Will Flashpoints be worth doing in KOTFE?

ever since ROTHC Hard Mode Flashpoints have been a bit underwhelming as far as rewards go. With just about every flashpoint ever having a level 65 hard mode starting next week does anyone know if they'll get a boost or incentive to do them again other than getting random vendor gear with mediocre/unbalanced stats?

Possibly. Mind you that in SoR HM flashpoints werent entirely useless, you could get optimized 192 enhancements from them. (which are better than the elite/ultimate vendor gear enhancements)

And 192 armorings I guess, altough those are only useful if you dont have a set bonus in that particular slot.

Yeah, balanced enhancements. A reward not worth the time and effort if you ask me. The server that I'm on getting GF pops as a DPS is just plain silly. Not to mention if you pug and actually get people that understand mechanics. I just hope there's more incentive now. Edited by Randolo_Birnelli

This is more of a guess than anything else, but based off of this post by Musco:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8507743#edit8507743

There are two gear ranges not mentioned, which are rating 208 and 212. So perhaps:

208 is obtained with whatever "basic commendations" translates into, and

212 drops from HM FPs, followed by

216 from SM ops

220 from HM ops

224 from "High-Priority Target" ops

IMO it should be like it was at launch, last boss of HM FP should give same token piece like every SM boss. This way you can do FPs to get missing pieces.

As it is now, its likely you will be able to bypass all gear below SM Ops as these will be bolstered and probably easy to do, so even old 190+ might be enough for them...

Edited by Arunas

IMO it should be like it was at launch, last boss of HM FP should give same token piece like every SM boss. This way you can do FPs to get missing pieces.

As it is now, its likely you will be able to bypass all gear below SM Ops as these will be bolstered and probably easy to do, so even old 190+ might be enough for them...

He's got a good idea. Especially with bolster happening in ops, and having more at level ops than ever. If HM FP's can't be used to fill in gaps that you don't get from drops in ops. Then there is almost no point in doing HM FP's. It's not even like I can use the gear for companions anymore.

I really hope they are worth doing both in challenge and rewards. I am a bit worried about bolster and the 50-65 level range. I mean those 50s are lacking some really nice abilities. Also, imagine all the instant new level 60 pug players who will que up.

Are these flashpoints really going to be hard? Or, will they be just a step above tacticals? One of my first priorities when the expansion hits is to get a guild group together to take on first boss of Blood Hunt just to see if its still a challenge.

This is more of a guess than anything else, but based off of this post by Musco:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8507743#edit8507743

There are two gear ranges not mentioned, which are rating 208 and 212. So perhaps:

208 is obtained with whatever "basic commendations" translates into, and

212 drops from HM FPs, followed by

216 from SM ops

220 from HM ops

224 from "High-Priority Target" ops

Do we know what the highest rating mod vendor will be, and how much they'll cost? Like, we have 172 max from a vendor now, at 2 comms per part.

Or at least they should make it possible to get the armorings, like how it used to be possible to buy Campaign armorings (with set bonus) for comms. Maybe make the armorings purchasable for a token that drops 50% of the time from final and bonus bosses of HM FPs. That way you can get the set bonus equivalent to SM Ops gear from HM FPs, but still have to raid if you want the optimized mods and enhancements.

Do we know what the highest rating mod vendor will be, and how much they'll cost? Like, we have 172 max from a vendor now, at 2 comms per part.

Nope. No details from devs.

We'll find out on Tuesday.

Edited by Khevar