Assassin Deception Low Slash

ecstazypop

Hello Everyone.

I been an average level pvp player and bit toxic sometimes to this balance of pvp, sorry for that.

I been dueling for fun and lost many duels as sorcerer madness by doing tryhard moves, utilities, play styles etc.

Devs stated that Assassin Deception is balanced in most points. Though many average users of deception are hard to kill if they play well, the great users of deception, are close to immortal due to that Low Slash bug along with rest abilities.

What is this bug? It is a mere recovery time after damage was taken by the target. For example, if u are target of the Dec user you will get CCed first by Low Slash ability, then take 1st gcd of damage ( ex Maul, Surging charge etc) then due to that 1 second recovery from low slash you will take 2nd gcd damage. This ability does not activate any stun reduction and that translates in free 2 gcd damage taken, instead of 1 gcd as intended.

With all his tools this bug is deadly in a duel.

My question and objection is:

Did anyone notice the low slash bug or people using its exploit? Is this normal?

Edited by ecstazypop

Soooooo not cool.

What can ya do, Some devs ain't big on fair.

Just look at Ranked, Mercs, Snipers, skank tanks, Small Guilds, gearing crap, Cross-faction that did absolutely nothing but piss me off , Kenda's Guild getting ham-stringed all the time, and for allowing Satele Shan server not have to be called Hot Pocket which would have been so friggen cool for mockery purposes.

Some shizzle ya just gotta leave to Karma to sort out.

I don't think it's huge, deception is probably mid range in opness when compared to the other classes. They perform poorly in solo ranked, and just as poorly in granked. Some have got it to work in granked to a certain extent, but it is definately not S tier.

I don't think it's huge, deception is probably mid range in opness when compared to the other classes. They perform poorly in solo ranked, and just as poorly in granked. Some have got it to work in granked to a certain extent, but it is definately not S tier.

But what about in a duel ? Not talking about how they perform in other spots than duel. I was talking about duel, seem tier 1 in dueling along with operative where operative is no1 in this spot.

Edited by ecstazypop

It's intended or it's not. Can't really judge stuff by any other standard.

But what about in a duel ? Not talking about how they perform in other spots than duel. I was talking about duel, seem tier 1 in dueling along with operative where operative is no1 in this spot.

I’ve been playing my Deception Sin again after 2 years and I didn’t even know about this bug. If it’s happening when I’m playing, then it’s not on purpose.

What exactly happens besides the the 2 GCDs (one being a freebie?).

Edited by Totemdancer

I’ve been playing my Deception Sin again after 2 years and I didn’t even know about this bug. If it’s happening when I’m playing, then it’s not on purpose.

What exactly happens besides the the 2 GCDs (one being a freebie?).

It's not so important, but with the suppression they put one someone, and for a class where they hit and run they do stunlock and run, but the stunlock is more heavy and to first part of stunlock (lowslash) there is no damage reduction to it because it acts like a cc. This bug is literally most useful tool they have to be overpowered in a duel. It's only 1 more gcd of a burst class that kills u A good sin player with this exploit kills a good merc, sorc madness, and any other class with 1 more gcd to do freecast dps

Edited by ecstazypop

classes are not balanced for 1vs1 in swtor.

sins dcd's for example are pretty useless against sniper & mercs.

Edited by ultimarb

to be fair there are other examples, like the way using stun break on force push does nothing, you still have a 2 sec getting up animation

there are many things in this game that are just a "little" wonky, and if they got around to the more major ones, this is one I wouldnt care if it died with the game.

like desync. or root ravage teleporting a rolling sniper back into place.

Edited by Seterade

Its is most certainly an issue but i dont think it makes a difference really. The deception sins who shred you in a duel will not suddenly start losing to you if they have 1 gcd of stun stime less... theres so much more related to a duel and this is only a mknor issue...

Also deception is for sure not op... its absolutely fine as it is imho... Quite average spec