So am I the only one?

lukeisjedi

Look I get it changes have been made that some don't like but overall I think the game is good and still doing well and I think it will continue for years to come. Am I just deluding myself or do others enjoy the game too? All I see are complaints both here and the game chat.

I love this game.

I can live with xpac with little content. But for me, there is something that is grinding my gears and making me stop playing.

2 things in fact.

1. Having loads of non 306 gear drops.

2. Amps are pay to win.

For 1. it leads to very frustrating drops/boxes where most of your drops are useless and disassembled. All gear that isn't 306 is useless and leads not only to disappointment but busy work with inventory management on top of it. It's frustrating, it's boring, it's annoying and it's one of those things that slowly leads me to stop playing. Instead of getting useless drops, we could just get more tech fragments drop.

But the cake goes to point 2. When revealing amps the devs told us how these were gonna be small stats that only min/maxers will care about. Well, when they can increase your power from 20-30% they are not exactly "small" they are a requirement. Especially in PvP.

But, of course, they decided to make it some sort of credit dump gambling system.

So, what happens? The exploiters that exploited their billions of credits are fine. They lose a bit of their fortune, but now they are 20-30% more powerful than everyone else. The rest of the people who didn't exploit? Pay real money to sell stuff on the GTN to have the credits... or stop playing.

Well, i love the game, but the game is telling me to give it money to not be in a severe disadvantage and i HATE to gamble. I do not understand how anyone can find it fun in any way. All it gives me is a sense of frustration and wanting to stop.

So, today i decide to go screw it and blew 2 million credits on different armorings to try and get a medtech amp for my healer. I didn't get it.

The solution? Theres several. The easiest one is to nerf Amps by 50% or more so they are actually minimal differences and not massive ones. The best would be to give players a way to get their preferred amp without gambling (and the 50% nerf cause the things are causing insane problems in PvP with burst. Honestly i was crit 84k the other day This is almost 1/3 of my hp). I can only imagine the drama it will be when they decide to increase the item level and people need to re-aquire their amps.

So, yeah. This is the game i love, telling me to stop playing. Devs, sort that out. I can't be the only one feeling this way. Also, yes, i am stopping until amps are nerfed. You made me. I refuse to throw real money into gambling.

Edited by Nemmar

• Story wasn't up to much, but then I didn't have high hopes.
  • Planets are really nice eye-candy, but rather small.
  • Dailies are rather tedious, especially until you find a route that does them all in one go in an efficient way.

Tacticals and unmodded set-bonus gear is a bit in the expensive side in TFs - even considering as I don't mind a round or 2 of dailies per week, and try and complete the weekly GSF and PVP weeklies, and have a couple of characters in mega guilds, I still run out of TFs regularly trying to gear up.

IMHO I don;t think AMPS are that much of an advantage. - Even im PVP - And considering that a lot of them are PVE/Crafting/Gathering amps on some items, you're only looking to improve on maybe half your gear for PVP. - But again, the re-roll cost does go quite high if you can't get the one you want. - I would be fine with a couple of thousand credits per re-roll - or indeed a lookup to not reroll ones you've already rejected. and whats with the foce amps for tech users ( and vice-versa) ?

Crafting is cmopletely OTT - and not really worth the expense in time and credits and rare mats. - Tho' a believe they're gonna reduce costs/ ratios a bit next month.

Overall though, it seemed a lot of change for change's sake, and didn't really adress the fundamentals of what is wrong with the game - Lack of resources,/a big expansion/ lots more to do/ new PVP maps/ new areas/datacrons/events/ dailies and weeklies/side quests etc.

I'm enjoying it so far. I play for story, and mainly solo fwiw. I've found that even tho I don't do a lot of group endgame stuff, gear has been dropping like candy on Halloween. I have more characters in set pieces gear (not 306, but enough for what I typically play) now than I've ever had. I also noticed the difficulty bump, but it's not at a point where I'm dying any more than usual. I do have a character in a holding pattern because of the Iokath walker issue. But overall I'm enjoying it, and am ready for the next part of the story.

I'm enjoying it at the moment, however, I have 10 characters in 306 gear already and 7 of them have full set bonuses. Next month when the crafting changes come, I will get the augments sorted as well.

That's all very fast and makes me wonder where to go from there. I like gearing in the sense of setting goals and achieving them. In the past you had a thing called progression raiding but BW has stripped that from the gear progression element by taking gear out of the difficulty modes and into the general game. Essentially, you can easily be BiS geared without setting a foot in an operation and then the operations do not offer better gear.

Sure, there's the fun of beating boss fights but I've done most of them and so I've been pushing away going into the new ops so that I'll at least have that to do for a little bit. However, repeating that content is tied to gear progression and they took that out. So once you've beaten the new ops SM, you can do HM and NiM. As soon as you beat them, there's no reason to repeat doing them. Remember you only have the achievement to shoot for of beating the individual bosses and then that content is done. You might repeat it a few times but I feel an essential part that motivates a lot of raiders is gone and that's a downside for long term appeal.

I will say that this problem already existed in 5.0 but I'm saddened that it's continued in 6.0. Of course progression raiding is not everyone's cup of tea so it doesn't affect a lot of players but as with anything it's the combination of ingredients that makes the final dish and in my view gear progression is one of the core ingredients of progression raiding. So it now has a new flavour and I'm not a big fan.

Onto another issue: crafting. Crafting 6.0 launched with ridiculously high costs and I suspect it was part of an approach to pull a lot of credits from the economy. We get some changes coming in 3-4 weeks from now and it mitigates some of that. However, when you really look at crafting and the value it adds to the game and in particular the level 75 game it comes down to augments and stims. Cybertech is completely and utterly useless for level 75 crafting as a consequence and the rest are essentially one-trick ponies. That is something that needs to change because it's really just too limited.

Personally I would've liked to've seen that 306 gear would've been the gear requirement for the new ops and that it would drop 312 gear, etc. and that crafting would be able to deconstruct that new raid gear for schems except the highest level. As it was in the past. Of course it would be about the mods cause set bonuses are on the shells and that's fine. It would also mean that 306 gear would be already as good as it is now for the rest of PvE.

And I think that amplifiers should be made available through crafting to give it more depth and use basically.

So 6.0 has some good elements but lacks depth and I wonder what that will do for the long-term appeal. I can't speak for anyone else but myself of course, so that concern is primarily for myself. I can see myself play this game for a month or two still and then taking another break because of that lack of depth not keeping me here. I do enjoy the game now but the game misses some necessary ingredients to make the content worthwhile repeating for a longer amount of time. I already start feeling not wanting to do some content because I've done it a lot already but it also doesn't give me anything I need anymore. All I need is the tech fragments for 3 more bonus sets and that'll probably be done in a week or so.

That's also the issue with the RNG loot. You can't really work towards something specific, you just have to get lucky. That's why I am happy with the set bonus vendors but not so much with the RNG only way of getting the mods you want in them.

I'm much more pleased that I thought I would be, I have to be honest. I was expecting gearing to be a *****how, instead it really works (at least with my playstyle). And I really like tacticals (then again my favorite class got some really cool and fun ones).

I only wished we got more than one new flashpoint and one new operation but it still beats most of the add-ons that came after SoR by a mile. And the two new planets are both gorgeous. If they can fix crafting so it doesn't feel like slaving in the mines of Kessel, I will call myself happy. And if they can follow it up with periodic content updates, I'll pinch myself because I probably fell asleep :D

Look I get it changes have been made that some don't like but overall I think the game is good and still doing well and I think it will continue for years to come. Am I just deluding myself or do others enjoy the game too? All I see are complaints both here and the game chat.

You are far from the only one. Server populations are up. I think the mistake is thinking that you'd hear as many praises as complaints in game chat or here if the expansion was good but that isn't the case.

Pay attention to normal game chatter. if there's a lot of communication is just talking about the game then people are just happily playing it.

I still LOVE this game. I just love to escape reality for a bit and get lost in the Star Wars world. Nothing better in my honest opinion. 👍🏻❤️👏🏻

I agree. Nice escape from real world issues. Though when politics enter game chat I turn it off lol.

Anyone else having issues with the drop in HP when you go above the level cap for what planet you are on?

E.G. Dromund Kaas level cap is 17. At level 17 my character is 5000+HP but as soon as I hit level 18 my HP decreases to 2200HP. Would've thought the HP would stay the same as what I was at level 17?

The game is fine. I have gotten years of enjoyment out of it. I think people either play too much, or are resistant to change, and refuse to adapt. Or a combination of those.

I'm having fun. For now.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I still LOVE this game. I just love to escape reality for a bit and get lost in the Star Wars world. Nothing better in my honest opinion. 👍🏻❤️👏🏻

Same here. I love how scenic Onderon is, and I was surprised to see a level boost (all of my original 8 toons were at 70 when they entered Onslaught) as it really helped with some of the bigger mobs. I'll continue playing until the game goes offline, and even then, if a DVD-ROM was put out afterwards, I'd buy it. (Hint, hint, BW/EA.)

Other than a few bugs, my only major complaint is that everything that was scaled up to 70 wasn't re-scaled to 75. My main incentive to play the game and grind things out is to gear up for ops and fp's, as it stands now there is only one op and one fp that gearing up is actually useful for.

Getting all the fancy new gear, making sure it all has the best mods and enhancements, grinding conquest for the mats to craft the new augments, and then going in to 95% of "end game content" to find that all the gear is pretty much useless due to stat caps when we're downgraded to level 70... feels bad man.

Sage's force empowerment, FR and SA relics, attack adrenals, new augments, all the 2pc set bonuses that give 2% mastery, and everything else that boosts your power or mastery, are all completely useless when you're scaled down to lvl 70.

So we went from all ops and fp's being end game content, to just one op and one fp that are actually end game content where gearing up matters.

Other than that it's a pretty good xpack for being free to subscribers. I would gladly pay extra for a SoR sized xpack again.

I for one am really enjoying the game. All of the criticism about the "gear grind" is almost laughable. We are, what, a month into it and almost everyone, except me :D, is at ilvl 306? Come on people....

The gearing system and all that is involved is very unique. Is it perfect, not quite, but it is certainly the most creative I have ever experienced. I could not imagine having to wait for a specific piece to drop or purchasing gear with set stats on it anymore. Already after a month, the "old style of gearing" seems antiquated.

Yes, crafting is well below par.

Overall, I would give it a B+