Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Balance?

davensuitelife
12.07.2018 , 01:44 PM | #1
So I'm returning after a bit of a year break.
I don't understand how the devs have allowed this game to get to laughable unbalance... Why in the world can merc/mando or jugg/guardian heal like 3 full times?

Troll roll still a thing for ops/snipers like for real when the hell is a balance patch?
What are they doing?
I get it anthem is coming out but I as most of you don't pay a sub to that game and want something for our money!
D'avin of The Ebon Hawk

Wimbleton
12.07.2018 , 02:19 PM | #2
If you were here a year ago, you'll note that balance is not very different than it was when you left.

The biggest change is that healers took a 10-15% haircut. Thats the only real change I've seen thats had any real and lasting effect.

Merc's took a decent hit to defensives as well (less heal on trama, less heal on kolto, less charges on force/tech absorb).

All the hard hitting crit attacks took a good hit as well.

Sin tanks got pewped on even though they were already poop.

Juggs are more seksi, as you've noted.

They tried to do some anti-skank tank stuff, but realistically skanks are just as good or better.

So there has been balance changes, but they are largely ineffective because the greatest disparity that a PVPer experiences between himself and another player has very little to do with balance, and much to do with skill.... which unfortunately, we cannot balance.

Totemdancer
12.07.2018 , 05:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
If you were here a year ago, you'll note that balance is not very different than it was when you left.

The biggest change is that healers took a 10-15% haircut. Thats the only real change I've seen thats had any real and lasting effect.

Merc's took a decent hit to defensives as well (less heal on trama, less heal on kolto, less charges on force/tech absorb).

They tried to do some anti-skank tank stuff, but realistically skanks are just as good or better.

So there has been balance changes, but they are largely ineffective because the greatest disparity that a PVPer experiences between himself and another player has very little to do with balance, and much to do with skill.... which unfortunately, we cannot balance.
Not only that, but Bioware balance around dps targets first and foremost and donít take DCDs into account when balancing those. DCD balancing is an after thought and itís why Bioware canít balance anything without making something OP or breaking something else.
If they balanced around the whole package at the same time and not just focus on DPS, then maybe they could get it closer.

Kazz_Devlin
12.10.2018 , 07:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post

Skill most of the people playing these classes are doing so because they know it's am "I WIN CLASS" and they need the crutch. If bioware ever gets it's head out of it's preventable #$$ and does a balance pass most of the player base that is relying on these classes are gonna scream bloody murder.

Seterade
12.10.2018 , 07:55 PM | #5
lol, no they wont. they will hop to the next fotm.

in the meantime I fill my hours blowing up reroll kids on my "I WIN" class: AP PT