Bobo Fett Vs Batman

Teknation

Who would win in this epic match up.

Real reason of how they would win or loss.

(Because he is Batman or Bobo Fett isn't a reasonable reason. Elaborate why and how.)

Be nice if you describe terrain and fight situation.

I will start it off with it would be a stalemate. Only thing that can break it is terrain. If it was a dark city area with alot of nooks and cranny batman would win because of how quickly he could hide and take Fett by surprise. But if it is an open area Fett would have the advantage due to the jet pack.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will start it off with it would be a stalemate. Only thing that can break it is terrain. If it was a dark city area with alot of nooks and cranny batman would win because of how quickly he could hide and take Fett by surprise. But if it is an open area Fett would have the advantage due to the jet pack.

batman has a jetpack to by the way.

I don't think terrain would be too much of a factor, considering that they have done stuff in a variety of environments. That being said, if they know about eachother before the fight Batman has already won because he has a plan and a backup for the plan, and a backup for the backup, and the backup, for the backup, for the backup plan. If not then...well Batman can think on the fly, so he could still win. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm going to say the Batman because he's really just a bit crazy underneath it all. That and like the other guy said, the Bats has a plan and backups for plans. Hell, he had a plan to neutralize the other members of the Justice League, arguably the most powerful people on Earth.

Besides poor Boba Fett would never see Bats coming...

Boba, he can see in the dark, has 360 vision in his helmet, you can't sneak up behind him. Hasn't anyone read "tales of the empire"? He sets traps within traps, and would just blindside batman, while he was at home paying bruce wayne. Thats the way he'd roll.

I don't think terrain would be too much of a factor, considering that they have done stuff in a variety of environments. That being said, if they know about eachother before the fight Batman has already won because he has a plan and a backup for the plan, and a backup for the backup, and the backup, for the backup, for the backup plan. If not then...well Batman can think on the fly, so he could still win.

Totally. I wouldn't been able to say it better myself. Go, go, Batman!

Boba Fett is the Batman of star wars. They both had their parents killed in a traumatic matter than turned them into who they became. They both live in a world full of super powerful demigods and manage to get by with guile, cunning, and a massive array of high tech gadgets. They both are absolutely awesome and BA.

I have too much respect for either character to pick a winner.

Boba Fett is the Batman of star wars. They both had their parents killed in a traumatic matter than turned them into who they became. They both live in a world full of super powerful demigods and manage to get by with guile, cunning, and a massive array of high tech gadgets. They both are absolutely awesome and BA.

I have too much respect for either character to pick a winner.

^This right here. I've been reading Batman since before I saw the Holiday Special. That said, I've been a Fett Fan since Empire Strikes Back, and can tell you that BOTH are the best detectives in their respective universes. Fett tracked the Falcon to Bespin by trajectory alone, called up Vader to give him the 411, and then he AND the Empire beat them to Cloud City.

Batman, on the other hand, has has solved cases of multiversal scope, and fought villains of probably an even higher caliber than Fett has. Both have fought superpowered beings, and both have emerged victorious.

The battle would be either extremely long or extremely short. I, however, refuse to choose a winner. It really could go either way.

Boba, he can see in the dark, has 360 vision in his helmet, you can't sneak up behind him. Hasn't anyone read "tales of the empire"? He sets traps within traps, and would just blindside batman, while he was at home paying bruce wayne. Thats the way he'd roll.

no he doesn't if he did he would have never been taken out by a blind Han Solo. I'm willing to bet Tales of the Empire isn't canon anymore.

Did it come out around the same time as Tales of the Bounty Hunters?

no he doesn't if he did he would have never been taken out by a blind Han Solo. I'm willing to bet Tales of the Empire isn't canon anymore.

Did it come out around the same time as Tales of the Bounty Hunters?

The best part is that Lucas never retconned The Bounty Hunter Wars, and it leaked out that his original screenplay for Episode VI had Fett climbing out of the Sarlacc pit at the end of the movie. That right there says it all. In C-Canon, Fett is alive. In G-Canon, since it was never retconned, and since UNPUBLISHED portions of screenplay are STILL considered G-Canon, Boba Fett is alive. All the Boba haters can chew on that one. :D

The best part is that Lucas never retconned The Bounty Hunter Wars, and it leaked out that his original screenplay for Episode VI had Fett climbing out of the Sarlacc pit at the end of the movie. That right there says it all. In C-Canon, Fett is alive. In G-Canon, since it was never retconned, and since UNPUBLISHED portions of screenplay are STILL considered G-Canon, Boba Fett is alive. All the Boba haters can chew on that one. :D

no that never happend. There was never a script where he cilmbed out. Also that is 100% untrue about unpublished portions of the script being G-canon. I dont know where you get that idea from.

You might have gotten it confused with filmed delted scenes are canon as long as they don't contradict the movies are g-canon. Such as the scene where Luke watches the attack on the princesses ship from tattoine and then talks to Biggs and his friends. But there is no G-canon scene of boba fett living.

But I will play along with you. Lets just say there is an unpublished screenplay that says boba fett crawled.

It wouldn't matter as The movie, the OFFICIAL script, the Novel, and GEORGE LUCAS all say he died.

edit: Oh also he did retcon Bounty Hunter Wars when they came out with the new canon system which states anything that breaks G-canon is not canon on any level. Boba Fett is dead so any story about him living is not canon.

George Lucas says everything after Return of the Jedi is not canon.

Edited by jarjarloves

no that never happend. There was never a script where he cilmbed out. Also that is 100% untrue about unpublished portions of the script being G-canon. I dont know where you get that idea from.

You might have gotten it confused with filmed delted scenes are canon as long as they don't contradict the movies are g-canon. Such as the scene where Luke watches the attack on the princesses ship from tattoine and then talks to Biggs and his friends. But there is no G-canon scene of boba fett living.

But I will play along with you. Lets just say there is an unpublished screenplay that says boba fett crawled.

It wouldn't matter as The movie, the OFFICIAL script, the Novel, and GEORGE LUCAS all say he died.

edit: Oh also he did retcon Bounty Hunter Wars when they came out with the new canon system which states anything that breaks G-canon is not canon on any level. Boba Fett is dead so any story about him living is not canon.

George Lucas says everything after Return of the Jedi is not canon.

I suggest you watch the commentary on the special edition OT, then. George decided not to have Fett climb out as a scene since it didn't fit with the end of Jedi being so cheerful and sweet and all that. And at no time did he retcon anything in the Bounty Hunter Wars, since the different levels of canon are there for a reason. G, T, C, and N. It hasn't changed, man. lol In fact, so far only a few things in the ExU have been declared completely N-Canon. Wookiee Force sensitivity being one of them. And even then, he didn't make it retroactive. So Lowie and any previous Wookiee Jedi still exist. Just no other Wookiees can become Jedi now.

Also, as long as nothing in the ExU DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS the Movies, it's considered either T or C Canon. Clone Wars is T-Canon, for example. Besides, if a character's survival had been Retconned, no further books would be written about that character being alive, unless they took place prior to his or her death. Read up on it. :)

I suggest you watch the commentary on the special edition OT, then. George decided not to have Fett climb out as a scene since it didn't fit with the end of Jedi being so cheerful and sweet and all that. And at no time did he retcon anything in the Bounty Hunter Wars, since the different levels of canon are there for a reason. G, T, C, and N. It hasn't changed, man. lol In fact, so far only a few things in the ExU have been declared completely N-Canon. Wookiee Force sensitivity being one of them. And even then, he didn't make it retroactive. So Lowie and any previous Wookiee Jedi still exist. Just no other Wookiees can become Jedi now.

Also, as long as nothing in the ExU DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS the Movies, it's considered either T or C Canon. Clone Wars is T-Canon, for example. Besides, if a character's survival had been Retconned, no further books would be written about that character being alive, unless they took place prior to his or her death. Read up on it. :)

Here is the exact quote from the DVD commentary

"In the case of Boba Fett's death, had I known he was gonna turn into such a popular character, I probably would've made it a little bit more exciting. Boba Fett was just another one of the minions, another one of the bounty hunters and badguys. But, he became such a favorite of everybody's that, for having such a small part, uh he had a very large presence. And now that his history has been told in the first trilogy, y'know, it makes it even more of a misstep that we wouldn't make more out of the event of his defeat, because most people don't believe he died anyway. I'd contemplated putting in that extra shot in where he climbs out of the hole, but y'know I figure that's . . . it doesn't quite fit, in the end."

Source: Return of the Jedi DVD Commentary, 33:01, 9/04

He still says Boba Fett is dead there. He talks about doing 2 things.

1. having him crawl out which wouldn't fit ( keep in mind George has no problem adding in scenes with Boba Fett to A New Hope and the extra scene during the Musical number in Jabba's Palace..... yeah Lucas thought a song and dance fit more then Boba fett escaping.)

2. Making his DEATH more exciting.

But he still says he dies

here is another quote from George about Boba

"I don't know why. [Laughs]. I'm mystified by it. He's a mysterious character. He's a provocative character. He seems like an all powerful character, except he gets killed. Although he's gotten killed, the people who write the books, and everything, and the comics say 'we can't kill him, we gotta bring him back, we can't let him die!'"

Source: MTV re: Boba Fett's popularity

and one more quote about it

Lucas reconsidered going back and glamorizing the death of bounty hunter Boba Fett, a secondary character who became a cult favorite. He considered "having Boba Fett survive and crawl out of the" mouth of the sand creature in Jedi. "But that doesn't quite fit in the end."

Source: USA Today, 9/04, interview with Mike Snider

now find me one quote where George says "Boba Fett doesn't die"

The Bounty Hunter Wars are not canon for several reasons.

1. Boba Fett survives - as we established G-canon states that he is dead

2. The entire Bounty Hunter History. - with the Clone Wars we are seeing an entire retcon of Boba Fetts backstory and how he met the other Bounty hunters and their individual stories.

3. Everything after ROTJ is not canon. - George Lucas said in an interview that everything that happens after ROTJ doesn't happen. Here is the exact quote

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

As for the Canon levels, yes I am well versed on them and one of the main points of C-canon is that for it to be canon it CAN NOT CONTRADICT G or T canon. Boba Fett surviving does this therefore it is not canon.

The only reason Boba Fett books are still being written is because they discovered any book that has Boba Fett on the cover sells far more then any other star wars book. So they keep making them but that doesn 't make it canon.

Just because it has the Lucas Films logo on it doesn't make it canon.

Is Star Tours in Disney World Canon???? No of course not.

The fight is entirely dependent on writers, if the awesomest goddess of the EU wrote the fight, Boba would cough and Batman would run off screaming. Otherwise one good Batarang hit should do it, then again since Batman is the king of exposition and deus ex machina use he probably has an Anti-Mandalorian spray somewhere in his utility belt.

Because Boba Fett totally isn't an old man by now or anything.

Also, as far as I remember he actually crawls out of the hole in one of the comics, then he get dumped back in with an entire sandcrawler on top of him, and he still comes back later. Personally I just find it amusing, he's this two dimensional character and yet everyone worked their asses off to give him a personality and background story, and at the same time they made him unkillable, which ruins any point of immersion.

Edited by Morticoccus

Boba appears alive in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The EU brings him back as surviving.

Either way, Bats still beats him handily.

that doesn't matter. Like I said before the EU has to fit in with G-canon to be considered canon.

The only way that Boba Fett living could be canon would be if George added a new scene in ROTJ where he lives OR if george lucas comes out and says Boba Fett did not die in the Sarlac pit.

Boba fett was also in Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi

That game was 100% made by Lucas Arts.

Jedi Acadamy wasn't made by Lucasarts AT ALL.