What other Sci-Fi universe would you like to see made into a game?

Halfadozen

I'm a big Science Fiction fan and read copious amounts of the stuff.

I was wondering what, other than Star Wars, you would like to see made into an MMO, or any game really.

I would love to see two particular backgrounds made into games:

1. Richard Morgan's Takeshi Kovacs. His depiction of a world where you can be "skinned" into a body - squeezed through the net or saved to disc could be a real winner in terms of a game.

2. Alastair Reynold's world of Revelation Space has a lot of potential. Real meat and bones Sci-Fi with a well thought out and "realistic" universe.

Any other universes that you'd like to see translated into games?

Edited by Halfadozen

I am a HUGE fan of Transformers and that lore. JAGEX is making a MOBA TFers game, but that is going to suck pretty bad. High Moon Studios did War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron and those are great single-player games. I would love to see an quality MMO set on Cybertron during the Cybertronian Wars.

Mass Effect Universe.

I would create a Turian Vanguard, minute one of Midnight launch, Collectors Edition.

Yes! I am sure you have seen the rumors. Fingers crossed!!!!!!

I will admit, the hope for a ME MMO is one (not the only, i do very much so enjoy the game) of the reasons I stick with this game.

I'd love to see Stargate Worlds become reality... but that company went bust and MGM doesn't seem to care about the Stargate franchise anymore... :(

^^^ I am a huge Stargate fan and would love for it to be a game that I could play. Oh, and how about a Farscape game while we are on the subject. :D

I'd love to see Stargate Worlds become reality... but that company went bust and MGM doesn't seem to care about the Stargate franchise anymore... :(

I got to alpha that, and the sfx alone made me so happy. But yes sadly it never took off, because the president of the company laundered money, I believe.

I was going to play as an Asgard, but they hadn't finished the character models for them. So you could play as a soldier, engineer, archaeologist and I think you could also play as the gou'ald, loyal jaffa and rebel jaffa. They had a cover based system (though still slightly buggy), as well, the archaeologist was meant to be a non-combative class, instead using diplomacy in the form of mini-puzzles to continue on. At the time though, archeologists too, were like the regular soldier class.

I think it would be neat to see basically anything from the futuristic-combat writings of David Drake. Anything that can encompass things like Hammer's Slammer's and The Tank Lords I think would be fantastic.

Although I'm afraid that if it were based on those storylines, the game would have to be M rated due to gore and whatnot....

Also, something like an updated version of Robotech/Macross type stuff would be cool IMO.

Fallout. To bad Bethesda sued Interplay, otherwise this MMO would have come to life :(.

Bethesda sued Interplay so THEY could make the Fallout MMO.

There is still going to be a Fallout MMO. Prolly will come right after TESO either fails or....

Nope, just end it right there. There is no or.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Dune. Set during Paul's 13-year jihad to consolidate his control over the Empire.

Bene Gesserit

Tleilaxu

Fremen

Sardukar

Atreides, Harkonnen and Corrino House Guards

"This Jihad spread throughout the entire galaxy, pillaging millions of planets. [...] According to Muad'Dub, conservative estimates ranked the Jihad's casualties as 61 billion lives, the sterilization of ninety planets, and the "demoralization" of five hundred additional worlds. Furthermore, 40 different religions were wiped out along with their followers. " (from Dune Wiki).

So many possibilities...