Do the Companion Story lines progress after you kill Darth Thanaton?

HymSelf

Ive noticed less " Khem Val approves, etc" after killing Darth Thanaton.

I still have planets to finish out and "Purple" missions to do after Darth Thanaton.

Im just worried i ended some storylines/progressions by killing Darth Thanaton before finishing planets?

Could someone provide some insight into this?

Thanks!

Edited by HymSelf

No, it should not have any effect.

Companion conversations are however exclusive to the original three chapters of class story. They do come to an end. But you'll continue to gain companion influence.

Ah, I see..:(

As I complete planet story arc missions, will I still have the opportunity to find new companions? or are the people you meet in the Chapters it? I noticed there are a lot of different companions to buy skins for and was wondering if i blew my shot at finding new companions and having interesting conversations by ending the Chapters (Becoming Darth)? :rak_02:

As I complete planet story arc missions, will I still have the opportunity to find new companions? or are the people you meet in the Chapters it? I noticed there are a lot of different companions to buy skins for and was wondering if i blew my shot at finding new companions and having interesting conversations by ending the Chapters (Becoming Darth)? :rak_02:

You can buy two new companions (Granted one of them is a huge fetch quest) but they both give you new conversations, beyond that the expansions (Mainly kotfe and kotet) introduce you too many new characters and you get LOTS of companions in kotfe/kotet and a few are romancable.

The base Class story will give you just five Companions, and their stories pretty much "end" when your main Class story ends.

If you start KotFE, you will lose those, but have the option to recruit other, new companions as you play through that and, if you continue, KotET and beyond. Plus, depending on your Class, some or most of your "original" companions may return, via various Chapters, or via Alliance Alerts, so you may get a little more "story" with them, but it's pretty minimal. (Offhand, I don't recall if any Class gets all the original companions back - yet). And after you complete Chapter IX of KotFE, you will have a terminal that allows you to "recover" companions you have "lost" but who haven't yet returned through the story.

You can continue to gain influence with your "original" and later companions, as you play through the various stories, though which ones can get influence from what story choices will vary. Generally, only the later companions will gain influence from your dialogue choices in KotFE and beyond, but you can still gain influence with the "original" ones if you go back and do various Planet arcs, side missions, and heroics. And of course, you can always increase your influence with them by giving them gifts they like.

And then there are a bunch more companions you can acquire via the Cartel Market, some as direct purchase, others as random, very rare drops from CM crates, and a couple acquired as "event" rewards. Those don't really have much in the way of "story", so you are pretty much limited to "buying" influence with them via gifts.

Last I counted, you can have something like 50 or 60 companions, if you're really determined to get every one possible, though there's no real need for more than nine (eight to run Crew Skill missions, while you adventure with the ninth). Note that the Droid and Creature type companions from the Cartel Market can't do Crew Skills.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

The base Class story will give you just five Companions, and their stories pretty much "end" when your main Class story ends.

If you start KotFE, you will lose those, but have the option to recruit other, new companions as you play through that and, if you continue, KotET and beyond. Plus, depending on your Class, some or most of your "original" companions may return, via various Chapters, or via Alliance Alerts, so you may get a little more "story" with them, but it's pretty minimal. (Offhand, I don't recall if any Class gets all the original companions back - yet). And after you complete Chapter IX of KotFE, you will have a terminal that allows you to "recover" companions you have "lost" but who haven't yet returned through the story.

You can continue to gain influence with your "original" and later companions, as you play through the various stories, though which ones can get influence from what story choices will vary. Generally, only the later companions will gain influence from your dialogue choices in KotFE and beyond, but you can still gain influence with the "original" ones if you go back and do various Planet arcs, side missions, and heroics. And of course, you can always increase your influence with them by giving them gifts they like.

And then there are a bunch more companions you can acquire via the Cartel Market, some as direct purchase, others as random, very rare drops from CM crates, and a couple acquired as "event" rewards. Those don't really have much in the way of "story", so you are pretty much limited to "buying" influence with them via gifts.

Last I counted, you can have something like 50 or 60 companions, if you're really determined to get every one possible, though there's no real need for more than nine (eight to run Crew Skill missions, while you adventure with the ninth). Note that the Droid and Creature type companions from the Cartel Market can't do Crew Skills.

Thank you everyone for the great info!

Much appreciated!

I'll be seeing ya out there!

<3

Just an addendum to everything that's been said. Some of the companion skins you're seeing are for the companions of different classes. You're playing a Sith inquisitors story.... the Sith Warrior, bounty hunter, agent, Jedi knight, trooper, smuggler, & Jedi Consular all have different companions and different stories in chapters 1-3. You'll even meet some of the other companions as you play through all the class stories during companion conversations. So don't be afraid to try the different classes! The vanilla (chapt 1-3 stories) content is by far the best in the game imho.

(Offhand, I don't recall if any Class gets all the original companions back - yet).

The Bounty Hunter and Smuggler can reunite their full quintets of original companions as of patch 5.9.2

The Imperial Agent has to lose SCORPIO either by allowing her to upload her mind to Iokath's computer systems or permanently destroying her to prevent that. The Trooper cannot recruit Tanno Vik because the option doesn't exist; the character refuses if asked.

Everyone else still has at least one original class story companion that hasn't been accounted for yet.