Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What is up with PvP....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What is up with PvP....

omaan's Avatar


omaan
09.24.2018 , 04:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Thanks to another Bioware "great USELESS" patch that we got a few weeks ago, PVP is even more unbalanced than it was before.

Cross faction was the most terrible idea they could have implemented and they've done it NOT because they want to imrpove PVP, but because of low pops on the other faction.

The other reason was this so called matchmaking.

Matchmaking now is 10 times worse than it was before and I see absolutely zero difference between what we have now and what we had in the past.

I get put in teams with 0 healers vs preamdes, I get put in teams where me and other 2 people are geared only vs premade full 248, I get in groups where enemy triple caps in less than 1 minute and then my team full ragequits and so on,... I am slowly becoming a professional ragequitter, something that I've never done in the past. but I seriously cannot take all this bull anymore. Oh and before I forget: Every 2nd game is the damn hutball. I hate hutball... it's trash, garbage BUGGGGED, yet it pops all the damn time.
Why change things for the sake of changing when the end results is the same or even worse ?

This game is finished bro, none of this really matters....

And yes, I que solo... I don't want easy wins with guild runs and premades.

Just last evening I got four or five pops in a row where I've joined to take the place of a quitter in early loss games... this never happened before.
I stopped playing regs with the new update at all and fully focusing sr and tr. it is pretty obvious that new system will always put your solo queueing character with high "hidden elo" in regs against a full premade and it will put some other highrated regular players into your group (if they are in queue of course) and many lowrated bads. So from now you have NO CHANCES TO get in one group with a premade. You will always be in a group which is against premade and of course premades will always reck your group because they have voice comms, better coordination, fotm classes etc.

I HOPE you all happy with destroying lore in this game for garbage you received. Good luck playing this crap now

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
09.24.2018 , 08:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Thanks to another Bioware "great USELESS" patch that we got a few weeks ago, PVP is even more unbalanced than it was before.

Cross faction was the most terrible idea they could have implemented and they've done it NOT because they want to imrpove PVP, but because of low pops on the other faction.

The other reason was this so called matchmaking.

Matchmaking now is 10 times worse than it was before and I see absolutely zero difference between what we have now and what we had in the past.
Not been my experience. Sure, there are still blow-out matches... well, a lot of them. But I haven't seen it 10 times worse. Seems about the same, except MAYBE better healer balance. Although the idea that a tank == healer for splitting up teams is just laughable. And, honestly, with all the quitting and (infered by me) non-acceptance of pops that goes on in PvP, I wasn't expecting much from matchmaking anyway.

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I get put in teams with 0 healers vs preamdes, I get put in teams where me and other 2 people are geared only vs premade full 248, I get in groups where enemy triple caps in less than 1 minute and then my team full ragequits and so on,... I am slowly becoming a professional ragequitter, something that I've never done in the past. but I seriously cannot take all this bull anymore.
I have also started to quit matches sometimes. Although, if I do, I always just quit the game. Which leads to playing a lot less. I still don't quit just because my team is bad. I will quit if I am literally the only person who actually is doing anything besides deathmatching (well, except arenas, of course ). Even if my team is "great" and killing everything left and right, because good for them, but that's not the game I want to play. I will also quit out of the game after the 2nd OPG, Yavin or Quesh - sometimes the first. Just tired of being forced to play maps I don't like with absolutely 0 say in the matter. Well, I guess I have a say, in that I quit the game.

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Oh and before I forget: Every 2nd game is the damn hutball. I hate hutball... it's trash, garbage BUGGGGED, yet it pops all the damn time.
Well, I like HB (original), even with the bugs, but yes you are 100% right. Between Quesh and original (which I think are lumped together in the 'which random WZ do you get' wheel of fortune), I have noticed that too. TONS of huttball games. Seems weird. Like they accidentally upped the chance or something.

With the track record of "fixes", they will probably hugely lower the chance for HB when they release the new one on Wednesday, and then we'll never get to play the new map.

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Just last evening I got four or five pops in a row where I've joined to take the place of a quitter in early loss games... this never happened before.
You mean you never got backfills, or you never got 5 in a row? Never got 5 in a row I can believe, never got a backfill... no way. I also solo queue almost exclusively, and I've gotten backfills forever. But, 5 in a row... yeah, that's bad. BTW, I know you say you don't want to queue premade, but queue with just one other person and you'll almost never get a backfill. That's been my limited experience anyway, for the few times I joined a dreaded "PREMADE" (of two).

I used to just play backfills, and I still usually do - plenty of them are still winnable. But sometimes I get so tired of cleaning up other people's messes. Nothing better than hearing the "door blown alarm" as the voidstar load screen is still being displayed.

And I absolutely DESPISE the people that quit with 30 seconds in the game left, so I get to load in just as the game ends. Lowest. Form. Of. Life. Period.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

alexsamma's Avatar


alexsamma
09.24.2018 , 10:14 AM | #13
The majority of players you encounter in pvp are actually bots that BW runs to help the queues pop... or at least's that what I tell myself when 90% of the people I run into in pvp could be replaced by companions...

DenariusJay's Avatar


DenariusJay
09.24.2018 , 01:15 PM | #14
It's the same discussion since launch, lopsided games, premades, bad class balance, etc. All bioware has been doing is rearranging the furniture in the room to make it look different, but its still the same ol' furniture. And we keep falling for it over and over again, like somehow its different now. It's not. Do a search in these forums and you will find post back in 2012 saying literally everything that is being said today.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Billie Eilish/Jessica Alba/Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Colin Kaepernick

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
09.24.2018 , 01:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsamma View Post
The majority of players you encounter in pvp are actually bots that BW runs to help the queues pop... or at least's that what I tell myself when 90% of the people I run into in pvp could be replaced by companions...
Oh please. I can walk away from any fight one of my companions is involved in, and go to the fridge or take a bio break, and when I get back they have won it for me. If I glance away for a SECOND in PvP, my other 7 team mates have let them cap the door somehow... even in a huttball that doesn't have a door to cap!

Companions are so much more useful than most PvP team mates.

Actually, true story... I was in a match once with an obvious bot. The "player" would run to the east voidstar door and start a cap. If they were attacked, they would respond with basic attack until dead. (Pretty sure that's bot-behavior anyway.) I noticed them doing this... so I went to that door in stealth, and mezzed the defender while the bot capped, and got through the door that way. Woo hoo! Bot was useful! I don't remember if we ultimately won the match or not, but I thought that was pretty funny.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
09.24.2018 , 01:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
And I absolutely DESPISE the people that quit with 30 seconds in the game left, so I get to load in just as the game ends. Lowest. Form. Of. Life. Period.
But backfilling for those guys is the quickest way to get them dailies done
-Beruhl, Pre-Complainer-in-Chief
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Stellarcrusade's Avatar


Stellarcrusade
09.24.2018 , 04:18 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Cross faction was the most terrible idea they could have implemented and they've done it NOT because they want to imrpove PVP, but because of low pops on the other faction.

The other reason was this so called matchmaking.
Cross faction was the BEST idea. I didn't see any of the current complainers volenteering to play on the pub side, and for that reason cross faction was absolutely needed. Now you have to play with some newer pvpers as it mixes the wars up, but both sides get those new players, so as they learn things will get better.

I will agree with you that matchmaking needs some work though. I mean, the combination of cross-faction and match-making does do VERY good at making the wars about 50/50 (I mean much closer than the 99/1 we had before for faction versus faction matches). But the part where it tries to balance healer/tanks in with dps's is a bad idea that will never work. We diluted the strategy immensely and made it so that backfills keep that proportion impossible. Also I wont play tank or healer anymore in PvP with the change, so as people do that it only gets worse. Maybe to the point that no pops will happen anymore because no-one wants to play the "singled out" types.

We need to remove that requirement and then things will work much better and queues will pop and backfills will be more meaningful.

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
09.24.2018 , 10:54 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsamma View Post
The majority of players you encounter in pvp are actually bots that BW runs to help the queues pop... or at least's that what I tell myself when 90% of the people I run into in pvp could be replaced by companions...
LoL, Id prefer some of my companions over some of my team mates. If Bioware ever included bots based our companions, they would be too good for the masses to compete with.

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
09.24.2018 , 10:56 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Oh please. I can walk away from any fight one of my companions is involved in, and go to the fridge or take a bio break, and when I get back they have won it for me. If I glance away for a SECOND in PvP, my other 7 team mates have let them cap the door somehow... even in a huttball that doesn't have a door to cap!

Companions are so much more useful than most PvP team mates.

Actually, true story... I was in a match once with an obvious bot. The "player" would run to the east voidstar door and start a cap. If they were attacked, they would respond with basic attack until dead. (Pretty sure that's bot-behavior anyway.) I noticed them doing this... so I went to that door in stealth, and mezzed the defender while the bot capped, and got through the door that way. Woo hoo! Bot was useful! I don't remember if we ultimately won the match or not, but I thought that was pretty funny.
True story, find some unsuspecting pve guy in a pvp instance and set you companion to dps and get them to attack them while you kill their comp healer (most pve people have their comp as healer). Then sit back and watch your comp global them.

Rafiknoll's Avatar


Rafiknoll
09.25.2018 , 04:55 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
True story, find some unsuspecting pve guy in a pvp instance and set you companion to dps and get them to attack them while you kill their comp healer (most pve people have their comp as healer). Then sit back and watch your comp global them.
I got 5 solo kills on absolutely active 3 players with this method. I killed 2 and my companion killed the 3rd before I even had a chance to target him. (2 more kills when they respawned to kill me 1 after the other, it took them long because some were targeting the companion )