Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular

EricMusco

At this point, I think the writing is on the wall. I think they are just going to rip apart every single class in subsequent patches after 5.3 and are going to make the players of all the classes very unhappy in some measure. I'm not surprised at the severity of the Sorc heal nerf [although I didn't expect it to be quite so severe] because BW has a long history of swinging the nerf hammer far too hard, which this Sorc nerf is just another example of in a long history of like manner.

When they start nerfing all the other classes that have not been considered to be over performing by most players and more and more people object to the changes being made that most would view as unwarranted nothing will stop the mass exodus will be the undoing of this game. People are starting to feel very tense and uncertain about the future of this game and I think soon no one is going to feel safe from the machinations of what so was supposed to be class balance.

They can use any system of metrics they want, but that is a decision on their part, it's not like the laws of physics demand anything here. They can simply rule by decree and say X class does this amount of DPS, Y class does this amount of HPS, Z class has this type of defensive's.

They are free to do whatever they want here, but if in the course of their class balancing they make changes that ever growing amounts of players become unhappy with [right or wrong, makes sense or non-nonsensical], the standards they are imposing aren't going to matter.

It may very well be that the devs have good intentions behind the manner of class balancing they are instituting here, but at the end of the day players only consider one thing, are they having fun playing the game and the classes they love to play. - I honestly thing they are going to effect every class and spec in the game to a point that no one is going to be happy about changes made to them. Oddly enough, people tend not to pay for things they don't want or that are noticeably inferior to what they are looking for. Perception is more important than truth.

The road to hell is often laid with good intentions.

All the nerfs listed at least make a small measure of sense, BESIDES the change to Revivification. That is retarded, it's so bad already! Why are they damaging it further!? It's been nerfed nonstop since they first introduced the damn skill.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be fine with op healing becoming fotm again

Wouldn't get my hopes up. These are changes for Sorc, but they are saying all 3 healers should expect changes be at "the" HPS target.

And these are only changes for HPS. They are not touching (yet?) their utilities, which are in big part what makes Sorc heals OP for PvP.

If all 3 healers are having their hps nerfed in a similar manner and no significant changes to utilities are made then Sorc heals will still be the go to heal for PvP. Let's wait and see.

This nerf for PvE ? Harsh I think.

Edited by wainot-keel

Oof. Well, we'll have to see how they perform in ops. I've mained a Sage healer since the beginning, and I'm not going to stop now. Maybe we'll regain a little respect with our healing not being quite so easy anymore. I remember back when it was Scoundrel healing that was the stupidly easy one, and good Sage heals meant something. We'll see.

Let me remind those, who are happy about these changes that it is mainly sorcs and sages that keep them alive in a Warzone. They will all disappear and the very same people will cry for more healers.

This nerf is way too much, especially when I take into consideration that the 2 DPS specs will also be nerfed, lightning/TK doesn't get anything and madness/balance will still be bad (slight dps buff but they will still drop like flies).

You could've just deleted sorcerers and sages from the game.

R E V I V I F I C A T I ON - is already so TERRIBLE, why would you even feel the need to whack any further? It's like not even 7% of my parse, like what are you doing?!

This is the dumbest change i've seen to date, It's like nerfing Gunnery/Arsenal damage while ignoring the main problem their goddamned surviviability.

HONESTLY, just go right ahead and remove Revivification, it's such a bad skill made worse by these changes. Like just go ahead please. It's just awful now, a 10% nerf to a near-useless skill already is just uneducated and baseless awfulness.

YOU NERFED IT LAST PATCH, WHY EVEN BOTHER AGAIN?!

/slowclap... I was expecting some minor tweaks, since people never seem to stop complaining about how they can't kill "anything" in PvP. However, this is a nuclear strike on this class. Sages/Sorcs will no longer be viable for NiM/Master raids with these changes, and they'll be a bad joke in PvP.

Why do you Devs listen to the PvP loosers who are just... well sore loosers? Stop listing to those who are ************ and throwing a fit because they can't just shred everything in their path. I get the sorc/sage was strong and needed a nerf, but this is ridiculous.

I've played as a Shadow Tank since 5.0 dropped, and I thought things were pretty well balanced in PvP healing wise. I earned an entire set of 248's that way and, in my experience, a well coordinated team could overwhelm sorc/sage healers the majority of the time. The only real exception being a 4v4 against 2 sage/sorc heals. YES, THIS WAS A PROBLEM! but then tweak the class instead of burning it to a glass floor... and then shooting it's dog for the hell of it.

To those of you wringing your hands in delight over this nerf... congratulations! ... I give it 1 week of 5.3 before you find something else to ***** about, and how unbalanced, and UNPLAYABLE, AND ARRRRGGHH!!! Meanwhile when you actually do PvE you'll start **** talking Sages/Sorcs when you die, because they won't be able to keep up whilst you stand in stupid anymore... have fun with that.

Now that I'm done with my rant... maybe I'll go do something productive this summer... I was going to gear my Sage healer... buuuuuuuut... /endrant

Just remove it! Go ahead! This is the stupidest change I've seen to date. Revivification is fudging garbage already! Why do you the feel the need to just dump on it again? This change is ruthless and overkill. It serves to help nobody! N O B O D Y.

You want to nerf roaming mend, go the **** ahead! Innervate, sure whatever! BUT WHY IN GODS NAME! WOULD YOU TOUCH THIS ALREADY NEAR-AWFUL SKILL?

Thank you Bioware - this is makes it perfectly easy to not renew in 20 days.

Started when the game began, tried to live through tons of disappointment in lack of content for the past few years.

This is just a terrible decision - 25% really ? Almost 10% to Innervate ?

Why don't you just remove the class entirely?

I have always tried to take your changes in stride but this is just plain off the mark - 100% off the mark.

So long

Started when the game began, tried to live through tons of disappointment in lack of content for the past few years.

I have always tried to take your changes in stride but this is just plain off the mark - 100% off the mark.

So long

Heh... I'm close to where you are, bud.

Regardless... the whiners can find other healers, I will be done once this drops.

I think most of these changes are fine and warranted, but I do think that there are some here that just go above and beyond what is required to bring this spec back in line.

Revivication being nerfed makes no sense. Sorcs already have pretty bad AoE healing to begin with, and this is rather expensive to use. There is no reason to touch this ability.

Roaming Mend needs a nerf. I think everyone can agree with that. However, a 30% nerf is a little extreme, especially with the force cost increase combined with the nerf to Revivication.

Dark Infusion cast time nerf with Resurgence is just ridiculous really. That ability is already not that rewarding to use in most situations to begin with.

I get that in PvE Corruption is strong, and PvP it is really strong, but this isn't balance. This is swinging the pendulum to the far end of the opposite side of the spectrum. Please put these changes on the PTS and allow NiM raiders and Ranked PvP teams and solo queue players test these and give you feedback. You need to see how these changes affect the highest level of play in the game. I think that you have taken a class that is overperforming and hti it so hard that now it is going to be the worst healer by far. Kneejerk reactions to public outcry never serves anyone's interest in the long run. You need real balance. I get that you guys have a target dps/hps/dtps in mind, but do you ever stop and think that there is more to the game than just those values. I don't know how much the combat team plays, but these changes scream of someone who has just read the feedback from the angry forum posts. Also is 248 gear even being taken into account here? It just seems that each and everyone of these balance change posts is working off 242 gear to me.

This. A thousand times this. Why nerf when you can tweak? Looking at HPS without taking into account use and durability is not balancing. And I get that some other healers are not viable. That doesn't mean destroy other classes to the lowest common denominator, but actually try for balance! And healing in general being strong and frustrating has much more I think to the WZs with 4+ healers in them. And while people may not be dying on the healer heavy team, they sure aren't killing the other team. I left a 4v4 yesterday where I was the third healer. And have been on teams that had one healer beat the 3 healer team just by playing smart with stuns and splitting. And before you say the reason there are so many healers is because they are so op, I maintain it is because so many dps mains are finally starting to gear up their healer alts.

I heal in pvp and I admit I am only an average sorc healer. I consistently run around 6700-7200k hps when objective downtime doesn't come into play. I often run without a tank and I can be globalled fairly easily if my CC breaks are down by just standing there stunned while focus fire blows me up. And if guarded, pulling my tank from interrupting caps, etc. to just peel and protect me. I admit that sorcs are strong, but if I am facing any kind of talent in a premade or real focus fire I am either blown up or kiting like crazy - usually the former. I am on an -active- server for WZs and find there are plenty of premades running that know what they are doing and can cc and then pump out the dps (ie know how to play their classes well).

I came to SWTOR from WOW where I played a holy priest. I loved the sorc heal style because it felt so familiar to me. Squishy class, good solid versatile kit. However I left WoW when holy priests got nerfed so badly they were never taken on progression raids, or god forbid, pvp. LFG style Raids and pvp teams would rather take unexperienced <any other class but holy priest> than a rank 13 experience priest who also had server firsts in raid progression (so no, not a bad player by any definition).

I'll play. I'll see how this feels but if I find myself no longer viable but for only the most casual content I will be done with this game. I have not minded the command crate grind. Did I like it? No. But I love pvp healing and to me, spending my time in game doing that was the only thing that didn't make it feel like a grind. Too many of my friends have left for other games, so yeah plenty of places to go.

Edited by MidnightsMadness

R E V I V I F I C A T I ON - is already so TERRIBLE, why would you even feel the need to whack any further? It's like not even 7% of my parse, like what are you doing?!

This is the dumbest change i've seen to date, It's like nerfing Gunnery/Arsenal damage while ignoring the main problem their gosh darned surviviability.

It s because you can spam it at a very low cost and get massive hps even although it doesn't heal any real dmg but its very big boost to hps so if you want to hunt massive healing nums you use it a lot, anyway that's my guess I would have preferred much higher cost longer cooldown and some proper heals off it again solves the spamming and gives us a decent aoe heal when we need it

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

So long

They will just lose many subs, then they will buff sorcs again....just like it happened with the Galactic Command and gearing though RNG.

All the nerfs listed at least make a small measure of sense, BESIDES the change to Revivification. That is retarded, it's so bad already! Why are they damaging it further!? It's been nerfed nonstop since they first introduced the damn skill.

Yes, Id agree would agree with that. They hit the right targets more or less, they just hit them too hard.

While I don't think it should be by a large margin, I do feel that Sorcs should be the best healers in the game overall [even if that is only by a 3-5% margin, hell even 2]. It simply makes the most sense considering they lone among healers are drawing on the power of the force for their healing.

I don't agree with the severity if the nerf. Healers are far too important. Bringing the various healing specs within a tighter HPS margin is fine, it's the right thing to do. But too much for one class all at the same time.

I honestly feel that it wasn't so much that they were too strong in healing, I think the problem was [in PVP] that DPS specs themselves have too much healing [i don't include DPS sorcs in that], so coupled with that and the heals from the healers made it so there was too much healing going on. If they lowered DPS spec healing values and left it more in the hands of the healers themselves [ eh la Trinity], I think that would have perhaps been of greater value over all in class balancing.

Too much hybridization, too much multi-role aspects in singular role specs.

Healing in DPS specs. Tank abilities had by DPS specs. Tank specs putting out higher DPS than actual DPS specs, DPS with tank like defensive's, pure DPS classes with heals, healers that can turn invisible, spammable CCs with 100% uptime to control masses of other players without respite, classes than can attack people but the people they attack can't attack back, DCDs that reflect damage while making the user invulnerable and that heal them of someone has the audacity to hit their attacker back, I mean, are we really surprised about imbalances among the classes?

There's not too much healing going on by healers, there's too much healing going on by DPS and Tanks.

This is why I'm so outspoken [perhaps too much so =p ] about the whole pure DPS class thingy should have the highest DPS and why I don't consider Snipers pure DPS.

I can't heal. I can't taunt. I can't guard. I don't have perma-stealth, I can't hurt anyone that I don't flat out hit directly, I can't chuck people, I can't move people, I can't hit people who can't hit me back, I can't teleport, I can't send people over the side of cliffs, I can't pull people into fire/acid pits, I can't stun people repeatedly, and I can't kill anyone without first learning the color of their eyes.

And I'm fine with all that. Because that's how it should be when you're pure DPS, that's the only way to make roles matter and be able to treat all the roles and classes fairly when they are going to be killing each other. It's the only way to effect class balance and not hurt innocent people in the process who don't deserve a change here or a snip there.

Moderation in all things.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

<MEANWHILE AT BIOWARE AUSTIN>

Random Bioware Employee: "SIR, KEITH SIR. WE NEED TO BRING SORCS AND SAGE HEALERS INTO A MORE BALANCED PLACE."

Keith Kanneg: "Ah, well that's easy I have multiple characters and can tell you that roaming mend and innervate are already ridiculous. Nerf those."

Random Bioware Employee: "Of COURSE, RIGHT AWAY! BUT WAIT...WHAT ABOUT REVIVIFICATION?"

Keith Kanneg: "Didn't we nerf that last patch?"

Random Bioware Employee: "Why, yes we did and the one before that."

Keith Kanneg: "Well, just throw a solid 10% onto it, that'll teach it to be a worthwhile skill."

Random Bioware Employee: "YEAH, and that will help the mindless PvPer's complaining about being unable to kill sorcs and sages when they see just random big number nerfs in a yellow list on our forums! They'll just be looking at the numbers! The fools!"

*The two share a gentleman-like bout of laughter at the expense of Sorcs and Sages.*

Random Bioware Employee: "HAH! Revivification! What a joke!"

Keith Kanneg: "Have a promotion! Random guy!"

Random Bioware Employee: "Hey, thanks! You're alright new guy!"

So much this, for reference the source - which apparently neither Bioware nor pvpers bother to check or read - is here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=918622. Bioware is basically nerfing sorc heals to be at best on par with merc heals and worse case to be below merc heals - which means why bring them to either pvp or pve? Merc heals will have better dcds (until the Great DCD Nerf of 2018) and better single target burst while operatives have higher hps and better aoe heals - and, even more importantly, operatives will do this will easy resource management (5.3: Return of the Operatives!). So in pvp people will most likely flop their dps mercs to healing mercs (until said dcd nerfing) or switch to operative heals, which currently have no downside that I can see? And in pve the new meta will be to take a merc healer with an operative healer and skip on the sorc heals. Combined with their poor dps ranking, this will pretty much doom the sorc class except for diehard fans.

Also, I do not understand the concern with sorc healer resource management?? Sorc heals have one of, if not the most active resource management of all classes - if you do not actively use Consuming Darkness you will quickly force starve yourself, either in pvp or pve. Which would be fine, I guess, but exactly how many classes struggle with resource management? I have never, ever seen a dps (or tank) stop attacking me in pvp due to low resources. If 90% of dps and tank classes can do their rotations without even a second thought to resources why then do sorcs have to contend so much with it to the point that it is part of the nerf??

I do not understand these clearly pvp driven nerfs at all - just my useless rant/two cents, as pvpers will be doing the happy dance (until they are swamped with merc heals) and Bioware listens to no one.

I couldn't agree more about the resource management comment here. As well as other comments made by the poster.

I honestly feel that it wasn't so much that they were too strong in healing, I think the problem was [in PVP] that DPS specs themselves have too much healing [i don't include DPS sorcs in that], so coupled with that and the heals from the healers made it so there was too much healing going on. If they lowered DPS spec healing values and left it more in the hands of the healers themselves [ eh la Trinity], I think that would have perhaps been of greater value over all in class balancing.

Too much hybridization, too much multi-role aspects in singular role specs.

Healing in DPS specs. Tank abilities had by DPS specs. Tank specs putting out higher DPS than actual DPS specs, DPS with tank like defensive's, pure DPS classes with heals, healers that can turn invisible, spammable CCs with 100% uptime to control masses of other players without respite, classes than can attack people but the people they attack can't attack back, DCDs that reflect damage while making the user invulnerable and that heal them of someone has the audacity to hit their attacker back, I mean, are we really surprised about imbalances among the classes?

There's not too much healing going on by healers, there's too much healing going on by DPS and Tanks.

So very right!

I'm really no longer have strength for facepalm. All that I understood from all changes - developers have never seen NiM content not as DD, not as Healers and not as Tanks (as i presume we'll see this nerf-nonsense in nearest future).

All this planning for healing and energy management is ******** on serious PVE content. Too much bugs and too much dmg.

Random Bioware Employee: "SIR, KEITH SIR. WE NEED TO BRING SORCS AND SAGE HEALERS INTO A MORE BALANCED PLACE."

Keith Kanneg: "Ah, well that's easy I have multiple characters and can tell you that roaming mend and innervate are already ridiculous. Nerf those."

Random Bioware Employee: "Of COURSE, RIGHT AWAY! BUT WAIT...WHAT ABOUT REVIVIFICATION?"

Keith Kanneg: "Well, just throw a solid 10% onto it, that'll teach it to be a worthwhile skill."

Random Bioware Employee: "YEAH, and that will help the mindless PvPer's complaining about being unable to kill sorcs and sages when they see just random big number nerfs in a yellow list on our forums! They'll just be looking at the numbers! The fools!"

*The two share a gentleman-like bout of laughter at the expense of Sorcs and Sages.*

should of just put mechanic Keith gets offered job by the world bank for fixing 10 super cars has no experience handling a bank much less the expenses it takes to run one thus, why hire him for the position? I guess at this point ....OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

Keith plays a commando healer. 'nuff said.

Lightning Sorc/TK Sage is already the weakest class in terms of single-target DPS and armor. With the announced further nerf to all Socr/Sage healing and force armor, I'm cancelling my subscription. Edited by ViktorAres