How will the match end?...

Bolo_Yeung

Alright I'll play.

Empire has Urteon in Sting, Republic has Hachiman (who however is mostly veteran from pre 2.6 era, I haven't seen him much in the last months), the rest of names don't ring any bell. Republic only has 3 Gunships (yes, because they can't technically queue more than 3, but let's not derail the thread), so unless the Imperial 2-shippers will feed the gunships by beelining them (as they sadly often do, despite being told otherwise in chat), Urteon should be able to carry the team.

50:35 for Empire.

The common opinion on the forums is 'most matches are won/lost before the start'. So - I am posting a starting list here. No who can guess how will the match end?

The Progenitor match:

http://i58.tinypic.com/9riw68.jpg

PS. For those who played that exact match - don't spoil ;)

First glance : Balanced match.

Second glance : Your team has six strikes one scout and one bomber, the opposing team has 3 sheeps and a healthy mix of scouts and strikes : Opposing teams score the first kill and will take a lead in the beginning before your few valuable pilots switches to scouts to counter them.

Third glance : Your teams scouts are weak.

Final... The ooposing team is more likely to win but the match is clearly open, I can't tell more without knowing the individual pilots.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

First glance : Balanced match.

Second glance : Your team has six strikes one scout and one bomber, the opposing team has 3 sheeps and a healthy mix of scouts and strikes : Opposing teams score the first kill and will take a lead in the beginning before your few valuable pilots switches to scouts to counter them.

Third glance : Your teams scouts are weak.

Final... The ooposing team is more likely to win but the match is clearly open, I can't tell more without knowing the individual pilots.

This.

Based on the initial ship picks, your team seems to pose only a weak direct threat to the enemy gunships due to a lack of scouts beyond yourself or gunships of your own, while the ammount of strikes makes it seem your team might be easier to farm. However, without knowing the players I can't be certain that this will hold true.

I think most players would see this start screen and expect it to be a farming race with so many two-shippers, though your posts hint of something less usual. Perhaps it ended in double defeat (i.e. draw)?

Another one. Again Harbinger...

http://i62.tinypic.com/10r2sky.png

Unfortunately I don't have later crew screenshoot, but Jaqo joined as 8th on enemy side

First glance : Their team have the advantage.

Second Glance : Your team has a TensorPoint.

Third glance : They didn,t field too much bombers.

Your team get the lead with a smart Tensor Field. They counter with either bombers or gunships. Probably a match with a lot of sat switching. I say they won by less than 100 points.

Hmm this match is from progenitor also I think. There is a lot of skill on the rep side so they won 1000 to 468....or something.

Agree with the assessment, a lot more skill on the Republic side.

Another one. Again Harbinger...

A bit of a mistake there? :D

Edited by Asbetos

A bit of a mistake there? :D

Yep. Don't know, always getting Harbinger and Progenitor mixed up. That was Progenitor ofc - sorry for the mistake.

http://www.podmrok.pl/gsf/329513.png

The match ended with score 1000:132 After a succesful Tensor hijack Reps had 2 sats then took B. Around 500:3. the Imps took A after switching to GS/bomber combo, then (while A was heavily attacked then retaken by Reps - Imps got B and neutralized C for a while... however Reps quickly got B back and didnt allow C to fall...

It certainly didnt look like it.

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

Yep. Don't know, always getting Harbinger and Progenitor mixed up. That was Progenitor ofc - sorry for the mistake.

http://www.podmrok.pl/gsf/329513.png

The match ended with score 1000:132 After a succesful Tensor hijack Reps had 2 sats then took B. Around 500:3. the Imps took A after switching to GS/bomber combo, then (while A was heavily attacked then retaken by Reps - Imps got B and neutralized C for a while... however Reps quickly got B back and didnt allow C to fall...

It certainly didnt look like it.

Nice.. I got it totallly wrong sadly :( Get matches from The Ebon Hawk, Jedi Covenant or Jung'Ma please.. I know the good pilots on these.

Nice.. I got it totallly wrong sadly :( Get matches from The Ebon Hawk, Jedi Covenant or Jung'Ma please.. I know the good pilots on these.

Pretty much no one in our team expected this outcome... :)

Now the Red Eclipse for a change:

Maybe something like this... how did THIS match end?

PS. Sorry for concenctrating on EU servers but thats where I play... US servers have bad latency for me :/

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

Pretty much no one in our team expected this outcome... :)

Now the Red Eclipse for a change:

Maybe something like this... how did THIS match end?

PS. Sorry for concenctrating on EU servers but thats where I play... US servers have bad latency for me :/

Clearly a crushing victory from your team.. So I'll go with your team got cocky, the newbs on the other side wasn,t so newbs and they won.. Probably pretty tightly.

The enemy team didnt score a single point (it was a trap :)) I feel ashamed a little, but wanted to win the domination to 0 for once ...

Anyway, looks like people aren't intrested in quiz, so I'll stop here. If anyone wants to give his/her own team screen for guessing, feel free to do it.