If you could buff one defensive ability...

caravaggio

if I could only buff one?

Dodge needs to actually dodge everything. As it stands, Tech, Force, and even some physical get through (I've been hit by 3k hits from knights through dodge. Not sure what skills they are)

3 seconds is far too short for a skill that only blocks some things. It needs to either be 6 seconds, or remain 3 and dodge everything.

if I could only buff one?

Dodge needs to actually dodge everything. As it stands, Tech, Force, and even some physical get through (I've been hit by 3k hits from knights through dodge. Not sure what skills they are)

3 seconds is far too short for a skill that only blocks some things. It needs to either be 6 seconds, or remain 3 and dodge everything.

QFT. Dodge is so-so as is (nothing feels better than hitting dodge right before a rival sniper tries to blast your face off) but it doesn't feel like a proper defensive cooldown because I can still go splat really fast while it's popped.

Defence Screen needs to absorb at least twice or triple its current amount. Compared to the Sage's shield, which has a much shorter CD and absorbs more, it fails as a defensive ability.

Dodge needs to dodge everything.

Any ability that requires you to be in cover should automatically put you in cover.

Dot crits heal us would be nice.

Defence Screen needs to absorb at least twice or triple its current amount. Compared to the Sage's shield, which has a much shorter CD and absorbs more, it fails as a defensive ability.

Any ability that requires you to be in cover should automatically put you in cover.

For what it's worth, Defense Screen is free and does not use a GCD. As a Saboteur, I get great use out of it with my +30% and dual use via Sabotage

Make Dodge cleanse dots.

Not a bad idea...since we have no heals, force speed, combat stealth (at least short one like Marauder would be nice) to keep us alive. GS relies on group heals too much...it's usually a sad sad day if we get caugh in an open field trying to get to an objective...get DoT'd then hit a couple of times....and people just run away because they know we'll die from the DoT haha.

We're the softest glass canons in the game with the least amount of survivablity...and our only true single target DPS requires us to be rooted...good times :)

When I pop my Dodge I always go "WAHAAAARH you cant touch this!" then I die...
C'mon. It totally neutralizes Ravage/Master Strike, Unload/Full Auto, and more GS/Sniper abilities than you can shake a stick at. These are massive damage-dealers. It's hugely useful if you pay attention to situations.

I'd definitely like Pulse to time better.

C'mon. It totally neutralizes Ravage/Master Strike, Unload/Full Auto, and more GS/Sniper abilities than you can shake a stick at. These are massive damage-dealers. It's hugely useful if you pay attention to situations.

I'd definitely like Pulse to time better.

Using natural cover is a huge boost to avoidance as well, specially with ranged white damage.

ether a buff to dodge or cover screen would be nice. right now scrambling field is my first choice for def buff as its the most effective. i would like to save SF for situations where the group could use the buff as well but too often i blow it just to save myself....

If I could buff one? Increase dodge's duration by a since it only affects white damage.

Also re the skill that wasn't being affected by dodge, that's the Knight skill Riposte, it can't be dodged.

It would be nice if Defensive Screen absorbed more damage , or , I don't know , reduced incoming damage (like Reactive Shield) for a fixed amount. But I can live with that , I think of it as a low quality medpack :p

Other thing that would be really nice is Pulse Detonator not requiring cover or dropping you to cover instantly when you use the skill.

• 2 weeks later...

Natural. Cover. Needs. To. Affect. Tech. And. Force. Damage.

I have no words for how tired I am of being behind hard cover and being smacked with attacks that aren't kinetic/energy and having them just completely ignore the fact that I'm in cover like it's not even there. I know we're not supposed to be crazy durable, I'm not saying make it give us the cone of complete immunity to white damage if you don't pop your head out of cover, but damn some damage reduction, like 15% or 20% would be nice. Same as we get to defense against ranged attacks in "soft" cover (the holoshield)

I am sab spec, and I feel like I am actually right where I want to be as far as defensive cooldowns, coupled with a good tank or healer I feel invincible. 6% less damage taken while in cover, 30% more damage absorbed by cover screen, pop sabotage, use cover screen again, yummy throw in a dodge and scrambling field. I can hold my ground for quite awhile without any heals/tank. I joke with hubby because I lasted like a minute against sorno when our tank went down and he is a vig guardian who tried to go into sorezu and taunt the boss, but was one shot. (I am sure he was hit by a more powerful ability, it was just funny to watch.

I suppose if I could buff one, I would say dodge, since I don't seem to use it a lot right now. I would say, make it last longer or make it dodge yellow damage too.

And what I would really like is for my tool tip to tell me how much damage cover screen absorbs, I don't really feel like it needs a buff, but I do have it talented, but I honestly don't know how much damage it absorbs

And what I would really like is for my tool tip to tell me how much damage cover screen absorbs, I don't really feel like it needs a buff, but I do have it talented, but I honestly don't know how much damage it absorbs

Well if you check out the tor link,

http://www.torhead.com/ability/aERBMbN/defense-screen#classes

and click that little button labeled "effect details" you can see what goes into the calculation

What we come to, if you want to be able to plug it into a simple equation, is this:

(Healing Coefficient * Healing Bonus) + (StandardHealth%Max * StandardHealth) = amount absorbed

As the ability states,

Healing coefficient for this ability is 2.59

Standard health Percent is .13

The standard health for a level 50 is 7085 according to sithwarrior

For example, My unbuffed guy is 712 power, 1224 tech power, 2035 cunning which makes the healing bonus 329.1

So

(2.59*329.1) + (.13*7085)

which is

(852.369) + (921.05) = 1773.419

Or in my PVP gear

With 593 power, 1635 cunning, 1261 tech power, the healing bonus is 315.2

(2.59*315.2) + (.13*7085)

(816.368) + (921.05) = 1737.418

If I get the sage and knight buff in PVP

593 power, 1710 cunning, 1261 tech power, coming to 330.9 bonus healing

(2.59*330.9) + (.13*7085)

(857.031) + (921.05) = 1778.081

If I get the sage and knight buff in PVE

712 power, 2128 cunning, 1224 tech power, coming to 345.6 bonus healing

(2.59*345.6) + (.13*7085)

(895.104) + (921.05) = 1816.154

So if you add the 30% talent costing two points in the Saboteur tree, we get these modified amounts

PVP unbuffed = (1737.418)*(1.3) = 2258.6

PVP buffed = (1778.081)*(1.3) = 2311.5

PVE unbuffed = (1773.419)*(1.3) = 2305.5

PVE buffed = (1816.154)*(1.3) = 2361.0

That's a bit disappointing that the difference between 400 cunning and 119 power between pvp unbuffed and pve buffed is only 102.4 extra damage absorbed If I get the 30% talent. It makes the skill essentially reliant on getting hotwired defenses if you want to boost it at all. If you use sabotage that's another 2200 hp to throw in. It seems this is far more useful for PVP though, not PVE. That's my opinion though. If anybody finds any fault with my math, feel free to bash me. I make mistakes.

But if this is correct, it seems like a bit of a weak skill in general unless you are saboteur. For example, the Inquisitor's shield (static barrier) has a healing power coefficient of 3.27, not 2.59. There's is also on a 20s cooldown, not 45s. That gives them roughly 3k hp to absorb. We need to use 2 spec points to get ours to 2200. They can also increase theirs by 20% in the middle tree on the second tier (our 30% is on the 5th tier) increase movement speed of the person by 20% in the first tree on the third tier, and an ability to make it explode and mez people around them when it goes down for 3 seconds in the third tree fourth tier.

I'd like to see more options for our primary defense skills, that's for sure. As it is, using dodge at the right time will protect you from FAR more damage than defense screen every will. Or even scrambling field.

Edited by ZDProletariat

/sign