New Crew Management Window

Wusiwyg

Hello. I've been playing for years now and gotten pretty tired of the Crew Skill system. It's not that user friendly in my

opinion so I thought to throw out a few improvements.

1. Deleting recipes

2. Tabs instead of a drop down box for grades

3. Tabs on the side of the Crew Management Window (CMW) marked Compounds, Flux and Metal when using Scavenging or Lockboxes and Sliced Tech Parts when using Slicing, like a filter

4. Remembering what grade (1-9) that was used last. It's very annoying to choose grade 2 five times every few minutes if one is grinding.

5. Keep the Mission Window (MW) open when one sends a companion out on a Gathering Mission and automatically choose the next free companion on the list. That last part would also be nice when crafting things.

6. An option where one can see which recipes that can still be Reverse Engineered (RE).

7. In the Crafting Menu it would be nice if it could remember if one had it on the Difficulty, Rating or Level setting

8. Seeing if the item that is being crafted is able to be RE.

9. Change Grade 6 so it also has Bountiful and Rich quantities

10. When opening the CMW, make the categories start minimized, instead of one having to close 3 to get to the right one. That one goes for the Legacy Window also

The way I see it:

First I choose Scavenging from the CMW and the MW pops up. Last time I grinded grade 2, so that's where the MW starts. Every mission for that grade is shown but I'm only interested in Compounds, so I choose Compounds on the filter tab on the side on the window and now it shows the three grade 2 missions there are. I pick companion number 2 because she got +2 Crit, double click on the mission and automatically companion number 3 ischosen. Again I double click and companion number 4 is chosen.Now I choose Slicing. Last time I used it was on grade 9 and that's where it starts up. I use the filter to get Lockbox missions and it shows 3. Still on companion 4 I double click on a mission... and so on. I think you get the picture.

To me it's the most user friendly system I could come up with.If you want to put in your own priorities, something to add or got a better system, let it be known :)

While I like a lot of your ideas, it has been my experience (in multiple MMOs) that the crafting system gets very little love. My point is, don't get your hopes up and accept and adapt to the existing system because it is unlikely to change.

Scroll through the Dev Tracker and try to find the last Dev Comment that suggests anyone other than the players care about crew skills.

Classes each get a representative, but not so for Crew Skills, not even 1.

Ahh, that sux. For me the crafting in an MMO is important. If only they released mod support...

It is important to me as well. In EVERY MMO I have ever played I have worked crafting into my playstyle. With regard to SWTOR the fact is that when I am bored with EVERYTHING ELSE I still sign on to do crew skill stuff.

But I know going in (to any game) that the crafting system is the way it is and is not likely to change much. So I adapt to it rather than trying to get the devs to adapt it to me. IMO the former lacks frustration and is therefore less stressful/more enjoyable :D.

Edited by psandak

I think this thread belongs in suggestion forum.

They are all great ideas and I think that number 1 (unlearn schematics) is a must. Also, here's what I would add:

1. make this a large window, such as one for hangar or strongholds.
  2. instead of 3. I'd appreciate if each crew mission would display a small icon of resource you can get from it with range amount you can get (normal - critical).

Here another thread you might find interesting -> link.