

Be safe

Sounds like you had fun on the other game. What are you complaining for? Either the choice for you is obvious (stop paying for and playing this game), or you like this game better even with all its faults that you feel it has.

Been a Sub since the start mate.

Not very good business practice is it really?

No, it's a bad business practice. But it has been like this every year, so this cannot be a surprise for you anymore. And it is your choice to continue being here despite that bad business practice. Just like it is my choice and everyone else's here. They won't change their way, obviously. So we can only blame ourselves. Or don't blame. I choose the latter.

So its a few weeks now since the debacle that was 5.whatever

How is it a debacle?

Gentlemen Devs

Yours a paying customer.

Be safe

Why does it bother you ? You know very well that :

1. you are paying for a game that is 7 years old and let's be honest.. it doesn't seem to have any kind of future in terms of character development, story or anything else.

2. the studio is currently focused on another project and this game ISN"T a priority or worth any major investents hence... the little content we get.

3. it has been like this since 5.0 launched.. Seriously man, last year was the same, the year before last year was the same... What do you expect ?

Just enjoy whatever is left of the game... that's all you can do. If you dont enjoy it. MOve on.