Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alliance must disband...Now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Alliance must disband...Now.

NothingNoName
10.25.2019 , 04:46 AM | #31
I want to keep my alliance, thank you very much. And this is coming from someone that didn't particularly like it at first. But, even if I still didn't like it, I definitely wouldn't suggest forcing others from having their alliance. I also love the saboteur story-line. I have a ds sith warrior who, after everything the empire/emperor has put him through, just wants to see its destruction. He'll use the republic to get it there, he don't care. So long as it dies. I've also played him as being kind of fascinated with republic ideology. If I couldn't be a saboteur his character would feel amiss and probably be unplayable. Same for my ls agent considering she was alrdy a double agent for the republic. I would like it if she eventually got to switch sides completely and 'retire' with Theron or something. I suggest giving saboteur a try, instead of just condemning it, particularly with a ds character. It's incredibly entertaining and I honestly feel saboteur had more freedom with their decisions. Its a lot of fun! I have yet to play a republic saboteur so I can't attest to that, but the empire version was awesome.
And, my hope, is that the alliance is a permanent thing for those that want it. It seemed like you were able to make some decisions that benefited your alliance rather than your allied faction. Which was great! Honestly this expansion was short, but I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for the next one. Too bad its not replayable like kotfe and kotet... I'd like to take my sith through again.

Tashia
10.25.2019 , 07:25 AM | #32
Play the newest story content -- you tell me if it will disband soon --
I won't give any spoilers to you -- just play the story
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

Xilizhra
10.27.2019 , 04:02 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
fine, if we are stuck with that USELESS Alliance ******** , can we at least stop being called COMMANDER ?

This isn't Mass effect . We had TITLES. Bring them back . we earned those by BLOOD, by working and being back stabbed .

I find the alliance pretty useless . We are supposed to be a 'Faction'', but really . What do we do ? Run around doing errand for the side we decided to join ? God..it suck .
I recommend that you play through Onslaught to the end.

Tashia
10.27.2019 , 09:51 AM | #34
because you are upset --
here is a little bit of info --

Only loyalists can rejoin their original faction. That said, saboteurs who DON'T sabotage their faction's Corellia mission can choose to stop being saboteurs; if they do, they also get the option to rejoin their original faction.

Did you do that ? If not -- IF you haven't played it yet -- this is a way to get back "to faction" --- good luck
No info on whether or not we will get this chance again -- so take if you want it, while you can
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

lawfig
10.27.2019 , 01:33 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Tashia View Post
the story and the game are not over yet --- we will have to wait and see what happens ( who knows what will happen later on? )
I disagree. My agent hates the Empire and was happy to join the republic. And I just wish she actually could instead of being a double agent.

Zeerastul
10.28.2019 , 05:40 AM | #36
the title commander is appropriate because WE are the commander of the Alliance and I don't find the alliance lame, I like the alliance because we are not part of the Republic/Jedi/Empire/Sith. We are independent from both and answer to no one and are part of a different faction and those of us who likes the alliance should be allowed to continue to stay independent of the Republic/Jedi/Empire/Sith and not join if we don't want to. My mains the ones I focus on more SI/Jedi Knight/Jedi Consular/ Imperial Agent/Sith Warrior they refused to rejoin their respective governments and council and remained Independent and yet help when or if asked. I do not find the alliance useless and I'm probably not the only one to think so

Another reason I like the Alliance is that you can have and use companions that are not of your story ie from the jedi knight, trooper, imp agent, etc. I think it should be that way that we can use and keep all the companions from the different stories