Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Filter option to disable arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Filter option to disable arenas

SnazzyAzzy's Avatar


SnazzyAzzy
12.08.2018 , 06:15 PM | #1
As a warzone lover, I find it so infuriating being forced to play areas that I neither enjoy nor have the option through a filter to disable. Could we please get a filter so those that don't enjoy arena pvp can excuse ourselves from it and vice versa with those that dislike warzones, thank you.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
12.08.2018 , 06:44 PM | #2
I would like to filter warzones so I never get OPG or huttball again.

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
12.08.2018 , 10:33 PM | #3
If they allowed filters, HB, Odesyn, QHB, Vandin and Arenas would all disappear from the queue. That would be fine until people got tired of the other maps. Then they’d cry for them.

They took HB away for 2 weeks to try and fix Dsync and people where asking for it back.

If they did map bans maybe they should allow only 1, at least at first, to see the effects on the game.

SnazzyAzzy's Avatar


SnazzyAzzy
12.09.2018 , 04:35 PM | #4
This is why I specifically requested filters because it allows people to engage in the pvp type they desire which means EVERYONE benefits. being forced to play in (in my case arenas) scenarios you dislike is not what gaming is about, don't we all just want to have a bit of fun during our gaming experience?

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
12.10.2018 , 07:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SnazzyAzzy View Post
This is why I specifically requested filters because it allows people to engage in the pvp type they desire which means EVERYONE benefits. being forced to play in (in my case arenas) scenarios you dislike is not what gaming is about, don't we all just want to have a bit of fun during our gaming experience?
If you allowed unlimited bans it would be very easy to ruin the queue, which has priority right now, since there are no plans or efforts designed around increasing the population. So "EVERYONE benefits" very little if no queues happen or if they drastically slow down waiting for the right combination of unbanned maps to manifest in the queue.

LD_Little_Dragon's Avatar


LD_Little_Dragon
12.10.2018 , 10:23 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
If you allowed unlimited bans it would be very easy to ruin the queue, which has priority right now, since there are no plans or efforts designed around increasing the population. So "EVERYONE benefits" very little if no queues happen or if they drastically slow down waiting for the right combination of unbanned maps to manifest in the queue.
4v4 is very different from 8v8. Some people like arena's but not warzones, and vice-versa. It makes sense to allow them to que for the type of PvP that they enjoy.

Without being able to filter out arena's, I usually just hit the 'leave warzone button' as soon as I zone in. How is that better for anyone except those who like going 3v4?
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

SnazzyAzzy's Avatar


SnazzyAzzy
12.10.2018 , 11:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
4v4 is very different from 8v8. Some people like arena's but not warzones, and vice-versa. It makes sense to allow them to que for the type of PvP that they enjoy.

Without being able to filter out arena's, I usually just hit the 'leave warzone button' as soon as I zone in. How is that better for anyone except those who like going 3v4?
Nailed it right there, two very different types of PVP, quite honestly I would rather have longer wait times and get the pvp I like than sit in cues that are consistently the type I dislike.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
12.10.2018 , 11:38 AM | #8
Well, if we believe BW:
-The Unranked Warzone queue will now always prioritize Warzones over Arenas. An Arena match will only pop if there are not enough players to populate a full Warzone match at that time.
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/8720...alactic-legend

So this is a population issue, seemingly there aren't enough people queuing to pop a 16 person map.

Storm-Cutter's Avatar


Storm-Cutter
12.10.2018 , 12:25 PM | #9
Careful what you wish for OP. It could happen that a lot more like Arena than 8v8 - and you could potentially sit in a queue for hours. - especially at off-peak times.

I for one would prefer a slider, so one could prioritise one over the other ( or indeed map types without totally blocking one type. You could at least nudge the slider one way or the other if pops become too infrequent.

But the new Meta is to simply leave any WZ or arena that you don't fancy ( or fancy your chances) - So at least one person is happy, rather than the ones that remain in a reduced team. - BioWare likes it like that, rather than encourage more people to PVP - almost like they're trying to spoil it for everyone. - It must make sense from a business point-of-view, though I'm at a loss to see how.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

SnazzyAzzy's Avatar


SnazzyAzzy
12.11.2018 , 11:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Careful what you wish for OP. It could happen that a lot more like Arena than 8v8 - and you could potentially sit in a queue for hours. - especially at off-peak times.

I for one would prefer a slider, so one could prioritise one over the other ( or indeed map types without totally blocking one type. You could at least nudge the slider one way or the other if pops become too infrequent.

But the new Meta is to simply leave any WZ or arena that you don't fancy ( or fancy your chances) - So at least one person is happy, rather than the ones that remain in a reduced team. - BioWare likes it like that, rather than encourage more people to PVP - almost like they're trying to spoil it for everyone. - It must make sense from a business point-of-view, though I'm at a loss to see how.
The fact I already sit waiting for an hour+ due to being cued into an arena, leaving, recueing into another arena - repeat process until wz actually pops means that I'm already used to ridiculous wait times, no skin off my nose. I'm quite happy to wait, its why i have a second monitor and watch stuff while in cue etc, I just don't want arenas, simple as that, just as I know many people don't want warzones, so put it in player hands, give us a filter option and hey presto, everyone gets what they want