Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Whats the point?


Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
01.31.2020 , 10:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by HunterJoseph View Post
This thread needs way more attention.

I played SWTOR from day 1 up until about 2015 and I ran every op with an amazing raid team up until Shadow of Revan. At that point we just got burned out and everyone quit, then the disaster that was KoTFE and KoTET made me want to stay even further away from this game. So I hear that 6.0 made a lot of changes and here I am checking it all out.

So let me start out with this: I an a consular main. I have 4 sages (dps only cause I suck at healing) and 7 shadows (both tank and dps). this toons are for the specific purpose of having enough alts to run entire groups through full ops to get the gear they needed. It used to be that you could run DF and DP and get a full set of gear for a single toon, so I leveled enough shadows to fill a single tank spot and run people who didn't do prog raids through SM DF DP so that could at least get a set or gear. Ir was rewarding to help other people, and it was fun building comraderie among players.

So I come back in to 6.0... and I thought to myself... how am I going to gear all these shadows... turns out with this new gearing system, I was able to lvl one sage to 75 and get him to 306 in less than a week, send that gear to a shadow once they hit 75, and just have them geared in a day, next day another shadow, and so on. In about two weeks I have 11 toons in full 306 gear, and that includes tank and dps gear for all my shadows, an dI work a full time 40 hour job and only get 2-4 hours in the evenings and maybe 5 on the weekends, so it's not like this is me sitting in front of SWTOR for 16 hours a day grinding out toons and gear.

Now with that said, yes, gearing is super easy now. Was it fun and enjoyable to lvl and gear all those toons so fast? Absolutely not. it was the worst experience I have ever had in this game. It consisted of running more Hammer Station vet mode than I have ever run in my life. I did run an SnV, and I thought perfect, I will get the gear I need... nope... only the last boss dropped gear... I thought it was a bug at first, surely this cannot be right... why would anyone run any op if none of the bosses drop any gear, and the last boss only a chance to drop a gear piece??? So more vet hammer station... to infinity and beyond.

I mean honestly, did the devs really think that the player base would just run every random FP over and over, and not find the easiest quickest path? Do you not understand the player base that much? when you create content that forces the player to platform there way around a planet just to find a +2 endurance datacron that is hidden in some obscure location, do you really think those same players that accept that challenge to do things in odd and obscure ways are not going to do the same thing when it comes to gearing with this ridiculous system?

So yes, I agree with everyone else in this thread. This system is not it. I commend Bioware for trying something different, but this is not it. What I would have liked to have seen and what would have made more sense, is something along lines: Since every playable character had to spend 5 years in cryosleep due to the KoTET storyline, it would have made more sense to use that as more than just the lame story line that it was, but rather have your character actually be effected by that and introduce a whole new system with new skills, new sets, new individual story lines, new things to learn all over again; essentially rebooting the whole game, but that opportunity was missed, and now we have this **** storm to deal with.

Gear sets that are just meh... the old gear sets played into the actual skills and rotations of the class, these gear sets are more like ehhhh, you can use this one, but it's not that great, or you could use this other one but it's also not hat great... really you could use any of them because they are not that class specific... as a balance sage... why would I use force speed in order to buff my force skills??? 50% of my rotation is me standing still... throwing pebbles... telekenetic throw is THE highest damaging ability in the rotation... and you want me to use force speed ... so I can stand still... and get a dps boost from one channel of telekenetic throw??? Seriously... who came up with this crap? You're killing me Smalls!!!!

I get that people complained because they couldn't get the BIS gear from raid because they didn't have a raid group to run with that could get it, or someone in the pug group they joined left cause lockout and they couldn't finish it, or someone needed all of it and won it... well guess what? you actually already fixed that issue. The way gear drops now is nice... everyone has their drops... and only mats are rolled on... perfect... all you had to do was implement that, and bam, gear drops fixed. Now no one else can randomly roll on your gear piece that drops on a boss... and yeah sure, maybe you add in the random aspect too, so every time I run KP I don't get a drop that is just for me, maybe its a random chance, like greater than 50% chance, not a 0.00000001% chance on every boss. You make SM raids drop rate fairly high so pgs and casuals don't feel left out, but its lower lvl gear, BIS, but Tier 1 BIS, HM drops Tier 2 BIS, and NiM Teir 3 BIS, but HM and NiM are usual guaranteed drops, one per boss. If you want the better gear, you got to earn it, that is just how the world works. This participation trophy gearing is not it. it's not fun. it's not rewarding. it's not enjoyable. and it will not bring in more subscribers, do not fool yourselves or your stakeholders.
I mean, this is utterly ridiculous. You got 306 gear and you think you already have the best gear in the game.
I love this gearing system. I have never played so many of my toons. Playing specs i never thought id bother trying. Having fun doing whatever content i feel like and progressing my gear. Yes, because after ilvl you still got to get set bonuses, tacticals, augments and amps.

I will repeat. Some people are so engrained in the wow system they cannot fathom playing for fun, rather than a power carrot. Very sad.
With that said, i agree that exclusive cosmetics would be a good reward to make NiM more appealing, but i honestly really love this gearing system that gives me the freedom to do what i want rather than force me to raid X or Y. Never had so much fun in an mmo in a long time. I always got another toon to gear up or spec to try to add variety and flavor to what i feel like doing. Be it pvp or pve.
The only part that is boring is the vertical progression you do once. It kind of forces one to indeed spam FP's to keep up. That part wasnt fun and actually should be even easier cause the real gearing comes after that.

I will also tell you something. You miss being needed, cause running the same OP over and over with the same class sounds incredibly boring. I cant understand how you'd miss that. Now those people that you used to help are self suficient. You can focus on playing and doing whatever ops and role/class you want. This gearing system gives options, it doesnt take them away.

Darkchip's Avatar


Darkchip
01.31.2020 , 11:04 PM | #22
*sigh* i'm so sick of hearing the same argument of it's nice to get the best gear for doing next to nothing because that is all it bloody is, it's not i can get gear doing what i want it's i can get gear for doing the minimum amount of work to get it.

Tell me i'm wrong and explain to me why you think you should get the best gear in the game for doing anything other then the hardest content in the game that you need to gear to do. People say i don't understand why people think the WoW way is best, well i will answer that because not only is it not just the WoW it's the RPG way, you know the genre of game we are playing.

The whole point of a RPG is to lvl up then gear up your toon and you get that gear for overcoming challanges in this case OPS so that you can take on even harder challanges in the future, if you arn't doing OPS you don't need the bloody gear, the gear you get outta flashpoints, missions and crafting is more then enough to do all the content in the game besides Ranked PvP which has it's own progression path and OPS which has it's own progression path and rewards.

The reason why i am saying this is because it is becoming a trend that is not only hurting gameing but i honestly fear it could destory it as well, People are willing to spend money to skip content in Single player games now like WHY the challange was why we played game and now people seem to ether just forget that or not care because it's not what they want and don't give a rats *** about what other people enjoy just to please themselfs and that is what is happening to MMO's, Their are lots of people that work hard to get their BIS and deserve that gear and not only that if you ask them for help 95% of them would give advice and help, the amount of times i've seen people back in SoR that would help GF OPS groups learn the fights and help them with advice on their classes was honestly one of the best things i've seen in a MMO in a long time and that is gone now because they are gone with these changes.

This type of gearing system is both good and bad for multiable reasons but it is most bad.

The good: it is really quick.

The Bad: it devalues the gear, it makes doing harder content unapealing because you can get from anywhere, next to no one does OPS anyway, makes running outta content faster and causes burnout super fast.

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
02.01.2020 , 11:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkchip View Post
*sigh* i'm so sick of hearing the same argument of it's nice to get the best gear for doing next to nothing because that is all it bloody is, it's not i can get gear doing what i want it's i can get gear for doing the minimum amount of work to get it.

Tell me i'm wrong and explain to me why you think you should get the best gear in the game for doing anything other then the hardest content in the game that you need to gear to do. People say i don't understand why people think the WoW way is best, well i will answer that because not only is it not just the WoW it's the RPG way, you know the genre of game we are playing.

The whole point of a RPG is to lvl up then gear up your toon and you get that gear for overcoming challanges in this case OPS so that you can take on even harder challanges in the future, if you arn't doing OPS you don't need the bloody gear, the gear you get outta flashpoints, missions and crafting is more then enough to do all the content in the game besides Ranked PvP which has it's own progression path and OPS which has it's own progression path and rewards.

The reason why i am saying this is because it is becoming a trend that is not only hurting gameing but i honestly fear it could destory it as well, People are willing to spend money to skip content in Single player games now like WHY the challange was why we played game and now people seem to ether just forget that or not care because it's not what they want and don't give a rats *** about what other people enjoy just to please themselfs and that is what is happening to MMO's, Their are lots of people that work hard to get their BIS and deserve that gear and not only that if you ask them for help 95% of them would give advice and help, the amount of times i've seen people back in SoR that would help GF OPS groups learn the fights and help them with advice on their classes was honestly one of the best things i've seen in a MMO in a long time and that is gone now because they are gone with these changes.

This type of gearing system is both good and bad for multiable reasons but it is most bad.

The good: it is really quick.

The Bad: it devalues the gear, it makes doing harder content unapealing because you can get from anywhere, next to no one does OPS anyway, makes running outta content faster and causes burnout super fast.
" get the best gear for doing nothing". Completely false, as i pointed out before. The vertical progression is the easy part, the hard part comes after with getting the best augments, the best mods/enhancements, amps, set bonuses and tacticals. Easy for you cause maybe you exploited that credit box?

It's selfishness of the highest degree. What do you lose for letting other people have gear progression? Why do you think Operations should be the only challenge in the game and why do you think that dedication to a task can't yield rewards either? You think you are the only one entitled to progression and it can only happen in the way you want it to. Operations aren't even the hardest content in the game. PvP is. And in PvP you need the best gear or you get wrecked. But you want to do your operations and then come wreck other people in PvP cause reasons right? Or take your better gear and flex your e-peen? Skill determines your e-peen and wether you win fights at some point with this gear system. That is the way it should be. Besides, it's always been ridiculous for the hardest content to drop the hardest gear, because what will you need that gear for? You already beat the highest challenge, you obviously don't need it.

Take that entitlement to someone that cares. You want to do ops for your gear, go right ahead. You have that option. You don't have the option to deny others so you feel better about running them. This is not in fact hurting the game at all. It is engaging more people with the gearing system and progression, not forcing anyone into just one gameplay type they may not be looking to do. Instead it lets them focus on fun, on doing what they want and still have a progression path.
For you it has to be the exclusive ops power carrot or no deal. It is utterly close minded. No one is stopping you from playing the way you want, what entitles you to do that for other people? If you don't want to play for fun, then don't play. It means you were forcing yourself in order to get the carrot. I don't think you are a majority of any kind on this. Honestly, not even happy to have exclusive gear on Dxun, you need to have full exclusivity on gear. Honestly...

LD_Little_Dragon's Avatar


LD_Little_Dragon
02.01.2020 , 12:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkchip View Post
The whole point of a RPG is to lvl up then gear up your toon and you get that gear for overcoming challanges in this case OPS so that you can take on even harder challanges in the future, if you arn't doing OPS you don't need the bloody gear
I've always thought the whole point of an RPG was to have fun. Gear just makes it easier to do that.

I won't even get the whole PVP issue, although PVP is practically the only part of the game where you do need top-tier gear now thanks to the level sycning of most legacy content.

Not everyone is a Nim raider, or capable of being a NiM raider. Those are the players who do actually NEED the gear to do the harder content. If your reflexes a little too slow, you can't use voice, you can't find an elite team to run with (and team does matter, it's not all YOUR skill that lets you do NiM Ops), then at least you can get top-tier gear and be HM capable.

How does letting the less than perfect players dabble in harder content harm you?
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Darkchip's Avatar


Darkchip
02.01.2020 , 04:08 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
" get the best gear for doing nothing". Completely false, as i pointed out before. The vertical progression is the easy part, the hard part comes after with getting the best augments, the best mods/enhancements, amps, set bonuses and tacticals. Easy for you cause maybe you exploited that credit box?

It's selfishness of the highest degree. What do you lose for letting other people have gear progression? Why do you think Operations should be the only challenge in the game and why do you think that dedication to a task can't yield rewards either? You think you are the only one entitled to progression and it can only happen in the way you want it to. Operations aren't even the hardest content in the game. PvP is. And in PvP you need the best gear or you get wrecked. But you want to do your operations and then come wreck other people in PvP cause reasons right? Or take your better gear and flex your e-peen? Skill determines your e-peen and wether you win fights at some point with this gear system. That is the way it should be. Besides, it's always been ridiculous for the hardest content to drop the hardest gear, because what will you need that gear for? You already beat the highest challenge, you obviously don't need it.

Take that entitlement to someone that cares. You want to do ops for your gear, go right ahead. You have that option. You don't have the option to deny others so you feel better about running them. This is not in fact hurting the game at all. It is engaging more people with the gearing system and progression, not forcing anyone into just one gameplay type they may not be looking to do. Instead it lets them focus on fun, on doing what they want and still have a progression path.
For you it has to be the exclusive ops power carrot or no deal. It is utterly close minded. No one is stopping you from playing the way you want, what entitles you to do that for other people? If you don't want to play for fun, then don't play. It means you were forcing yourself in order to get the carrot. I don't think you are a majority of any kind on this. Honestly, not even happy to have exclusive gear on Dxun, you need to have full exclusivity on gear. Honestly...
As i said before the reason for you to get the best gear for doing nothing because you get it for bloody everything, beat a boss in a vet flash point heres 5 rng pieces of loot, beat a ops boss 5 pieces of the same loot, MM flashpoint 5 pieces of loot. You say i'm close minded and no one is stopping me from playing the way i want well guess what mate i can turn that right around no one was stopping you playing the way you wanted and again what does not having the best gear do to you nothing what did it do to me again nothing but you do know that ops wasn't the only way to get good gear was right? Crafters could RE mods and all that and learn the recipe and craft that gear and sell it so if you wanted the gear and didn't raid then you could of gotten it from the GTN or you could get the slightly less good crystal vender pieces instead and just transfer those to your old sets.

What do i get for letting other people get good loot nothing and i'm not saying REEEEEE THATS MY GOOD LOOT NOOOOOOOOES YOU CAN'T HAS IT, i don't give a rats *** what your gear is and i never did and if you read what i typed i only care about the health of the game long term and the OPS community, i don't do rated PvP anymore so i can't talk about that side of things but i can say that he OPS side is hurting, alot of people have left because their is no room for growth this everything scales and drops the same gear has killed alot of drive for people because other then Dxun their is nothing really new or worth doing with your guild over a pickup group and even pickup groups have changed.

It went from a place of wanting to actively learn how to do the OPS and learn your class to a place were it feels almost like their is always that 1 person that just wants to sabotageing the runs i've had about 3 groups that did that just this week, This game needs to sort it self out and tell everyone what it wants to be because as long as it keeps being this middle ground people will keep complaining, do i think everyone should progress yes and everyone has always had a path to progression be it OPS for the stright loot, PvP for their Expertise gear or even flashpoints and weekly quests for their vender crystals that gave nearly just as good gear as the OPS counterpart everyone had a path of progression and now their is no path of progression they are all just lumpped togeather, Could this be the best thing to happen to the game? Honestly i don't know i'm just hoping this doesn't have the same effect that WoW had when they opened M+ were it just damn well killed the Raiding side of things for most players because that is what i'm seeing now in this game that OPS is something that most players have just turned their noses up at because why do that when i can just do Red Reaper MM solo in less then 10mins and before you ask look it up people are doing this and it is insane.

Will you read this prob not because you seem to just lump me in with the closed minded ******s that just don't want to give out their shiny toys guess what you want them you can bloody have them i never gave 2 craps about keeping them exclusive you know how i said people used to help in the premade OPS groups yeah well i was one of them i helped alot of people learn the fights and their classes and i liked doing it, it helped people learn the OPS so hopefully they would do more which they did weekly even if it was just GF and people learned their classes which was good alround now you try and help people and most of them either just ignore you or tell you off, I love this game and want the best for it i just don't think this is the best way to do because all it ends up doing is funneling everyone to flashpoints which is what i see EVERYONE doing and you can just do it 24/7 if you have the time speeding up gearing way to fast.

Edit: also yeah no duh of course we play games to have fun but at the same time again we have challanges put in that we have to overcome to win, do we have to do them all no and me and meny others enjoy overcoming these challanges are they for everyone no but again they don't have to do it but at the same time the rewards for doing them is then outta reach for those people.

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
02.01.2020 , 10:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkchip View Post
As i said before the reason for you to get the best gear for doing nothing because you get it for bloody everything, beat a boss in a vet flash point heres 5 rng pieces of loot, beat a ops boss 5 pieces of the same loot, MM flashpoint 5 pieces of loot. You say i'm close minded and no one is stopping me from playing the way i want well guess what mate i can turn that right around no one was stopping you playing the way you wanted and again what does not having the best gear do to you nothing what did it do to me again nothing but you do know that ops wasn't the only way to get good gear was right? Crafters could RE mods and all that and learn the recipe and craft that gear and sell it so if you wanted the gear and didn't raid then you could of gotten it from the GTN or you could get the slightly less good crystal vender pieces instead and just transfer those to your old sets.

What do i get for letting other people get good loot nothing and i'm not saying REEEEEE THATS MY GOOD LOOT NOOOOOOOOES YOU CAN'T HAS IT, i don't give a rats *** what your gear is and i never did and if you read what i typed i only care about the health of the game long term and the OPS community, i don't do rated PvP anymore so i can't talk about that side of things but i can say that he OPS side is hurting, alot of people have left because their is no room for growth this everything scales and drops the same gear has killed alot of drive for people because other then Dxun their is nothing really new or worth doing with your guild over a pickup group and even pickup groups have changed.

It went from a place of wanting to actively learn how to do the OPS and learn your class to a place were it feels almost like their is always that 1 person that just wants to sabotageing the runs i've had about 3 groups that did that just this week, This game needs to sort it self out and tell everyone what it wants to be because as long as it keeps being this middle ground people will keep complaining, do i think everyone should progress yes and everyone has always had a path to progression be it OPS for the stright loot, PvP for their Expertise gear or even flashpoints and weekly quests for their vender crystals that gave nearly just as good gear as the OPS counterpart everyone had a path of progression and now their is no path of progression they are all just lumpped togeather, Could this be the best thing to happen to the game? Honestly i don't know i'm just hoping this doesn't have the same effect that WoW had when they opened M+ were it just damn well killed the Raiding side of things for most players because that is what i'm seeing now in this game that OPS is something that most players have just turned their noses up at because why do that when i can just do Red Reaper MM solo in less then 10mins and before you ask look it up people are doing this and it is insane.

Will you read this prob not because you seem to just lump me in with the closed minded ******s that just don't want to give out their shiny toys guess what you want them you can bloody have them i never gave 2 craps about keeping them exclusive you know how i said people used to help in the premade OPS groups yeah well i was one of them i helped alot of people learn the fights and their classes and i liked doing it, it helped people learn the OPS so hopefully they would do more which they did weekly even if it was just GF and people learned their classes which was good alround now you try and help people and most of them either just ignore you or tell you off, I love this game and want the best for it i just don't think this is the best way to do because all it ends up doing is funneling everyone to flashpoints which is what i see EVERYONE doing and you can just do it 24/7 if you have the time speeding up gearing way to fast.

Edit: also yeah no duh of course we play games to have fun but at the same time again we have challanges put in that we have to overcome to win, do we have to do them all no and me and meny others enjoy overcoming these challanges are they for everyone no but again they don't have to do it but at the same time the rewards for doing them is then outta reach for those people.
I understand what you mean, but has it ocurred to you that people move away from ops/raids cause they aren't as fun to them than say dungeons or pvp?
I do all kinds of content. I like to vary. I don't think forcing people to do something that they might not be able to do or dont enjoy to be able to progress their character is fun. I do think you still see this in WoW glasses where the shortest route to power is everything. It's an extremist view that that game employs and why features like housing are a laughing matter over there.

The game has to be fun for everyone and fun should always be the objective of games, not the shortest way to power.

With that said, ive got to correct some of the things you say. Ops and difficulty level increase the ammount of drops and quality of drops you get. It is not the same as running veteran flashpoint, for example. And as i mentioned Dxun has exclusive rewards too.

I think what needs to change is the way ops are delivered. I think people prefer pvp or FPs or dailies cause of lower commitment.
I do like what they have done with the group finder in putting 1 boss raids in there. That is exactly the solution to get more people raiding. It's to make it more acessible, not in difficulty but in commitment.

Also, i gotta say. This game went for years without a new OP and you think the raiding community is imploding now? Honestly, i don't think the solution is to force everyone back to doing ops if its clearly not what they want to do.

Darkchip's Avatar


Darkchip
02.02.2020 , 12:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
I understand what you mean, but has it ocurred to you that people move away from ops/raids cause they aren't as fun to them than say dungeons or pvp?
I do all kinds of content. I like to vary. I don't think forcing people to do something that they might not be able to do or dont enjoy to be able to progress their character is fun. I do think you still see this in WoW glasses where the shortest route to power is everything. It's an extremist view that that game employs and why features like housing are a laughing matter over there.

The game has to be fun for everyone and fun should always be the objective of games, not the shortest way to power.

With that said, ive got to correct some of the things you say. Ops and difficulty level increase the ammount of drops and quality of drops you get. It is not the same as running veteran flashpoint, for example. And as i mentioned Dxun has exclusive rewards too.

I think what needs to change is the way ops are delivered. I think people prefer pvp or FPs or dailies cause of lower commitment.
I do like what they have done with the group finder in putting 1 boss raids in there. That is exactly the solution to get more people raiding. It's to make it more acessible, not in difficulty but in commitment.

Also, i gotta say. This game went for years without a new OP and you think the raiding community is imploding now? Honestly, i don't think the solution is to force everyone back to doing ops if its clearly not what they want to do.
Oh no the community imploded ages ago after they announced KOTFE but alot of them came back after they announced that they were going to be bring back regular OPS again which is one of the things that brought me back well other then wanting to play with my mates and new xpax.

I do agree that yes everyone has differant ways to play and i also agree that putting the one raid bosses in the GF was a good idea as most people don't really do them that much even when they were current other then the golden laama because of the isotopes.

The states of MMO's in general is in a weird state and honestly the way they are doing it now is both confusing and worrying. I honestly just don't see the way that they have done it now to be good since it will have major player burnout with the contant rewards, Humans are programed to go the path of lease resistance when it comes to getting what we want, Players want gear and now we have a path to unlimited gear and i'm seeing people going crazy to get it hell i'm already lost alot of guildys because they have just gone crazy farming fragments and mods to get their BiS from flashpoints.

At least when it was sending us into OPS we could only do it once a week on a toon so we had down time to just derp around and have fun in, I love OPS and that was were i had the most fun the in game is that to say i don't like flashpoints not at all i love doing them but at the same time i know that doing what they did now isn't a good idea because well like i said people are getting burned out because they are farming them 24/7, What would i do if i was in charge well honestly i don't know i can see where you are coming from having more paths for gearing is good but it has to be done right or we get what we got now which is just a shower of gear.

Honestly i don't know the best path no one does because we all want differant things, i want the game to still be good and have people running alot of differant content so we don't get burned out but the thing is you can only do the same thing so meny times before it gets boring and i am near that limit, so meny hammer stations and red reaper and before you ask no i don't just have them selected i have all selected for the bonus everyone just wants to do them, I wish they would let us take a few off and still get the rewards i could take those 2 off in a heartbeat.

phalczen's Avatar


phalczen
02.02.2020 , 07:04 AM | #28
It was proposed, during PTS for 6.0, that they developers re-introduce the concept of tiers for flashpoints and operations. If you recall, this existed in 1.x and even in 2.x for a time ... For example, Kaon/Lost Island were considered tier 2 flashpoints in the 1.x era. Explosive Conflict and TFB were tier 2 ops during 1.x (yeah, TFB was originally a 1.x op that came out just before 2.0 and was re-scaled to 55 to fit with S&V).

I would support re-introducing the tiering with appropriate scaling of rewards to match the difficulty. I don't know that this would completely address your concerns, but I would tend to agree that harder content should more reliably award set boni and tacticals; mods with legendary-level amplifiers that make sense (i.e. no Force Sensitivity on Barrels and no Periodic Intensity on Resistive armorings); BiS item modifications like lethal 80R-2/3/5. It can be frustrating to do a vet mode hammer station and get a 306 optimized hilt, and do master mode Umbara and get 302 crap, or worse, the proverbial "slap in the face" of 306 A mods. Of course, I get plenty of that junk on vet mode too, I just have a better chance of getting a tactical from the master mode than I do the veteran.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Brisselio's Avatar


Brisselio
02.19.2020 , 06:16 AM | #29
I came back after a very long time away and saw that everyone just runs veteran flashpoints now for all their gear, it is rather disappointing it takes all purpose and reason out of doing operations and really gets rid of the endgame grind, I have absolutely no idea why they would do this outside of wanting casual players to be able to get the top end gear. It feels lackluster and doesn't feel like an accomplishment when you hit 306 and have all your gear perfected, which doesn't take very long it took me about a week and a half on my shadow to get it done. Now what am I supposed to do? Continue to run flashpoints and do conquest and make credits? If operations have no purpose and do not give better gear why should I bother to continue to sub? Giving everyone the top end gear for running flashpoints nonstop is not a solution to making everyone feel included, it cheapens the gear climb which this game had it pretty good back in 2.0 till about 4.0 it reduces it down to what can people do that requires the lowest level of coordination possible, I have always loved the operations in this game and was excited to come back and do them again but after this gearing process and getting to max so quickly it really took a lot of the fun out of it. Obviously this game has gotten a lot more casual over the years and has massively shifted towards that.

Jriggy's Avatar


Jriggy
02.21.2020 , 11:49 AM | #30
Unfortunately, BIS set piece for vanguard tank is only available in DXUN.
Use this link to get free items in game! You'll get a quick travel pass, 5 XP Boosts, an extra inventory model, and so much more! http://www.swtor.com/r/H6qH9J