Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers seem ridiculously broken compared to when I last played this game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Snipers seem ridiculously broken compared to when I last played this game.

Seterade
11.29.2018 , 11:38 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Republic side can't ?
well, the original design of force shroud is to resist all tech, and the enet counts... but pub enet is bugged. it nets through resist. this includes con op roll and force shroud.... but not sorc bubble. i wondwer why

Rafiknoll
11.29.2018 , 11:59 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
well, the original design of force shroud is to resist all tech, and the enet counts... but pub enet is bugged. it nets through resist. this includes con op roll and force shroud.... but not sorc bubble. i wondwer why
I think it is because the barrier isn't a "resist" but "immune" (like attempting to stun on full resolve). Makes me wonder if it means sniper roll-root would work on barrier...

Raansu
11.29.2018 , 01:10 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
Tank spec is even worse than the DPS specs! I've seen immortals out DPS Pure DPS specs.
What in the world are you talking about? Point for point this is in no way feasible. Immortal spec has significantly lower output than pure dps specs. The only way you're seeing an immortal jugg out dpsing a pure dps class is if that player is straight up bad.

Seterade
11.29.2018 , 02:22 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
What in the world are you talking about? Point for point this is in no way feasible. Immortal spec has significantly lower output than pure dps specs. The only way you're seeing an immortal jugg out dpsing a pure dps class is if that player is straight up bad.
actually the key here is he didnt specify skank tank. he just said "immortal". a good skank, like janglor can pull 6k easy (and its not fluff, we are talking 15k aoe crushing blow, equal to a dps death field) but a tank can barely pull 3k. a good dps in regs or arena pulls 3.5k-4k. this is supposing he wins, has guard and hls, gear, and isnt overly tunneled. an above average dps pulls 4k-5k dps. again, same supposes. and if you are dot you should be pulling 4.5k to 7k depending on the supposed conditions and skill level. note that these dmg values are about equal to a good skank.

Raansu
11.29.2018 , 03:28 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
actually the key here is he didnt specify skank tank. he just said "immortal". a good skank, like janglor can pull 6k easy (and its not fluff, we are talking 15k aoe crushing blow, equal to a dps death field) but a tank can barely pull 3k. a good dps in regs or arena pulls 3.5k-4k. this is supposing he wins, has guard and hls, gear, and isnt overly tunneled. an above average dps pulls 4k-5k dps. again, same supposes. and if you are dot you should be pulling 4.5k to 7k depending on the supposed conditions and skill level. note that these dmg values are about equal to a good skank.
15k isn't a lot in todays health pools, and lets be real here, death field is gimped and should be doing way more damage. I remember back in the day when it was getting crits equal to the burst specs.

Seterade
11.29.2018 , 03:56 PM | #96
it technically does, 15k is about an autocrit mara/jugg smash, and pyroflame thrower. there arent a lot of example, bioware try to limit one shot crit aoes.

RACATW
11.30.2018 , 12:44 AM | #97
This is only true if they both have the option of attacking equally squishy targets. If the dps has to attack a skank their dps immediately goes down or if they have to tunnel thru guard.

Aside from That, I agree.

Raansu
11.30.2018 , 02:09 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
This is only true if they both have the option of attacking equally squishy targets. If the dps has to attack a skank their dps immediately goes down or if they have to tunnel thru guard.

Aside from That, I agree.
Guarantee my dps would still be higher.

RACATW
11.30.2018 , 05:41 PM | #99
Guarantee my dps would still be higher.
How many good skanks have you played against on equal footing?

I never met a dps I couldn't shut down while skanking. Even dot specs find it hard since once a skank is on them the amount of pressure, stuns and roots result in their death; while the skank survives. Meaning the skank has stable dps and the dead player doesnt, the only type of dot spec which wouldn't have an unbearable amount of trouble is anni mara but only one good player ever uses that spec on my server.

Further attacking the skank directly will mean you have to deal with the constant DR, defense and shield rating. Then their dcds. Which results in your dps when directly dealt against them decreasing by at least 25% on average. With 33% to 40 being more likely.

I once kept a mando stunned rooted slowed and soft stunned for the lulz (taunting when he got out) just to see how badly I could affect his dps. Normally he averaged about 6-8k. It dropped to 3.5k. I admit, it was entertaining. Unfortunately he stopped queueing into regs.

I'm sure you're correct though, not many good skanks actually dust their toons off anymore. It got boring and broken a long time ago for me.