Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Decrease Vandin pop rate, and bring back stun breaker

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Decrease Vandin pop rate, and bring back stun breaker

_Miriya_
11.11.2018 , 10:38 PM | #1
Please, the Vandin new map is popping TOO much, and I even like Huttball, but this has become silly.

Not only having 4 of those in a row is really boring and exhausting, but also the other 2 huttball maps barely pop...

And when are we gonna fix the deny of stun breaker (bug?) ability while carrying the ball? Please, doesn't help to the idea of having people wanting to run the ball at all. The map is already very clumsy, big and slow, no need for that too.

Raansu
11.12.2018 , 01:36 PM | #2
I love huttball, I hate vandin.....which could be a great map if they just backed off on the amount of traps in the damn map and for how damn long they last.

The cc breaker being locked out when carrying the ball has been confirmed a bug.

RACATW
11.12.2018 , 02:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I love huttball, I hate vandin.....which could be a great map if they just backed off on the amount of traps in the damn map and for how damn long they last.

The cc breaker being locked out when carrying the ball has been confirmed a bug.
A bug they're going to leave in probably -- just like the leaping bug on huttball maps.

Raansu
11.12.2018 , 02:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
A bug they're going to leave in probably -- just like the leaping bug on huttball maps.
Pretty sure the leaping into the endzone thing was intentional.

CC break bug according to Eric on twitter is planned to be fixed in 5.10.

RACATW
11.12.2018 , 02:21 PM | #5
Pretty sure the leaping into the endzone thing was intentional.

CC break bug according to Eric on twitter is planned to be fixed in 5.10.
snave posted (months ago) that eric said the leaping was a bug and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

DenariusJay
11.12.2018 , 02:31 PM | #6
I would say 80% of my matches last night was Vandin. It was definitely annoying me.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Billie Eilish/Jessica Alba/Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Colin Kaepernick

KevinQCowart
11.13.2018 , 03:00 AM | #7
Just came back to SWTOR yesterday. Vandin is ok but there are some serious flaws.

The huttball explosion timer should be doubled or just removed. I was utterly confused as to why I randomly died 5meters from a score. These unexplained "features" baffle me.

Also yes there are to many traps and there duration is to long. And the stun trap is just dumb, I would actually rather it kill then just have to sit there and do nothing for 5 secs, not fun.

Change all the traps to posion(to match the RP) and remove huttball explosion and I would actually love the map.

Raansu
11.13.2018 , 07:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KevinQCowart View Post
Just came back to SWTOR yesterday. Vandin is ok but there are some serious flaws.

The huttball explosion timer should be doubled or just removed. I was utterly confused as to why I randomly died 5meters from a score. These unexplained "features" baffle me.

Also yes there are to many traps and there duration is to long. And the stun trap is just dumb, I would actually rather it kill then just have to sit there and do nothing for 5 secs, not fun.

Change all the traps to posion(to match the RP) and remove huttball explosion and I would actually love the map.
Huttball explosion timer is exactly where it should be. Gone are the days of a tank with guard being healed slowly walking his unkillable way to the endzone. You have to actually pay attention and pass the damn thing.

KendraP
11.13.2018 , 10:24 AM | #9
Huttball explosion timer is exactly where it should be. Gone are the days of a tank with guard being healed slowly walking his unkillable way to the endzone. You have to actually pay attention and pass the damn thing.
I think it could be a little longer for alow mobility classes and to account for the stunbreaker "bug".

Huttball in general is full of matches with maybe 4/16 people playing objectives while the rest are running around the opposite end of the map from the ball carrier "number farming"

Neulwen
11.13.2018 , 12:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I think it could be a little longer for alow mobility classes and to account for the stunbreaker "bug".
I see no reason for this, especially if the cc break bug will be fixed next patch. Shortening the huttball carry timer and making it a visibly timed buff was a good change they did. If anything, it could be even shorter, definitely not longer. It could stimulate more ppl to actually play objectives.