Explain how I’m getting double premades vs pugs teams

Totemdancer

"Working as intended"

You know what the people here tell you? Its an MMO, find friends and que group, bad cuz mad, etc

This will be a eternal issue unless they do something about premades vs solo players.

But how is it even possible? Match making is supposed to put one on either team and even if it messes up once, it shouldn’t do that five matches in a row.

Just about everyone I was playing with stopped queuing and the pops stopped. So if those premades thought they were having fun stomping pugs, then they are the ones that lose out too because they can’t play if no one queues.

Really stupid.

But how is it even possible? Match making is supposed to put one on either team and even if it messes up once, it shouldn’t do that five matches in a row.

Just about everyone I was playing with stopped queuing and the pops stopped. So if those premades thought they were having fun stomping pugs, then they are the ones that lose out too because they can’t play if no one queues.

Really stupid.

I stopped playing regs a very long time ago just because of this, but regarding the matchmaking, well in ranked it also changed to grouping up classes or rdps vs mdps so there must be something faulty in the setting, but if Eric or Devs do not comment on it we will never know.

It depends on the "content" of the premade if one was 1h 1t 2d and the other was 4d then they can be matched with your group or random dps with 1h 1t so....

At this point you have ask yourself: is the ratio of Fun vs. Frustration still worth your time and money?

For me the end has finally come, and I stopped my subscription last week and I haven't logged in since. Quite liberating, and I find that I miss it less than I would have thought. For me to return, they would need to re-balance the classes, bring back PvP gear and make ranked a much better experience. None of that is likely to happen, so this is probably the last post from me :)

At this point you have ask yourself: is the ratio of Fun vs. Frustration still worth your time and money?

For me the end has finally come, and I stopped my subscription last week and I haven't logged in since. Quite liberating, and I find that I miss it less than I would have thought. For me to return, they would need to re-balance the classes, bring back PvP gear and make ranked a much better experience. None of that is likely to happen, so this is probably the last post from me :)

Sorry to see you leave after so many years.

this isnt unusual, basically they form an 8man op group/2 group crossfaction (I guess now?) and queue exactly together, hope for same team, if they dont get it they drop warzone and retry. this was common practice back in 3.0

This tactic no longer works. They would have to play games with the "rating" system. I used to manage 2 4man teams via an ops group (for whatever record, we took all pops we got, if anyone quit it was not because we were in different matches). After the changes I could not organize the second team, if we have more than 4, i need a second team lead.

I assune the new matchmaking is overtly simple in function: consider first role of each player in the queue, assigning healers and tanks as evenly as possible (and considering their "ranking"). Then consider the "rating" of each player; as musco told us, each member of the 4 man premade has the same rating as the highest player in the premade. So its safe to assume (hopefully) that someone on a 4 man premade has a high win ratio, thus the premade gets matchedbwith the biggest dumpster fires in the queue in order to create any "average".

considering there isnt even a tangable sight of your reg elo, I consider it a plesubo effect and thats all. until they show it, prove that its not made up to pacify the masses I wont be using it as a point in discussion.

There is obviously something going on, as I see the same 16 people queuing and the solo queuers are always distributed the same way between the two teams. If it was random, you would think their position on the teams would swap around.

This could also explain the OPs issue with double premades, speaking hypothetically, if i was trying to game the system (which I haven't, btw), i would have the second group come in on a bunch of brand new 70s or lesser used toons (i.e. run my guild joke slinger), which would potentially drop the second group to a level such that they could get matched with the theoretically higher "ranked" group.

I can say for sure they changed something, because when i have 5 on (1 queuing solo) given population, i should see him on my team at some point were it totally random. I never do - they are always in a different match or against us (because, again, I am explicitly not gaming the system. The queue falls where it will).

I used to be a non-stop pvper, but yes, I fell into the same decision: the Fun to Frustration ratio was leaning more towards frustration in regs then fun (mostly due to hitting a wall against premades match after match). So like many I reduced my time in regs by alot, I barely even finish the weekly on any of my toons anymore, and since then have switched my focus to being in a raid team and doing HM / NiM content and since have had way more fun. PvP is simply not fun anymore in this game in large doses, it used to be, but not anymore since 5.0. It's fun when sprinkled in, and even then once I hit that first premade, I'm out.

In 4.0 era I used to binge pvp, it was great, played multiple classes, could solo que all night even in lowbies ques popped all day and into the night, matches felt closer and you didn't have to kill mercs 3 times over just to get anywhere.

Basically, many ranked premades only ever death match. They dont care if they win

Swtor doesnt seem to match based on # of kills, they match based on # of wins or something.

So swtor assumes 'these premades are terrible' and groups them together. Meanwhile they go on to farm 99% of the other teams they double premade against even though their win ratio sucks, they kill everyone. :p

Edited by RACATW

this isnt unusual, basically they form an 8man op group/2 group crossfaction (I guess now?) and queue exactly together, hope for same team, if they dont get it they drop warzone and retry. this was common practice back in 3.0

Yeah, I know how it used to be done. But with cross faction and match making, it should be impossible

Edited by Totemdancer

Yeah yeah yeah. You're really going to make me start a log of pvp matches for a video game? No thanks. Take my anecdote or leave it.

PS - I got ZERO Vandin pops last night.

I got 4 in a row. 2 of them with just me and 2 of them with someone I found from the first two vandins who was playing well. I sent him a message, and he agreed to group with me. I didn't even mention discord and we queued 4-5 more times but the first two pops were Vandin. We won all 4 due to our cooperation and play skill.

So then we had a premade OH NO THE DEBIL HAS ARRIVED. Played a couple more games and I had to log off and get ready for work.

I typically don't even stay in Vandins but the first one I was in by myself put me in it twice more after I left it so I decided to just play it. The second one I noticed that the guy who helped me win the first one was on my team again, so I stayed again. Then I groupd with him and we got another and laughed, then got another and I said thats all the Vandin I can handle for a single day. The 2-3 matches we played after were an arena other normal maps.