Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion: Bring back removed content aka NiM EV & KP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Suggestion: Bring back removed content aka NiM EV & KP

Deathclonegun
04.05.2018 , 08:47 PM | #11
As someone who hasnt done nim, clearing this would make me a nim raider. Or atleast provide some sick (hopefully) unbugged achievements.
Dreadmaster Nesrago carried from Beyond
Nesraga the non-redeemable 3rd floor Revanchist
Warstalker Damage the slayer of Fleet Chat Endgame
Dreadslayin GM of Social Outcast

Schwarzschilda
04.05.2018 , 11:42 PM | #12
I fully support this idea.

I think it’d be informative if a Dev could comment on the amount of effort that would be required to retool the old instances. It seems like the level sync system is already in place; it’d just be a matter of tuning the damage and health numbers which is something that seems to be done pretty frequently. But if it’s really as easy as it seems it should be, then I don’t see a good reason not to bring them back.

A couple of additional points I’d like to make:

- one of the hardest things about NiM raiding is getting over the hump from HM to NiM checks. Right now there aren’t really any good transitional operations; ToS/Rav have mechanics but not the correct tuning, GFTM mostly the same except more mechanics. But jumping from, say, Brontes HM to even Writhing Horror NiM is not easy. KP/EV could be a good place to have right checks but relatively few mechanics and would thus allow more people to get into NiM raiding
- the reason they were taken out of the game, to my understanding, was that they made gearing too easy. Well, that doesn’t really apply here since by the time you’re doing NiM operations the 246 gear they drop is pretty meaningless. Also, they could be made to drop fewer UCs so you don’t get as much gearing help from just grinding them
- Almost everyone I know would love to be able to get “The Infernal” and “The Unyielding” titles
The Starforce Legacy
Co-GM of <Lightning Masters> and <Pull Burn Profit> on The Harbinger
5/5 Rav HM 5/5 ToS HM 5/5 GFTM HM 26/26 NiM 5/5 Timed Post 5.0
Soräskye | Copernica | Cavendish Orion | Skyesora | Penrosa

LEBU
04.06.2018 , 03:23 AM | #13
great idea. 10/10 would play

Threjyan
04.06.2018 , 05:25 AM | #14
ev and kp in nightmare mode? an operation that changes nothing from hm except the higher hp of bosses?

me personally would prefer them to focus in new content not reusing/putting up live old assets - the operations dont change in nothing, except the hp part. if they were diferent, then yes i would agree, but just to have more hp - i dont think its interesting.

if its for achievemnts, well, i would also would like to have done conqueror of dread forest, but it was a one time thinggie.
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

wadecounty
04.06.2018 , 01:48 PM | #15
For the people who missed out on it when it was on tier, you missed nothing. As has been stated, if you just upped the HP and damage values of some bosses it'd be the same thing, and since the current HM versions have already been rebalanced to be on tier, who is to say they aren't as difficult as the old versions? If you could even rate it, since gear and abilities have all completely changed since then anyways.

Nah, this is a terrible idea, unless they want to go from the ground up and actually add mechanics for nightmare mode.

EDIT: It seems while there's like 10 yes's in this topic, its all people who never got to do it. Well, two responses. If you want to see what you missed, like I said, its nothing. There's literally no difference, and the balance of all ops is completely different now anyways. It plays exactly the same as its always played. If its for achievements, well that's a dumb reason because there's other missable achievements as well. I'd rather they delete the nim achievement anyways than waste time adding another mode to these ops that changes nothing.
Kandel - Juggernaut Leìf - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

KingFlabadingdon
04.06.2018 , 07:42 PM | #16
6.0 big money

100 million

ev kp nim

cant say more
It is what it is.

Maxitrac
04.07.2018 , 05:32 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
For the people who missed out on it when it was on tier, you missed nothing. As has been stated, if you just upped the HP and damage values of some bosses it'd be the same thing, and since the current HM versions have already been rebalanced to be on tier, who is to say they aren't as difficult as the old versions? If you could even rate it, since gear and abilities have all completely changed since then anyways.

Nah, this is a terrible idea, unless they want to go from the ground up and actually add mechanics for nightmare mode.

EDIT: It seems while there's like 10 yes's in this topic, its all people who never got to do it. Well, two responses. If you want to see what you missed, like I said, its nothing. There's literally no difference, and the balance of all ops is completely different now anyways. It plays exactly the same as its always played. If its for achievements, well that's a dumb reason because there's other missable achievements as well. I'd rather they delete the nim achievement anyways than waste time adding another mode to these ops that changes nothing.
But one thing is that everyone who didn’t do it before 4.0 are missing 9% of their ops completion. So they will never be able to get true 100% ops ever
26/26 Nim/MM 5.0 5/5 Gods pre 5.9
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <Aeon>

Exocor
04.07.2018 , 06:50 AM | #18
Do 16m HM with 8m, then you have NiM-DPS and HPS-numbers.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

wadecounty
04.07.2018 , 10:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
But one thing is that everyone who didn’t do it before 4.0 are missing 9% of their ops completion. So they will never be able to get true 100% ops ever
5char

Quote:
If its for achievements, well that's a dumb reason because there's other missable achievements as well. I'd rather they delete the nim achievement anyways than waste time adding another mode to these ops that changes nothing.
Kandel - Juggernaut Leìf - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

AlrikFassbauer
04.08.2018 , 03:59 AM | #20
Well, it could become "entry-level for NIMH raiders". But still : They'd have to align everything to level 70.

Apart from that, a guild member and me we both noticed in the last week that in our memory, both Karagga and Chamber were easier in former times ... Now, with everything aligned to level 70, both OPs have become harder for actually fresh beginners in raiding. I mean, we wiped within the corridors of Karagga with lots of beginners among our team (at least half of us if not more), but i don't remember doing so before at le vel 60 and before.

Chamber went through fairly quick, but we also had fewer fresh beginners in our team.

However, we both had the feeling as if for Newbies even in story mode, everything had become harder, even with at least 230 gear. And some in our guild really insist on EVERYONE actually having no less than 136 gear at the begin of SM OPs. I mean, there is Bolster, but it doesn't seem to help Newbies really that well, because everything is at level 790 now.

Karagga & Chamber at NIMH level could become "entry-level" for NIMH raiders, but still ... Experienced ones would farm it. Some would even laugh at that, I guess.

Quote: Originally Posted by Schwarzschilda View Post
A couple of additional points I’d like to make:

- one of the hardest things about NiM raiding is getting over the hump from HM to NiM checks. Right now there aren’t really any good transitional operations; ToS/Rav have mechanics but not the correct tuning, GFTM mostly the same except more mechanics. But jumping from, say, Brontes HM to even Writhing Horror NiM is not easy. KP/EV could be a good place to have right checks but relatively few mechanics and would thus allow more people to get into NiM raiding
I agree to that - as far as I can see it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
I don't believe that I'll EVER get cleared ALL Ops in every difficulty mode; I didn't do Conflict even in SM to this day. I only did it 3 or 4 times, but every time it was HM and one last NIMH run (of which I don't have the last boss entry).
So, even although I have those archived entries, I don't think I'll every get everything - and, well, that's just the way it is. I won't ever get a Rolls Royce, either.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.