Why they stopped at 2PM

pblenis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BECAUSE PEOPLE GET OFF WORK AT 5 AND 90% OF THOSE WHO GOT EMAIL DIDN"T LOG ON TILL THEN.

Bioware actually used their head and not their NERD BRAIN

God in heaven stop with the QQing already.

Soon as people get off work people are also going to work. The whole world doesn't stop working all at one stop and start back up the next day.

Do you know how comical this excuse is? There have been numerous threads with screenshots showing servers no where close to full. This during prime time...

Which is a good thing, since people from guilds still need to get on those servers in future waves.. and people want to join up with their friends.. There's room on the initial servers brought up. And when they bring up moar servers, new groups will head to those and fill them up first.. And everyone playing today will be out of the starter worlds for those going in tomorrow. Excellent planning.

Now, is it frustrating to be sitting here, knowing there's room and we can't run? Sure. But that's no reason to flame and scream about it. That's what little kids do, toss tantrums. Understand why they're doing this, understand that it's better for everyone over the long run, suck it up and act like an adult. Find something else to do.. you'll be in very soon and none of this will have mattered and you'll be thankful for the better experience you'll have while you're actually playing.

For all my praise it does seem they did not invite nearly enough people today. Last I checked there was 1 full server and the rest were medium or light. Needless to say a lot more people could be playing right now.

And why are you assuming that Bioware WANTS the servers to be full?

This isn't a stress test......

Maybe it is their intention to NOT fill up the servers until launch. Have you ever thought about that?

Which is a good thing, since people from guilds still need to get on those servers in future waves.. and people want to join up with their friends.. There's room on the initial servers brought up. And when they bring up moar servers, new groups will head to those and fill them up first.. And everyone playing today will be out of the starter worlds for those going in tomorrow. Excellent planning.

You say its good that the servers are empty because people need to have room for friends... but the only way that is going happen is if they let those friends actually play.

Thats like saying its a good thing we only allowed 2/20 seats to be filled on this bus... that way more people will be able to ride it...

Maybe it is their intention to NOT fill up the servers until launch. Have you ever thought about that?

No because that would be a very bad PR move. If it's true, they would never say it. I dont expect every server to be full, but even 2 hours ago 3 out of 4 servers were standard population or less.

Edited by Aisar

Exactly, it's not a stress test so I'd be worry about the servers exploding come Dec 20th.

You say its good that the servers are empty because people need to have room for friends... but the only way that is going happen is if they let those friends actually play.

Thats like saying its a good thing we only allowed 2/20 seats to be filled on this bus... that way more people will be able to ride it...

The flaw in your logic is that you're acting like more people won't get in tomorrow. A few hundred thousand more. and a few hundred thousand more the next day. They have near 2 million people to get in over 3 days.. my guess is, they quit at 2pm because they were building more servers and running tests on them. I'd not be surprised if we see another 40 servers online tomorrow when they start that wave.

Do you know how comical this excuse is? There have been numerous threads with screenshots showing servers no where close to full. This during prime time...

Hence the not filling them in readiness for those people to jump on at 5pm. Wow, is it really that hard to understand? If they are inviting people that may not get on until later, and stopping early in readiness of that, it would make sense that pictures of servers will show not full, right? Don't worry little fella, big boy thoughts will come to you soon enough.

few things. 90% of ppl do NOT finish work at 5pm. this is so false it is amazing anyone still thinks that. sir, it is not the 1950s. wake up.

2nd, if these people work, as you say, they will NOT be on all night (your time, more on that in a sec) they will have work in the morning. so the servers will be very close to empty at say, 1am (your time) but heres the kicker:

this game is released in places other than your house. other than your state. other than your country. they missjudged. big time.

to all the complete morons on various threads tooting their own horn about pre-ordering early to ensure they got access on day one, STOP TELLING COMPLETE LIES. NOT A SINGLE PERSON ON THE PLANET KNEW THEY WERE DOING STAGGERED, FIRST IN FIRST SERVED LAUNCH. IT WAS NOT ANNOUNCED UNTIL NOVEMBER.!

So, to put it a little more dumbed down for ya, not a single player who is playing now preordered when they did to guarantee first day access. They did not know.

so, not getting in on day one sux, i wish i was playing, but SWTOR was bought by my best man as a wedding gift, and although he ordered his early, he ordered mine late. so it was out of my control and i just have to live with it.

i am jealous of those playing, but not angry at them, or bioware. i will say this though. this is a horrible way of doing a release. they have their reasons, and im sure they make perfect sense to them.

it is just kinda like having 3 kids, and telling them one gets to open presents on the 25th, the next on the 26th, next on the 27th. and it is based on a system they were not aware of until it was too late to put yourself at the start of the list.

sure, the kid who gets presents on the 25th is going to be SUPER HYPED and happy. sadly, as we have seen on these forums, many of the less mature ppl choose to rub it into the other siblings and mock them claiming they should have done something about the order they got gifts, even though they themselves had no say on it.

anyone with kids can understand the carnage that would cause. but heres something to remember. on the 25th, the other two kids would rant and rave and cry and whinge and claim they no longer want gifts and want theirs thrown out and they dont care etc etc. on the 26th, the next kid in line would be super hyped, and would gladly take his/her presents and never throw them out or anything. same with the 27th.

we are seeing this here again. ppl claiming they are canceling pre-orders, claiming ea will lose subs over this, and lose money. this is 100% false. no one will cancel thier pre-order. not one single person.

so, be angry with me. be upset with me. but for the love of god, stop trying to blame others for the situation.

WoW... Allot of people are ***** on here!!! So what if someone is QQ about not getting in you dont have to be immature and make them feel worse.. Your like those Little Brats who have something and rub it in peoples faces... So what you got in...... I can see why people are upset.. I think they should continue monitoring the servers and if its going good keep on sending invites through the days to get everyone in... But you guys really should not be ***** to people cause there qq not getting in, it does not make you any better!!!

few things. 90% of ppl do NOT finish work at 5pm. this is so false it is amazing anyone still thinks that. sir, it is not the 1950s. wake up.

2nd, if these people work, as you say, they will NOT be on all night (your time, more on that in a sec) they will have work in the morning. so the servers will be very close to empty at say, 1am (your time) but heres the kicker:

this game is released in places other than your house. other than your state. other than your country. they missjudged. big time.

to all the complete morons on various threads tooting their own horn about pre-ordering early to ensure they got access on day one, STOP TELLING COMPLETE LIES. NOT A SINGLE PERSON ON THE PLANET KNEW THEY WERE DOING STAGGERED, FIRST IN FIRST SERVED LAUNCH. IT WAS NOT ANNOUNCED UNTIL NOVEMBER.!

So, to put it a little more dumbed down for ya, not a single player who is playing now preordered when they did to guarantee first day access. They did not know.

so, not getting in on day one sux, i wish i was playing, but SWTOR was bought by my best man as a wedding gift, and although he ordered his early, he ordered mine late. so it was out of my control and i just have to live with it.

i am jealous of those playing, but not angry at them, or bioware. i will say this though. this is a horrible way of doing a release. they have their reasons, and im sure they make perfect sense to them.

it is just kinda like having 3 kids, and telling them one gets to open presents on the 25th, the next on the 26th, next on the 27th. and it is based on a system they were not aware of until it was too late to put yourself at the start of the list.

sure, the kid who gets presents on the 25th is going to be SUPER HYPED and happy. sadly, as we have seen on these forums, many of the less mature ppl choose to rub it into the other siblings and mock them claiming they should have done something about the order they got gifts, even though they themselves had no say on it.

anyone with kids can understand the carnage that would cause. but heres something to remember. on the 25th, the other two kids would rant and rave and cry and whinge and claim they no longer want gifts and want theirs thrown out and they dont care etc etc. on the 26th, the next kid in line would be super hyped, and would gladly take his/her presents and never throw them out or anything. same with the 27th.

we are seeing this here again. ppl claiming they are canceling pre-orders, claiming ea will lose subs over this, and lose money. this is 100% false. no one will cancel thier pre-order. not one single person.

so, be angry with me. be upset with me. but for the love of god, stop trying to blame others for the situation.

For some clarification: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=66561#edit66561

Hence the not filling them in readiness for those people to jump on at 5pm. Wow, is it really that hard to understand? If they are inviting people that may not get on until later, and stopping early in readiness of that, it would make sense that pictures of servers will show not full, right? Don't worry little fella, big boy thoughts will come to you soon enough.

So what you want me to believe is that Bioware, the company that knows exactly how many pre-order's they have and how many were let in, could not figure the numbers out?

You may be the little fella here. Remove your nose from nether regions and try using that brain of yours.

Now, is it frustrating to be sitting here, knowing there's room and we can't run? Sure. But that's no reason to flame and scream about it. That's what little kids do, toss tantrums. Understand why they're doing this, understand that it's better for everyone over the long run, suck it up and act like an adult. Find something else to do.. you'll be in very soon and none of this will have mattered and you'll be thankful for the better experience you'll have while you're actually playing.

Little kids accept what mommy and daddy say blindly also.

Edited by Doby