Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is up with PvP....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What is up with PvP....

Lhancelot
09.25.2018 , 08:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Actually, true story... I was in a match once with an obvious bot. The "player" would run to the east voidstar door and start a cap. If they were attacked, they would respond with basic attack until dead. (Pretty sure that's bot-behavior anyway.) I noticed them doing this... so I went to that door in stealth, and mezzed the defender while the bot capped, and got through the door that way. Woo hoo! Bot was useful! I don't remember if we ultimately won the match or not, but I thought that was pretty funny.
That's a funny story.

I was trying to find the post you wrote explaining how they could add choices for WZs where it wouldn't slow queues up and I found that really a great idea. I am the same way regarding certain maps, i think we all are.

I can do OPG once every couple hours, and even Quesh every couple hours, but no kidding these two maps pop SO MUCH. Not only are they my least favorite, there's no question about it, they pop more than anything else.

We really ought to have some option as to what we are queing for, both these maps will have 5-10 people drop them before they even start it's just ridiculous that we are depending on a team to be fully made yet often times you get people who don't want to be there (won't try or will just deathmatch out of boredom) or you start them without a full team thanks to no one wanting to play them and dropping out.

I view this as a bigger issue than "match-making" because I feel BW can't match-make for us perfectly. I expect blow outs, I expect crappy teams, and I expect bad players just as I expect awesome regstars and teams that can carry me. BW has no magic wand to create evenly constructed teams with evenly skilled players nor can they make every match have perfect class constructions all the time I don't expect this in 8v8s/regs.

I would like to have some control over what maps I queue for. This would eliminate a lot of my personal annoyance with PVP.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Sith-Viscera
09.25.2018 , 09:16 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RiChess View Post
Its been garbage. I'm talking 3 caps and shut outs match after match. I start each match doing objectives and after getting wrecked because literally nobody is helping I give up and deathmatch like everyone else until we lose.

It's incredibly frustrating.
There is no team play. No one knows how or want to do team play. It is all about getting the most kills. i can count on 1 hand the times my team listens to me when they did we won. On The matches with 3 nodes. its so easy to win. There is 8 of us on each team. 3 nodes for the grabbing. If we gain 1 then keep 2 guys on it if we get a 2nd then put 2 more guys on the 1st one and 4 on the 2nd one and defend them. Do not stray just stand by and defend if need be. For get about the 3rd node let them have it, dont try to take it. Cause when you leave your node to take theres it seems every one leaves and then the other team comes along just 1 or 2 guys and takes it with ease. if there is one guy on your team defending it takes 2 to over come him and you lost that node. So if you got 2 nodes put 4 guys on each defend it and you will win it. If any 1 strays and try to take the enemies then most likely you will lose a node and probably the match and you'll have no one to blame but your bad team play.
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

Banderal
09.25.2018 , 10:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
That's a funny story.

I was trying to find the post you wrote explaining how they could add choices for WZs where it wouldn't slow queues up and I found that really a great idea. I am the same way regarding certain maps, i think we all are.
This thread most recently.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=954341

As I said there, not like it's my idea. Someone in GW2 came up with it a long time ago, and I doubt it's even an original idea there.

Everything else you said... yeah, pretty much exactly.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

BetoRenzo
11.24.2018 , 12:48 PM | #24
Matchmaking now is worse than before. Besides it's frustrating to fight a healer with guard on this back. Guard is the worst ability ever created (in pvp).
█[][][][][][][]█Ξ(████████████████████████████████████)

KendraP
11.24.2018 , 11:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BetoRenzo View Post
Matchmaking now is worse than before. Besides it's frustrating to fight a healer with guard on this back. Guard is the worst ability ever created (in pvp).
Maybe try working around the guarded healer rather than trying to tunnel through him in objective based play. Any one healer can only be in one place at any one time, after all.

Raansu
11.25.2018 , 01:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Maybe try working around the guarded healer rather than trying to tunnel through him in objective based play. Any one healer can only be in one place at any one time, after all.
Or maybe BW could once and for all fix guard and make the ability require a thought process? Guard should be breakable and it should have a CD. That, or leave it braindead as it is now but reduce it from 50% to 15%.

Wimbleton
11.25.2018 , 09:08 AM | #27
SWTOR needs to make the game easier for me and that will help me not lose so much.

Raansu
11.25.2018 , 10:07 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
SWTOR needs to make the game easier for me and that will help me not lose so much.
Translation: Don't take away my ezmode. I don't want balance.

Rafiknoll
11.25.2018 , 10:19 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Or maybe BW could once and for all fix guard and make the ability require a thought process? Guard should be breakable and it should have a CD. That, or leave it braindead as it is now but reduce it from 50% to 15%.
Guard feels OP when there are a tank and a healer offnode and they hold off small groups of 3-4 invincibly. Be the tank in the middle in Novare in a 7v7 and only 1 healer and enemies who know to switch away from the guarded, it feels like you guardswap more often than the healer switches targets, because at least he can AOE.

If tanks and healers per group were limited as they are supposed to they would have to either be OP on the sidelines and leave the front supportless, or be quite balanced and fully busy on the front lines. The sense of OPness comes either from facing too many at the same team, or using a wrong strategy in good matches (if the T+H couple choose to offnode, then your T+H should help you crush mid), or when most DPS get the tunnel vision and refuse to switch away from the guarded healer even though this would be the perfect opportunity to global a jugg,

Wimbleton
11.25.2018 , 10:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Translation: Don't take away my ezmode. I don't want balance.
Reality: no changes will make you not lose.