Get rid of these stupid decimal point prices on the gtn; you are enabling scammers!!!

-Damask-

People have started putting up items for sale that are apparently the cheapest but in reality they are millions more expensive. The scam is possible because your stupid decimal point system makes the two prices look almost identical.

For example, there may be equalizers selling for 24,999.33 and then the scammer comes along and sells his for a 10 stack at 24,999,333 each, so the only thing different about the two prices is a single digit, and a barely visible comma instead of a period.

Due to your previous biofail in coding the gtn search features, the gtn of course does not remember your last sort preference, so every single time you search you have to re-hit the sort-by-price button and it randomly either sorts high to low or low to high. When you are buying hundreds of different mats at once it is very easy to accidentally click buy without noticing the extra digit. If I ever do this I will certainly be getting my money back through a ticket, but I really shouldn't have to do all that since it is your bug that allows this in the first place. Also I'm sure many people fall for this scam every day with out even realizing it.

Based on your retarded and laughable credit achievements, I know you think 10 mil is a lot, but as usual you probably base that off what your 12 year old kid was able to accomplish in a few months. You really need to stop developing this game for the worst class of player! Many players have a billion or more credits and thousands have 100mil or more. Why you don't put achievements for credits that are actually difficult to achieve I have no idea (10 mil can be made in a week easily through crafting or dailies on multiple toons and some people actually save their credits instead of acting like sniveling little gambling junkies and blowing them all on cartel packs full of worthless crap.)

So contrary to what you may think many people have enough credits to be robbed by these scammer thieves and they wouldn't keep listing these items week after week if someone weren't buying them.

You need to get rid of the stupid decimal point all together. There is no good reason for it whatsoever other than to trick people into spending millions of credits on scam items.

Edited by -Damask-

or people can learn the difference between a period and a comma when used in money... one separates dollars from cents and the later separates every 3 digits; after the thousandth, millionth, billionth, ect... i'm horrible with math and i know that... i haven't been scammed on the GTN yet, because of common sense... Edited by Elly_Dawn

or people can learn the difference between a period and a comma when used in money... one separates dollars from cents and the later separates every 3 digits; after the thousandth, millionth, billionth, ect... i'm horrible with math and i know that... i haven't been scammed on the GTN yet, because of common sense...

And THAT my dear, is exactly why this 'scam' works. They may be used like that in the US, their use is exactly the opposite in most of the EU...

Best is to totally ignore whether its a period or a comma and just look at the number of digits following whatever... if it's anything less than 3 then you're dealing with cents.

Edited by LeJarC

oh, icee, it's the Europeans having a problem with this, i wasn't aware it was reversed there, that kinda makes sense now... guess you're right the best way is to look for 2 or 3 digits after the period or comma... your solution is still common sense in any country... Edited by Elly_Dawn

Ah...this again. It seems like we can't go more than a few days without a new thread being made about this.

Regardless of your beliefs about people who deliberately take advantage of the way the prices look (which is a FAR fewer number than a lot of people who make these threads seem to think, and personally, I think it is abhorrant), it falls to the purchaser, NOT the seller to check their prices before deciding to buy.

Regardless of how careful you are, it is obvious that some people make mistakes, and will cry about it, just like people who sort by unit price and buy whole stacks of something they only wanted one of, or people who forget a 0 when listing something (list for 120k, instead of 1.2 mil).

Either way, you're posting in the wrong spot. No matter how valid you may believe your complaint may be, it is not a bug. This is the bug reports subforum, not the "change things I don't like" forum. That's suggestions, a little higher up on the list.

People have started putting up items for sale that are apparently the cheapest but in reality they are millions more expensive. The scam is possible because your stupid decimal point system makes the two prices look almost identical.

For example, there may be equalizers selling for 24,999.33 and then the scammer comes along and sells his for a 10 stack at 24,999,333 each, so the only thing different about the two prices is a single digit, and a barely visible comma instead of a period.

Due to your previous biofail in coding the gtn search features, the gtn of course does not remember your last sort preference, so every single time you search you have to re-hit the sort-by-price button and it randomly either sorts high to low or low to high. When you are buying hundreds of different mats at once it is very easy to accidentally click buy without noticing the extra digit. If I ever do this I will certainly be getting my money back through a ticket, but I really shouldn't have to do all that since it is your bug that allows this in the first place. Also I'm sure many people fall for this scam every day with out even realizing it.

Based on your retarded and laughable credit achievements, I know you think 10 mil is a lot, but as usual you probably base that off what your 12 year old kid was able to accomplish in a few months. You really need to stop developing this game for the worst class of player! Many players have a billion or more credits and thousands have 100mil or more. Why you don't put achievements for credits that are actually difficult to achieve I have no idea (10 mil can be made in a week easily through crafting or dailies on multiple toons and some people actually save their credits instead of acting like sniveling little gambling junkies and blowing them all on cartel packs full of worthless crap.)

So contrary to what you may think many people have enough credits to be robbed by these scammer thieves and they wouldn't keep listing these items week after week if someone weren't buying them.

You need to get rid of the stupid decimal point all together. There is no good reason for it whatsoever other than to trick people into spending millions of credits on scam items.

Pay attention then, it's the buyers responsibility, period.

If you see xxx,xxx,xxx it's obviously not a decimal point, and it's not a scam in any way.

comparing it to people swindling the elderly is just asinine, it's not even close to the same thing.

Clash Of The Cultures ...

One Culture taking advantage of another Culture ...

Not even close, mate.

Actually trying to conflate that with culture vs culture is not merely asinine --even by the utterly pathetic standards of the Entitlement Age we live in-- it borders on offensive (And I am not easily-offended. At all, just so it's clear).

I'm quite sure that the OP wasn't paying attention, and paid the price for it, if you'll pardon the expression.

Just as an aside, I do wonder that the "I'll double any amount of your money that you give me!" scam doesn't seem to be a thing in this game.

[cynicism[

I would think that it would be quite marvellously successful here!

[/cynicism]

Lesson hopefully learnt: Be more careful next time, OP.

Edited by midianlord