Roleplaying Guide: Being Sith

Nezumi

Greetings everyone. Some of you may know me, some of you don't due to my limited playtime and recent inactivity Sith Side. But I'm Darth Vexos, and since launch I've played a Sith Lord, ultimately leading my own guild The Collective.

Over the past year and a half I've gotten repeated compliments about how well I roleplay a Sith, and how my character maintains an aura of power without steamrolling everyone elses RP.

So I wrote a guide detailing my insight on how to roleplay the perfect Sith. I've used my understanding of the Sith and Star Wars in general to enhance my roleplay and immerse people in the universe, and now hopefully you can too without breaking canon, or character.

The Sith

Understanding what it means to be a Sith

To appropriately get into the mindset of roleplaying a Sith, there are several things you need to consider in both preparation to make the character and in the everyday task of roleplaying the character believably.

You must set aside your morality

When playing a Sith in the era of TOR, you have to consider and come to terms with one key fact: their entire society, down to the foundations of their morality and their beliefs, are hugely different to you and what you were raised with. To expand on this we’ll take the basic concepts of both the Republic and the Empire and try to explain them.

The Republic is the longest standing galactic society since the Rakatan Empire, which existed over 25 thousand years ago. Chief among all their beliefs is that freedom and justice reign supreme; their closest real world mirror would be the United States. Senators from different regions of the Republic’s territories convene in a central place to discuss and pass legislation for the people and for the governments of their represented planets. In place of a President, the Republic has a Supreme Chancellor, which is a super senator that rules over the senate and acts as the mediator for discussions. The Supreme Chancellor must be elected by the senate and his actions are restricted by legislation from the senate. However, in times of war or extreme circumstances, he can be granted authority to override the Senate and pass laws and edicts without the bureaucratic red tape of the Senate (as seen by Palpatine in Attack of the Clones).

It’s because of all these similarities that many people find it easier to play a Republic character, or unintentionally play an Imperial character incorrectly. The archetypal roles within the Republic paint you as a kind-hearted, noble defender of the Republic, who will do whatever it takes to defend it against the Empire and whatever other threats might arise. People often play the strict and disciplined trooper, who either follows the chain of command or follows the stereotype of 80′s action flicks, disobeying direct orders to do what their morality tells them is right. Another role that attracts a lot of people is the Jedi, the unwavering defenders of the Republic. The light side of the Force is on their side, and they are vanguards against evil and darkness. Many people try to play this role, but like the Empire in general, they usually do it incorrectly.

For instance, back in SWG, many people roleplayed Jedi. However, there was a rare 1 in 20 who played them as one would believe, as a noble and light-sided soul. Instead of adhering to what canon established Jedi to be, especially on the Starsider server where I experienced all of my RP, you would often find Jedi who would resort to killing before disarming, offer death threats for harming their loved ones or lovers. They would resort to flatout torture to get the information they wanted. This could be acceptable if they were playing renegade or “grey” Jedi, but the vast majority simply played Jedi without understanding them at all and sat closer to the darkside or even the grey side than they would ever admit.

All of this brings us back to the focus of the topic, if you can believe it.

The Sith Empire

The foundations of the Sith Empire stretch back centuries wrought in traditions such as a caste society and a value of strength over weakness. It was the inevitable meeting of exiled Dark Jedi and the ancient Sith race that brought about one of the most powerful societies and belief systems to enter the galaxy in the history of the Republic.

The Sith are the arch nemesis of the Jedi. Armed with the dark side of the Force, they terrorize the battlefield with frightening displays of strength and brutality many would find morally abhorrent. However, in their eyes, their actions are not depravity but power and might. Their mindset can be put into perspective by analyzing their entire society. If you’ve ever studied sociology, this may be easier for you to grasp.

The Sith, at their core, are morally the Republic’s polar opposite. The weak are subjugated, not protected, and many are enslaved or born into slavery regardless of their origins. On top of that, one single council of twelve and three ministries govern the entirety of their society with no pretense of democracy.

All of these factors are what make Sith the hardest to play in terms of believability and realism. Lots of roleplayers assume they’re doing just fine, when in reality they’re far off the mark of what an ideal canon Sith should be.

To understand what it means to be a Sith or an Imperial, you need to set aside your own morals to examine the mindset of what the Empire is at its core. The Empire has favored the strong over the weak since its very inception. Its society was broken into several incredibly strict castes. It was unheard of for someone to transition from one to the other; a slave was a slave, a priest was a priest, and so on.

When the Sith were defeated in the Great Hyperspace War and the Empire was founded, these strict castes gradually lessened as their society transitioned to the Empire we know today, but the basics of original Sith society were maintained throughout the millenniums. Strength over weakness, victory or death, loyalty to the Empire over oneself, respect of all Sith. In addition, the knowledge that in the Empire, the Sith are always superior to those who can’t use the Force, which many non-Sith Imperial roleplayers toss aside, which in and of itself is immersion breaking. It’s a notion that clashes most obviously with people simply because no one wants to be beneath someone. No one wants to be the person that bows to someone simply because of what they are and not based on some achievement or material thing they can place value to. But regardless of the psychological aspect, it is merely a fact that a Sith in Imperial society will be valued over an Imperial officer, agent, mercenary of civilian every time.

To play a Sith, you need to cast aside any view that the sith are ‘evil’. Evil is a subjective term applied to any person, place or thing that a society views as wrong or morally unjust. In the case of the Republic, they view the Empire as evil. Within the Empire however, their behavior and their very society is normal and accepted. They have their own laws, and their own justice system. They have civilians, they have ordinary soldiers, and they have among their number what are at their core kind-hearted people who fight because they are patriotic and because they love their Empire, not because they value death and destruction. Just because a person is born into an oppressive society does not make them ‘evil’ by default.

Conquest and war are central themes in the Empire, and it is what their entire society is based around. It is required for citizens, when reaching age 18, to enlist and contribute to the Imperial war machine. Children are raised with the values of every Imperial: glory to the Sith, glory to the Empire, fight until the last breath. That doesn’t make them evil, it simply makes them different from citizens of the Republic.

Yet all of this is something that people frequently overlook. People commonly play unrealistic versions of Sith and Imperials. You have Darths and Lords who go to bars to hang around and flirt, joke with lessers, and engage in bar fights, when really they should be doing something--if you’ll excuse the slang--Sithy. The problem is many people don’t know what to do beyond what they’ve already known, i.e. cantina/tavern RP. There is an entire myriad of things to roleplay as a Sith that can be just as fulfilling as that social RP.

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia provides a lot of valuable information about the era, and more importantly, insight into the Sith and the Empire within it. It’s a must have for anyone wishing to perfect their character and give them backstory fluff to make them a more believable character of the era.

The exact mindset behind a Sith is difficult to explain, as it encompases more than just anger, hatred, and power; there is more to their society than the simplest of emotions. On top of this, every Sith has a different personality, even Lords and Darths. Their values, what drives them, and what they swear by is as varied as citizens of the Republic.

As a whole, they value knowledge, power, and history. Some fight to prolong their own life by any means necessary, while others are more than willing to die for the Empire; some selfishly place themselves before the Empire, while others place the Empire before themselves in all matters. Some are fearsome and unstoppable in combat, while others are physically weak yet managed to climb their way to the Dark Council through cunning alone. These differences are no more evident than in TOR’s Sith class stories. Darth Jadus favors the non-Force sensitives in Imperial Intelligence, Darth Baras employs a vast spy network of his own that are comprised of Sith and non-Sith alike, Darth Malgus believes that aliens are as valuable to the Empire as the pureblooded Sith of old, and so on.

The point is, you can still make a very individual character and have them be a believable Sith by canon standards, so long as you adhere to the basic framework of what it means to be a Sith in this era.

Additional Tips

A Sith is not a cantina fly.

There are Sith who enjoy a good cantina, and there are even high-class, snooty parties that some Sith attend (such as in the Inquisitor storyline). But these facts by no means indicate that Sith spend the majority of their time, or even hours of their time, in Cantinas chatting it up with mercenaries, bounty hunters, and the average space-Joe. Sith have ambition, goals, and duties they must maintain, not to mention a political image to portray to other Sith to keep themselves from seeming an easy target.

You can easily work these facets into your character. What does your Sith do for the Empire besides expanding their own power base and advancing their own goals? Are they a researcher who searches for artifacts? Is their passion war and they train other Sith, or do they do something else entirely? The easiest way to make your character believable is to just sit back and ask what your character is at its core and simply work from there.

Establish what Pyramid of Influence your character belongs to.

In the entire Empire there are twelve Pyramids, or Spheres, of Influence that all Sith belong to from the time they leave the academy to the day they die. This isn’t something a Sith is assigned to like a homeroom in school; what Pyramid you represent is dictated by what Pyramid your master is in. All of these Pyramids have tiers. At the top of this Pyramid is a Dark Council member. Below him is another Darth (or several Darths), each responsible for others beneath them, much as how Darth Zash answers to Darth Thanaton in the Inquisitor storyline. This Darth oversees the activities and actions of other Darths within the pyramid and so on and so forth.

Even Darths can still have a master.

Congratulations, you’re a Darth and at the proverbial top of the food chain. But not really. You’ve been made a Darth but that doesn’t mean you don’t answer to a superior. As expressed in the point above, every Darth still answers to someone, even if it’s the Dark Council member in charge of your Pyramid of Influence themselves. A Darth has ascended to their rank through their own merits or political influence. Even when the title of Lord is bestowed upon you by your master, you would continue to serve them, just as your master would serve their own master or superior all the way up to the Dark Council. There are situations where you advance by killing your master, which is still common place, albeit publicly frowned upon. Advancing beyond Lord requires either your direct superior’s death, or an act impressive enough that you’re granted it for your competence and achievement.

Conclusion

There's no denying that in a galaxy as expansive as this one, there's not a standard mold you'll find a Sith or any character in. Generally, people fall into certain archetypes, or even stereotypes based upon what their chosen character is. For instance, a standard archetype of a Republic Trooper is a stalwart defender of the Republic; s/he follows protocol to the T, is a loyal soldier, and would do anything for the Republic. You're probably thinking of someone now who sounds just like that. But that's where we as creative writers and RPers take the concept and mold it into something unique and personalized. You have the above trooper, but your trooper has dark secrets, questionable morales, even some form of PTSD from past deeds. Something to make them unique and personal to you.

The same applies to Sith. Though the above tips are aimed at helping you develop a believable character, you are at liberty from there to develop whatever personality pops into your head. Sith can be cruel. Sith can be forgiving. Some Sith will act based upon emotion while others prefer to use logic and sound judgement outside of battle, and only let their passions fuel their rage on the battlefield.

Long winded, yes--but true.

TLDR: I try with these posts to educate the inexperienced and provide substance where all you have is the outline. Here we've tried to understand and explain just what a Sith IS, and hopefully the result is that you can then take these tips and apply them to your own Sith character--to not only improve your believability as a character immersed in this world, but to improve the experience of everyone else around you and aid to their immersion on top of your own.

In closing, you of course don’t have to follow any of these tips if you don't want to. Everyone has a different idea of what a Sith is or what a Sith is capable of, and they in turn apply that to their roleplay. Some people think Sith are just people who have fun by running around licking people, jumping on each other’s backs and generally acting like children. Others believe Sith are a serious and vindictive people who fight, or die fighting (including each other). And, of course, there are shades of grey in between both extremes.

Whatever your view happens to be, I hope you've enjoyed reading, and I hope your experience is a little richer now because of it.

Thanks for reading,

Vexos

Some people think Sith are just people who have fun by running around licking people, jumping on each other’s backs and generally acting like children.

XD

You've been watching Kyinaye running around causing trouble haven't you?

I applaud this effort to educate the masses. Very well written and definitely worth the read. The fact we have to write in a TL;DR is a very sad affair because this topic doesn't deserve such a section and people should actually read the whole thing. It makes me look back on my character and consider the personalities of those I've run across.

Honestly no one can create a perfect canon Sith except the original creator Lucas himself because he wrote the book on it. But what I see here would allow a very believable Sith when used as a whole by identifying sections people tend to miss. Kudos to you and your research.

Public orgies and all.

never thought about that bit, more along lines of families personal pwerbases. Military commander not apointed on skill or merit but on political level. A centralised power base of roman emporer, and the senate who deal with dailiy buisness of running the empire (the dark council). Romans where also elistist, you had to earn citizenship if you where not born roman. Also had slaves to do meanial work, but did not see what wrong with that. As well as roman military might, they where good engineers and highly productive. This bit is also like the sith as they had only small base to start with, after hyperspace war yet manged to rebuild into superpower.

never thought about that bit, more along lines of families personal pwerbases. Military commander not apointed on skill or merit but on political level. A centralised power base of roman emporer, and the senate who deal with dailiy buisness of running the empire (the dark council). Romans where also elistist, you had to earn citizenship if you where not born roman. Also had slaves to do meanial work, but did not see what wrong with that. As well as roman military might, they where good engineers and highly productive. This bit is also like the sith as they had only small base to start with, after hyperspace war yet manged to rebuild into superpower.

I know, but I was just remarking on the Sith who think they are good RPers by having orgies in the Nexus Room. That place is turning into Moonguard Goldshire.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly no one can create a perfect canon Sith except the original creator Lucas himself because he wrote the book on it. .

If that's true then no one can, because he sucks at it, big time.

Edited by PLynkes

If that's true then no one can, because he sucks at it, big time.

And yet everyone is expected to follow the rules laid out by his original work yes? Then the fact he sucks is your personal opinion. However he still wrote the guidelines you're expected to adhere to.

And yet everyone is expected to follow the rules laid out by his original work yes? Then the fact he sucks is your personal opinion. However he still wrote the guidelines you're expected to adhere to.

Bad move dude. If there's one thing an RPer can't stand is being told how to RP. Especially when it comes to the creator of the mythos they are RPing.

Bad move dude. If there's one thing an RPer can't stand is being told how to RP. Especially when it comes to the creator of the mythos they are RPing.

Still does not dispute the point that the original creator knows best about their creation. This can apply to individual characters, to the universe and mythos within.

Of course if RP'ers can't stand to be told how to RP, then why do we write guides like this one which do exactly that?

Love him or hate him. Everything here is built around the vision one man had. His ideas were the foundation everything else was build upon. To dispute that is to remove that foundation. Without the foundation, the structure collasped.

Perhaps that answers the question of why we write guides like this. Because there are people who don't have an idea of what the foundation actually IS. They play the way they want to play and get rejected because their foundation isn't the same as the foundation set down by the man who created the mythos and wind up rejected, ostracized, and eventually devolve into trolls in order to take revenge. If they can't have it their way, then nobody can have fun.

Saying that RP'ers don't want to be told how to play is a double edged sword. Because it discourages the creation and viewing of guides like this in order to be a point of reference to understand the foundation of the mythos and allow for a more accepted style of play. In return this leads to fewer problems.

Still does not dispute the point that the original creator knows best about their creation. This can apply to individual characters, to the universe and mythos within.

Of course if RP'ers can't stand to be told how to RP, then why do we write guides like this one which do exactly that?

Love him or hate him. Everything here is built around the vision one man had. His ideas were the foundation everything else was build upon. To dispute that is to remove that foundation. Without the foundation, the structure collasped.

Perhaps that answers the question of why we write guides like this. Because there are people who don't have an idea of what the foundation actually IS. They play the way they want to play and get rejected because their foundation isn't the same as the foundation set down by the man who created the mythos and wind up rejected, ostracized, and eventually devolve into trolls in order to take revenge. If they can't have it their way, then nobody can have fun.

Saying that RP'ers don't want to be told how to play is a double edged sword. Because it discourages the creation and viewing of guides like this in order to be a point of reference to understand the foundation of the mythos and allow for a more accepted style of play. In return this leads to fewer problems.

Someone on a forum with common sense, logic and basic reasoning! Kill it with fire!

-Yes I'm kidding-

Edited by TriggerBlade
typos

• 4 weeks later...

Good post. The RP forum seems sadly slow around here. And, judging from the in-game stuff I've seen, could really do with some more traffic. Like you say, Sith hanging out in the Kaas cantina en masse, nearly god-mode level stuff on Korriban, etc.

It's just as bad, if not worse, on the Republic side; Jedi Templer RP where there were Jedi 'masters' getting furiosu with people, shouting, and 'force-shift'ing right through people like ghosts (I've heard that was actually an ability in canon. Still, the rest of the stuff? Ugh)

Certain points make sense. My Agent, for instance, if I ever get around to RPing him is a typical Imperial; he defers to those above him, gets on with his job quickly, efficiently and with the minimal amount of faff. He also has a totally sweet moustache =P

Same with my Guardian; I try and keep him as faithful to a proper Jedi as possible. Thankfully we have some good case-studies from the likes of Qui-Gon, who was an interesting character while sticking (as much as possible) to the Code.

My Sith, I'm less sure about. My Inquisitor (Rattataki) can come across as a almost nice person. She has a quirky sense of humour, sure, but she finds lots of things interesting and will generally listen to most people, if for nothing more than curiosity/nosiness sake. She also has a rather unhealthy fascination with force lightning and how much it can be applied to living things, heh. Not to mention not a single qualm about slaughtering anyone who gets in her way. Being a former slave her relationship with authority is....rocky. That may or may not be a problem.

My Warrior (Cathar) is different again. Being Cathar he's much more about honour in combat. He dislikes fighting those weaker than him, and isn't too fond of bullying and threats...at least not threats he doesn't intend to see-through pretty promptly. I've actually ended up making a fairly 50/50 light/dark choice with him. That doesn't mean he's a pushover, though, as anyone getting up in his face or actively challenging him will find. I need to refine him a little more, but he's been fun so far.

My Vanguard and Commando are polar opposites. My Vanguard is...well...she's basically Commander Shepard, heh (that VOICE. HNG <3 ) Not too shiny, not too dirty, she gets the job done, kicks ***, takes names and saves lives. She's in it for the Republic and all that.

My Commando is....well. Anyone remember the Commando from Command and Conquer? Obnoxious, in it for himself, yet painfully good at killing stuff? Yeah, that was the model for this guy. He *can* patch you up, but only so long as it serves him. Maybe he was in it for the Republic once, but that was a while ago and many scars later. Credits and self-interest are the primary motivators here. The only reason he's half working for the Republic at all is because he simply hates the Sith Empire more. He's useful, but it depends on your personality whether he's tolerable to be around, heh.

So, yeah. Sorry for wall of text >_> Just putting my own thoughts on what can and can't work...I think? Goddamn, I go on too much!

• 4 weeks later...

The pronlem with being a cantina fly is not necessairy that its not RP.

The fact of matter is: Even RP servers are just like regular PVE servers. Same storys etc, same boring leveling. Same gear, same skills, same everything.

You compare SWG to SWTOR, btu let me notice you:

Over there, you didnt had silly "Must buy cartel to get unique dye's" to look good.

You had stuff like Tayloring, which if a master, where hugely differences in colours and such.

SWTOR just does not offer any RP for me in the sence that it is still flagged as PVP etc.

Real RP isnt just Empire vs Replu. Real RP means that you interact with other players.

Best places on SWG that would be cantinas and such. However, the amount of content (Which bioware should of learned from), was huge.

The pronlem with being a cantina fly is not necessairy that its not RP.

The fact of matter is: Even RP servers are just like regular PVE servers. Same storys etc, same boring leveling. Same gear, same skills, same everything.

You compare SWG to SWTOR, btu let me notice you:

Over there, you didnt had silly "Must buy cartel to get unique dye's" to look good.

You had stuff like Tayloring, which if a master, where hugely differences in colours and such.

SWTOR just does not offer any RP for me in the sence that it is still flagged as PVP etc.

Real RP isnt just Empire vs Replu. Real RP means that you interact with other players.

Best places on SWG that would be cantinas and such. However, the amount of content (Which bioware should of learned from), was huge.

Counterpoint: Absolutely nothing you have said relates in any possible way to ether my quoited post nor the topic itself. The topic is a how-to on Roleplaying Sith. The post of mine you quoted is in response to someone talking about how George Lucas didn't know how to write Sith despite being the man who brought us Darth Vader.

Your post is a collection of ramblings that at best, translates into RP fashion and style and a comparison of SWG to SWTOR. NONE OF WHICH was mentioned until you brought it up. Not to mention you end it with your definition of "Real RP".

My challenge to you: Respond with an actual response regarding Role Playing a believable Sith and do not get side tracked by having an authentic look or making comparisons to other games set in eras that really had little to no Jedi/Sith presence at all.

Counterpoint: Absolutely nothing you have said relates in any possible way to ether my quoited post nor the topic itself. The topic is a how-to on Roleplaying Sith. The post of mine you quoted is in response to someone talking about how George Lucas didn't know how to write Sith despite being the man who brought us Darth Vader.

Your post is a collection of ramblings that at best, translates into RP fashion and style and a comparison of SWG to SWTOR. NONE OF WHICH was mentioned until you brought it up. Not to mention you end it with your definition of "Real RP".

My challenge to you: Respond with an actual response regarding Role Playing a believable Sith and do not get side tracked by having an authentic look or making comparisons to other games set in eras that really had little to no Jedi/Sith presence at all.

So what if I miss quoted you? I roleplayed for 14 years now. I know what true roleplay is, and that isnt part of role playing games. Roleplaying is an art. Not some 'Hi, I am just passing by in dune sea as an sith' or what ever. You need an roleplaying partner. Cantina fly exists because it can be used to start an RP.

Thats RP for you. I am not comparing anything ot other games, I said SWG had cantina flys because of this. Which was strongly supported by the amount of skills a character could create, thus leading to many many unique and non RL costing money or insane amount of credits. You could actually RP about anything. Even if you had unlocked jedi pre CU. It would only be fired on you if people actually saw you doing stuff.

Real RP means actual interaction too. Not some "HEY I GOTTA KILL XX MOB OF THESE".

Where's the neutrlaitiy on RP servers in SWTOR? THere is none. Why are there RP -PVP servers? So people can just type in warzone, being jedi or sith ro whatever role your doing? I mean, Come on. Get real. This topic doesnt add to the art of roleplaying.

Your all expected to go and 'RP with questing. Leveling and ****.'. Thats not roleplaying, no matter how you defien your so called definition of RPing a sith.

A Sith is not a cantina fly.

There are Sith who enjoy a good cantina, and there are even high-class, snooty parties that some Sith attend (such as in the Inquisitor storyline). But these facts by no means indicate that Sith spend the majority of their time, or even hours of their time, in Cantinas chatting it up with mercenaries, bounty hunters, and the average space-Joe. Sith have ambition, goals, and duties they must maintain, not to mention a political image to portray to other Sith to keep themselves from seeming an easy target.

Once again - Where is the neutrality so that NPC's dont attack? No RP there.

How can empire chars sit in a cantina maybe udner cover of a replu city or planet?

Same goes for reverse. Please?

Dont get me wrong, but the SWTOR does not qualify at all to what SWG had to offer. You dont get my point because you probally did not even play SWG.

RP requires partners.

SWTOR RP servers are just PVE/PVP servers with 'RP" in name.

Complete and utter challenge fail.

Yes, I played SWG. Don't assume.

I don't give a **** how long you Roleplayed. That accounts for nothing. You can roleplay for 20 years and STILL get it wrong. You can just roleplay for the first time RIGHT THIS SECOND and get it right first time go. I've seen THAT done.

You are still comparing game mechanics. The point of this topic is to introduce people to the lore of being Sith. NOT compare SWG to SWTOR and point out game mechanics. Which you have done THRICE.

I don't even know what the hell to make of you ripping out a chunk of Sith getting out of the cantina and not hanging around them 24/7 to do nothing but Cantina RP. Have you even made an attempt to get out of the cantina yourself and go looking for RP OUTSIDE the cantina? Maybe go find Sith out conquering the galaxy? Sith overseeing ruin excavation for relics? Sith sitting in a desk somewhere filling out and signing paperwork that allows their business/personal forces/undercover agents/ect. to function without collapsing? THAT is the point of Sith "Not being Cantina Barflies".

They have an Empire to run. Said Empire will collapse if it isn't maintained. Said maintenance will not happen if all Sith do is stand around in the cantina drinking until they pass out.

And you had best give a **** when you go quoiting someone. If someone quotes me that's a sign they plan to respond to what I wrote. Not write some half baked half post that doesn't even address the original topic. You can be damn sure I'M going to care if you quote me because I sure as hell will respond to the content in the post that quoted me.

That said you have lost all creditability.

GOOD. DAY SIR. /hat

So....hang on, are you saying that if you RP while doing missions and stuff that's not just sat in a Cantina you're...'doing it wrong'?

Might want to rephrase that, before some of us call utter Bantha turd...

This. I run RP aboard my ship with my guildmates. We form an ops group and pretend we are a strike force, expeditionary force, undercover spymasters, or some such. Part of the RP is sitting in a bar, acting like normal, albeit undercover adventurers.

Also, a bit off topic, but, as my BH or Smuggler, I do merc jobs for other players who have the creds.... gets me to 2 or 3m in four or five hours.

Therefore, I call "utter Bantha turd" :cool:

Have you even made an attempt to get out of the cantina yourself and go looking for RP OUTSIDE the cantina? Maybe go find Sith out conquering the galaxy? Sith overseeing ruin excavation for relics? Sith sitting in a desk somewhere filling out and signing paperwork that allows their business/personal forces/undercover agents/ect. to function without collapsing? THAT is the point of Sith "Not being Cantina Barflies".

This reminds me of something that made me stop and watch in Kaas City fairly recently, actually. It was in the little square where you get the mission to defuse the bombs around the place, and two Sith were stood in the middle with sabres drawn. I figured it was just another typical, badly done RP fight, so went about nabbing the bombs to get that cleared.

As I went around, though, I heard the actual local text of that encounter. And I actually went back and watched to the conclusion because, get this; it was actually *good*. Seemed to be a Master/Apprentice thing where the Apprentice had wanted to prove herself. Sith being Sith, she ended up limping off with a sprained leg. But it was *very* well done. No godmodding, not 'bru-ha-ha' cliche stuff. Just quality RP which was IC for Sith.

If only HALF the RP on TOR was as good as those two. Then I wouldn't have to despair wandering the Jedi Temple and reading badly spelled idle chatter from supposed Jedi talking about relationships and the like, along with 'Masters' having rage filled arguments with each other. Some people just don't GET it -_-