Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Huttball ( Vandin ) PVP map - feedback...?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball ( Vandin ) PVP map - feedback...?

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
10.03.2018 , 01:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I am curious what exactly is "desync" because I honestly do not see any unplayable moments in huttball, any of them. The only thing I have seen is ops roll bugging out sometimes, and I have seen leaps do some funky things but it's not something that renders the match unplayable.
I have seen what I assume people are talking about. It doesn't make the whole match unplayable, but when an operative hits roll, or a mara hits leap, or a sin uses phantom stride, etc. any of those really-really-fast movement abilities, then my client (I guess) will lose track of where they are. They can disappear completely for few seconds, or show up in the pit when they are actually on the top ramp, or the other way around. And I can't target them at all. The next time they show up as solid and targettable they are already 40 more meters away from where it looked like they last were, and it's too late to stop them.

I find it pretty common now too. It's tough to make the clutch play when that happens. On the other hand, you can play around it by not letting them get the ball to begin with.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

snave's Avatar


snave
10.03.2018 , 01:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I have seen what I assume people are talking about. It doesn't make the whole match unplayable, but when an operative hits roll, or a mara hits leap, or a sin uses phantom stride, etc. any of those really-really-fast movement abilities, then my client (I guess) will lose track of where they are. They can disappear completely for few seconds, or show up in the pit when they are actually on the top ramp, or the other way around. And I can't target them at all. The next time they show up as solid and targettable they are already 40 more meters away from where it looked like they last were, and it's too late to stop them.

I find it pretty common now too. It's tough to make the clutch play when that happens. On the other hand, you can play around it by not letting them get the ball to begin with.
This isn't quite true on the new map. Previously desync was mainly caused from movement abilities causing the client to poop the bed, today I had a jugg walk with the ball to the first ramp this disappear only to reappear over the trap and next to the stun trap. That's a good 6+s of him being invisible for no reason.

I had multiple examples of players just being invisible while hitting me for 5+s. A jugg choked me, was hitting me, but didn't appear on my screen for a good few seconds after the choke. No leap, just walked up and disappeared.

Desync keeps getting worse and worse, we still have no official response other than "our engineers are constantly looking into yadda yadda".

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
10.03.2018 , 02:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
This isn't quite true on the new map.<snip>.
Oh. Well, yeah, that's a lot worse than what I've noticed. I thought just the movement ability ones were bad enough. Not completely unplayable, but could certainly cost you the match (well, ok, probably some people consider that unplayable - I guess I'll give that one to them ). But what you said, ugh. Er... maybe they were trying to fix the desync and broke the CC breaker thing!?

Speaking of which, seriously, has anyone tried reporting the "CC breaker disabled when you have the ball" thing as a bug? Maybe it's actually a bug, and not on purpose?

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
10.03.2018 , 02:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
This isn't quite true on the new map. Previously desync was mainly caused from movement abilities causing the client to poop the bed, today I had a jugg walk with the ball to the first ramp this disappear only to reappear over the trap and next to the stun trap. That's a good 6+s of him being invisible for no reason.

I had multiple examples of players just being invisible while hitting me for 5+s. A jugg choked me, was hitting me, but didn't appear on my screen for a good few seconds after the choke. No leap, just walked up and disappeared.

Desync keeps getting worse and worse, we still have no official response other than "our engineers are constantly looking into yadda yadda".
What is desync though, technically?
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
10.03.2018 , 02:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Oh. Well, yeah, that's a lot worse than what I've noticed. I thought just the movement ability ones were bad enough.
This has been my experience with huttball, mainly when changing levels whether it is leaping to or from, or using some sort of movement enhancing ability like roll... These seem to glitch. Because of so many different platforms at different heights it seems these issues are exasperated in huttball.

I don't have random people phase out/disappear though unless I have some serious lag going on.

I don't play ops, sins, or leap classes much now so only witness the glitches when these classes do roll, portals, leaps.

I don't find these issues to make the game unplayable though, more of an annoyance. Maybe if i was rolling all the time and leaping/holotraversing then glitching every time I would find it much more annoying.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

snave's Avatar


snave
10.03.2018 , 02:57 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Speaking of which, seriously, has anyone tried reporting the "CC breaker disabled when you have the ball" thing as a bug? Maybe it's actually a bug, and not on purpose?
It's happening on all huttball maps so unlikely a bug, more likely a stupid decision.


Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
What is desync though, technically?
Desync is when the game de-synchronises the players positions causing them to disappear / not be where they are shown on your screen / teleport about. Primarily it happens when you're doing things on the Z axis or using roll / leap that kinda stuff. On this map pretty much anything causes it, literally walking up the ramp causes it.

Kiesu's Avatar


Kiesu
10.03.2018 , 03:56 PM | #17
My god I got tired of huttball real fast with that breaker ninja removal.
Please tell me this is a bug and not an actual feature.
Otherwise, what do we do with PTS if they're gonna add or remove stuff without play-testing anyway.
Desync really isn't helping either, makes passing just real hard. I'll just avoid huttball for now I guess...
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

Storm-Cutter's Avatar


Storm-Cutter
10.03.2018 , 05:45 PM | #18
as soon as anyone gets the ball they just get CC'd and beaten to death with about 6 people on them until the possession changes, then the other team do the same. - With 6 melee on you, it's hard to see your own team mate to pass to even if you could, through all the ability effects going off.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
10.03.2018 , 06:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
My god I got tired of huttball real fast with that breaker ninja removal.
They need to fix this. Having no breaker when carrying the ball is bad.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Trimexxx's Avatar


Trimexxx
10.03.2018 , 06:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
Did they seriously remove CC breaker ability from ball carriers? What the actual---...
This wasn't on PTS, why was the map on pts if all the features werent.
How do you even **** these things up Bioware? Cuz it has to be a bug, no one is that stupid.. right RIGHT?