(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

ZionHalcyon

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had an issue with not being able to summon Kira and Scourge from the companions window after finishing the epilogue? I did all the conversations with them but I don't even see them in my contacts window now...

I've had a consistent issue with not being able to summon anyone.

I couldn't summon Jakarro for any of the quests I was supposed to be with him.

I can't even seem to do the epilogue?

I won't lie, I was very disappointed to see that Onderon, the planet that had been hyped up for so long, was ultimately just another pit stop planet that you spend an hour at most on, if you're playing casually. I was really hoping to see something that'd tell me that Bioware's getting more funding, or that there is a bigger backing considering the hype for Star Wars in general rising due to the movies.

Had the story been longer, I would've said 'Yes, this is a new expac'. Instead, it just feels like a large content patch that reworked some stuff. I hope that more content comes out sooner rather than later.

Also, this isn't story related but hot damn do I dislike the Force Charge changes for warriors. >:(

Also Part TWO! **** YES I love Scourge and Kira!!! Their armor sets are amazing and I am so jealous that I can't get it. Their story is cool, and when I play with Scourge as my companion, I really feel as though I have a powerful Sith at my side, like when you take Malgus or Marr with you through those missions and immediately lose them.

I've had a consistent issue with not being able to summon anyone.

I couldn't summon Jakarro for any of the quests I was supposed to be with him.

I can't even seem to do the epilogue?

Do you have a mission from KOTFE or KOTET open by chance? Same thing happened when Ossus first came out.

Onderon is nice, Mek-Sha is nice. Outside of these, the only interesting aspect of the expansion is the Kira/Scourge epilogue. I'm honestly stunned at just how creatively bankrupt, banal, unintriguing and boring the story of Onslaught was. "Fleet going to defend/take Corellia". That's literally it. All headlined by same-old-same-old Malgus. Half of the time playing the expansion I had deja vu of vanilla content I already beat 8 years ago.

Say what you want about the execution of KOTFEET, the Valkorion part in particular, but in comparsion to Onslaught, that story was a tsunami of fresh ideas, massive cast of surprising characters, new cultures & civilizations, unexpected developements, twists & turns, intrigues, mysteries, etc.

Seriously Bioware? "Rehashed Malgus Imp vs Rep plot of the day" is your idea of SWTOR's story going forward? You CANNOT blame me for expecting more from professional writers

Sorry it wasn't to your tastes, but this is a case where the writers can't win.

See, most of us WANTED the Sith War back. All your KotFE/ET ideas you love crapped all over the vanilla story and drove away a TON of players who felt their personal class story just got crapped on for the last time.

So, YOU may not like it, but this was a course correct made on behalf of a LOT more people who don't share your opinion on revisiting the Republic-Sith War.

The one thing I will agree on - it was short-ish. We got these new planets; we could have spend a little more time there.

But one thing they mentioned in the article in March for under the hood - they were working on the engine and DYN placements to allow them to push content out quicker. If they somehow have achieved this or are close to it, I can accept a smaller story for now in preparation for more content more often (meaning BioWare abandons their previously held business ideal of "people can leave and just come back when there is content" and instead work on getting regular content and story out), especially given the sheer number of systems overhauled in this update.

Make no mistake - this was a "groundwork" update that fundamentally changed a few systems. Now these systems can be fleshed out from here and built on, which hopefully means over the next year, the team can shift gears once the systems are "complete" to more content creation and less system overhaul.

I think the story was good. Maybe a little too short and was glad to see Jakkuu (/sp?) again and glad he winded up being a companion. Only thing would have made it better is if I could have had the padawan (Arn?, I believe) as a companion for my Jedi. I am not one that really cares about companions but I liked the padawan.

I also like how at the end of the story (after the fp) you are given a choice to rejoin the Republic or stay independent with the alliance. I think that was a good idea . For my Jedi she did rejoin the Republic, the rest I will wait and see especially those that were saboteurs.

Edited by casirabit

I won't lie, I was very disappointed to see that Onderon, the planet that had been hyped up for so long, was ultimately just another pit stop planet that you spend an hour at most on, if you're playing casually. I was really hoping to see something that'd tell me that Bioware's getting more funding, or that there is a bigger backing considering the hype for Star Wars in general rising due to the movies.

Had the story been longer, I would've said 'Yes, this is a new expac'. Instead, it just feels like a large content patch that reworked some stuff. I hope that more content comes out sooner rather than later.

Also, this isn't story related but hot damn do I dislike the Force Charge changes for warriors. >:(

Also Part TWO! **** YES I love Scourge and Kira!!! Their armor sets are amazing and I am so jealous that I can't get it. Their story is cool, and when I play with Scourge as my companion, I really feel as though I have a powerful Sith at my side, like when you take Malgus or Marr with you through those missions and immediately lose them.

Don't overlook just how much work it actually took to "rework stuff".

Most people wouldn't notice, but I picked up on a lot of "under the hood" improvements that went into this. Lighting for instance is extremely improved, and there are other signs that the engine is being worked on.

What all this means I am not sure, other than an incredible amount of work went into what they already did from an engine perspective. The bastardized alpha hero engine they had been working with was a major headache, and there was little effort made to improve it since launch.

Since Keith, I can tell now they have done a TON to that engine. As much as we all want new content, the best way to get it in the long term is to finally get the engine to a spot where they can automate generating content as much as possible, vs having to worry that one change will mess up about 500 different things that they had no idea were even connected.

Despite the current bugs, overall this has been one of the lesser buggy launches too, which also speaks to the engine work they are doing.

This was Keith's big debut. I love the reverence to the vanilla story, I can see the systems we got put in as a starting point (rather than a finished product) that can be fleshed out over the next year to make them more player-friendly, and I like the direction of the game now, having actually played it and gone into it without a preconceived notion (vs some people who even before the expansion launched acted like they were slobbering at the mouth for the chance to rip on it once it went live). The negatives people were afraid of weren't that bad, and the positives ended up being very good. Story was short, but impactful.

I'd give Keith a solid B on his first real expansion.

Has anyone played through it as a traitor yet? Is anything different?

I played through as a loyal Imperial and I had several options to pick choices that were clearly not in the Empire’s interest. Are traitor characters the same but expected to pick these, or does the traitor thing actually come into play?

So, do old class LIs get anything at all?

How different are the saboteur stories?

I played through as an Imperial Agent saboteur.

There was 0 content for Vector, which was disappointing. Not sure about the other class LIs, but likely the same.

I enjoyed the saboteur part, especially as my pc was an agent. Probably the general story was the same, but you could make everything fail and then blame it all on Malgus. :D

Has anyone played through it as a traitor yet? Is anything different?

I played through as a loyal Imperial and I had several options to pick choices that were clearly not in the Empire’s interest. Are traitor characters the same but expected to pick these, or does the traitor thing actually come into play?

There are [saboteur] dialogue choices that make the mission fail for the Empire. You also meet with Jonas at the end, and he gives you a brief teaser for a new mission (which is to be continued).

I also like how at the end of the story (after the fp) you are given a choice to rejoin the Republic or stay independent with the alliance. I think that was a good idea . For my Jedi she did rejoin the Republic, the rest I will wait and see especially those that were saboteurs.

For my saboteur I picked working for the emperor, thinking that the pc was lying but trying to get on the emperor's good side. Hopefully that is what it meant!

Edited by Ciarayn

I can't decide if my Imp Saboteurs would be better off sticking with the Alliance or returning to the Empire so they can do more damage on the inside. I haven't reached that point yet so I don't know if Jonas says anything beforehand, but I'd rather stick with the Alliance unless that'd mess up my Saboteur opportunities in the future. :confused:

shortest expansión if this can be called that at all..... i mean this barely have more content than 2 chapters of kotfe, the story is kinda weak and at times boring . There is almost to nothing in content wise, after playing expansións like revans, kotfe, kotet this really seems dissapointing to say the least.

what a shame considering i like the new worlds.

Sorry it wasn't to your tastes, but this is a case where the writers can't win.

See, most of us WANTED the Sith War back. All your KotFE/ET ideas you love crapped all over the vanilla story and drove away a TON of players who felt their personal class story just got crapped on for the last time.

So, YOU may not like it, but this was a course correct made on behalf of a LOT more people who don't share your opinion on revisiting the Republic-Sith War.

Wanting Imp vs Rep back is completly different from having a plot that is boring, banal and void of interesting ideas and turn of events. Don't try to confuse the two. Valkorion stuff in KOTFEET wasn't up my taste either but I recognize a ton of work that went into making it grand, suspenful, mysterious, unexpected etc. Going back to Imp vs Rep could've been the same. Malgus' return could've been presented in a new and exciting light. Nothing like that. Just because you're happy to get Imp vs Rep back doesn't mean we should all settle for such low-effort job on the writing part of it.

But one thing they mentioned in the article in March for under the hood - they were working on the engine and DYN placements to allow them to push content out quicker. If they somehow have achieved this or are close to it, I can accept a smaller story for now in preparation for more content more often (meaning BioWare abandons their previously held business ideal of "people can leave and just come back when there is content" and instead work on getting regular content and story out), especially given the sheer number of systems overhauled in this update.

Make no mistake - this was a "groundwork" update that fundamentally changed a few systems. Now these systems can be fleshed out from here and built on, which hopefully means over the next year, the team can shift gears once the systems are "complete" to more content creation and less system overhaul.

And this part is just nothing but rose-colored wishful thinking. Past 3 years seen the least content the game ever got. AGING game. You do remember it's 8 years old now? And the population keeps getting smaller and smaller? Just as EA's interest in expanding it? You're making up excuses and unsubstained claims how we're gonna get so much more content so much faster now.

Edited by Pietrastor

so, i decided to keep my Alliance, what are the differences if i rejoin my old faction?

Unknown yet. If you join the Republic, you transform the Alliance into a taskforce and lead it. Your mission is similar to, if you keep the Alliance, which is searching for jedi or something.

The decision to merge into the Empire or stay as an ally was an interesting one...but, it's the sort of thing I would've wanted to discuss with the likes of Lana and Theron because I already knew Theron was going to be upset as it was. I could well imagine that Theron might leave if you choose to rejoin the Empire.

I also have no idea how that choice works out for your Odessen base and the people who are there. Still, as I do like Acina but don't trust her at all, I felt it best to stay as an ally rather than become part of the Empire again, but also because I offered Malora a place in the Alliance if she wanted and that's kind of hard to do if the Alliance is no more. Personally I would normally have wanted to choose to rejoin the Empire but I do like the independence I have. Still stupid to be called Commander but if that's what it takes to be my own boss I guess that's alright then.

However, there is something that really annoyed me that you could call a bug or an oversight but there is the option to kill Vowrawn and his sidekick. This actually works. However, I still got a mail from him commenting no the victory as if he was still alive and when you talk to Acina in the end he also makes a comment. His body's not there but the convo still is.

That's just a rather unfortunate oversight.

The decision to merge into the Empire or stay as an ally was an interesting one...but, it's the sort of thing I would've wanted to discuss with the likes of Lana and Theron because I already knew Theron was going to be upset as it was. I could well imagine that Theron might leave if you choose to rejoin the Empire.

I also have no idea how that choice works out for your Odessen base and the people who are there. Still, as I do like Acina but don't trust her at all, I felt it best to stay as an ally rather than become part of the Empire again, but also because I offered Malora a place in the Alliance if she wanted and that's kind of hard to do if the Alliance is no more. Personally I would normally have wanted to choose to rejoin the Empire but I do like the independence I have. Still stupid to be called Commander but if that's what it takes to be my own boss I guess that's alright then.

However, there is something that really annoyed me that you could call a bug or an oversight but there is the option to kill Vowrawn and his sidekick. This actually works. However, I still got a mail from him commenting no the victory as if he was still alive and when you talk to Acina in the end he also makes a comment. His body's not there but the convo still is.

That's just a rather unfortunate oversight.

you dont like being called Commander? well at least you arent a Agent, i got promoted from Commander to Commander

oh, and considering his history Theron has absolutely no right to be upset, he lost any moral high ground a long time ago ;)

Edited by RakiaTime

From the perspective of an Imp player--I didn't even hesitate to choose to keep my Alliance. I was given the choice of that or rejoin the Empire as the Wrath blah blah--again. It makes zero sense to take such a massive step backwards. Your character (esp. Force-users) are basically living gods at this point, who have slain other gods. The Emperor consumed the life force of an entire planet, and you put a beatdown on him AND his family. Why in the world would ANYone ever decide to be a puppet lackey for some Empress that you should be able to kill with a flick of the wrist at this point? The only REAL other option at this point would be just backhanding the Empress off YOUR rightful throne.

From the perspective of an Imp player--I didn't even hesitate to choose to keep my Alliance. I was given the choice of that or rejoin the Empire as the Wrath blah blah--again. It makes zero sense to take such a massive step backwards. Your character (esp. Force-users) are basically living gods at this point, who have slain other gods. The Emperor consumed the life force of an entire planet, and you put a beatdown on him AND his family. Why in the world would ANYone ever decide to be a puppet lackey for some Empress that you should be able to kill with a flick of the wrist at this point? The only REAL other option at this point would be just backhanding the Empress off YOUR rightful throne.

I felt much the same, and it also made me realise they've kind of written themselves into a corner in that regard. In the case of a Sith warrior or inquisitor, your character's power level is so ridiculously high at this point that doing it justice and still telling a believable and appropriate story will be very hard. My main SW, who's predominantly light side, was fine with maintaining his Alliance alongside Acina's empire and wouldn't need people to grovel at his feet in awe of his power, but in story content to come we'll be back to doing the dirty work for the faction of our choosing, which really does not feel very appropriate for what's most likely the most powerful individual in the galaxy.

You know not everyone is you right? For me the one thing ive absolutely hated about this game so far is how powerful my characters became and given the dialogue options i tried to downplay it as much as possible, for me this feels like a step in the right direction

i was disappointed at first, but then i realised that i only payed 13bucks for that, so... what did i expect xD

going to play some missions, maybe get through it a second time, and just in general use the month to get some SW, until its over, and it goes into the bin again! ;(

yes, im no endgame/raid/PvP or overall MMO SWTOR player. i play this like a KotOR 3 ^^

so thats why i was shocked at first.

hope they dont wait another year+ for some disappointing little update! they have the WHOLE SW universe to play with...

man, too bad disney+EA are ruining our SW experience like they own it.... ;X f-ing masochists!

fallen jedi is going to be bad too btw. its a lame unreal engine tech demo with some SW chars in it you have to get rid in boring arena style levels... *yawn* (for 60$!!!! ***?)

btt: i play an imp agent as main most of the time, and i choose to get back to them, because... the chance to be keeper, and have the whole intelligence network at my disposal and to only have the Empress ontop of me *cough* *cough* to explain myself to, and to have imp resources plus my own i aquired over the past years, it was a no brainer :D

if i want, i can do whatever i want, undermine the whole thing, overtake the imps, play Empress myself, fun stuff! xD

Edited by Amooks

Wanting Imp vs Rep back is completly different from having a plot that is boring, banal and void of interesting ideas and turn of events. Don't try to confuse the two. Valkorion stuff in KOTFEET wasn't up my taste either but I recognize a ton of work that went into making it grand, suspenful, mysterious, unexpected etc. Going back to Imp vs Rep could've been the same. Malgus' return could've been presented in a new and exciting light. Nothing like that. Just because you're happy to get Imp vs Rep back doesn't mean we should all settle for such low-effort job on the writing part of it.

And this part is just nothing but rose-colored wishful thinking. Past 3 years seen the least content the game ever got. AGING game. You do remember it's 8 years old now? And the population keeps getting smaller and smaller? Just as EA's interest in expanding it? You're making up excuses and unsubstained claims how we're gonna get so much more content so much faster now.

Wishful thinking huh? Well, when I log in oh, there's an awful lot of wishful thinking that showing up in my screen that I can interact with. there's also an awful lot of wishful thinking that seems to perform a lot better than it used to give in that I have played the game since launch.

It really isn't wishful thinking if it's actually in the game dude....

You know not everyone is you right? For me the one thing ive absolutely hated about this game so far is how powerful my characters became and given the dialogue options i tried to downplay it as much as possible, for me this feels like a step in the right direction

I kind of see both sides.

Tell you my bounty hunter feels out of place running an alliance. He never signed up for that. He just got swept up into it.

Chance to ditch the gig and go back to bounty hunting? Take that all day long. I guess I'll see if I get that option.

I've played as a loyal Pub (Smuggler) and a Saboteur Imp (Bounty Hunter) and let me tell you: Malgus does *not* like it when the missions go south. At. All.

Also, I'm pretty sure Vowrawn is onto me; I wasn't even given a choice to join the Empire or not, as he just decreed that I would and my character never had a chance to say nay. When my character is eventually found out she is in for some bad, bad times.