Easy and useful fixes

Linuxizer

1. Scoreboard text colours: right now we have

- white text on bright green for your allies

- white text on black for your enemies

- white text on dark blue for you, which is nearly indistinguishable from the black. How about a different shade? Especially for players like me who are all over the place at the end of the match :o

2. Gunships are earning more requisitions than other ships. There is a 5 req bonus for every kill or assist made with railgun. So let's say you get 20, plus daily bonus, that's 200 extra req for f2p or pref players. I guesstimate I average 1200 req per match in gunship and 1000 in other ships. They should either increase for other ships, or reduce for gunship.

1. Scoreboard text colours: right now we have

- white text on bright green for your allies

- white text on black for your enemies

- white text on dark blue for you, which is nearly indistinguishable from the black. How about a different shade? Especially for players like me who are all over the place at the end of the match :o

2. Gunships are earning more requisitions than other ships. There is a 5 req bonus for every kill or assist made with railgun. So let's say you get 20, plus daily bonus, that's 200 extra req for f2p or pref players. I guesstimate I average 1200 req per match in gunship and 1000 in other ships. They should either increase for other ships, or reduce for gunship.

Dunno about the scoreboard, but there is a massive req boost coming in 3.0

The gunship req is not per kill, it's per railgun kill, and it's not a very large number. The big problem is that gunships were being penalized heavily in a very typical situation: allies on the node, you sniping node. You help clear node. Node goes green, req to allies, none for you.

This? Is neither "easy" nor "useful" nor a "fix". This is "QQ plx nerf gunships". Putting that next to "improve readability of scoreboard"... is that even serious?

Dunno about the scoreboard, but there is a massive req boost coming in 3.0

Then it is exactly the right time to remove the unfair bonus, especially if the boost will exaggerate the bonus.

The gunship req is not per kill, it's per railgun kill, and it's not a very large number. The big problem is that gunships were being penalized heavily in a very typical situation: allies on the node, you sniping node. You help clear node. Node goes green, req to allies, none for you.

This? Is neither "easy" nor "useful" nor a "fix". This is "QQ plx nerf gunships". Putting that next to "improve readability of scoreboard"... is that even serious?

In my experience in both domination and deathmatch, I tend to get noticeably more req in gunship. Assuming my tactics are flawed, they should still get rid of the railgun bonus in deathmatch.

And now you remind me... there is a powerup bonus in deathmatch. As it is probably an advantage for scouts and (relative) disadvantage for gunships and bombers, let's get rid of it as well.

Bombers get the lowest req in both domination and deathmatch, at least in my experience.

They don't see those colors as gray, normally.

I think that the red/green enemy/ally markers are a little lame, but they are different brightness at least, and a colorblind guy already lives in a world of having to use that distinction for a lot. It would still be nice for the common types of colorblindness to be supported at LEAST in GSF, where the colors matter. My colorblind friend who rejected this game pretty fast mostly cited the shield arcs and hull hit points as being the most ludicrous, because they literally cycle through just the part of the rainbow that protanopia and deuternopia can't distinguish well at all, and it's a combination of brightness and chromacity. If you had a disability that is absurdly frustrating when brought to bear, but hardly ever happens in reality and doesn't bother you much when driving / walking / living, you aren't going to play a game where "tell the difference between dark red, red, orange red, orange, yellow orange, and yellow" is a crucial part of the play. An option to change the shield arc colors for the color blind, or display numbers would be amazing (the second one would be great in general).

Edited by Verain

An option to change the shield arc colors for the color blind, or display numbers would be amazing (the second one would be great in general).

Or, third possibility, an option to make the arcs filling and emptying (is that a word ?) like enemies' arcs do. But yes, any of those would be good.

Here are my Mercenery's battle records:

....................... Rycer.......Mangler..Bbolt.......Sting.......Rzrwire...Legion

Req.................46349.......30459.......58828......56578.....31524......43482

Matches..........62.............29.............77............58...........39.............52

Avg. Req..........748...........1050........764..........975.........808...........836

Win%..............51.61%....58.62%....44.15%....63.79%...66.66%....82.69%

Avg. Kills.........5.37..........9.20.........3.33.........7.51........5.61.........3.23

Avg. Assists.....5.14..........8.93.........4.27.........5.81........5.66.........6.50

Avg. Damage...25884.......43537......21613......34345.....23724......19581

They mostly confirm my impressions. Gunships earn way more req than bombers. Sting is also getting a bit more than the others. Rycer and Blackbolt numbers are weighed down a bit as they were the only ships I had when I was total noob.

Here are my Mercenery's battle records:

....................... Rycer.......Mangler..Bbolt.......Sting.......Rzrwire...Legion

Req.................46349.......30459.......58828......56578.....31524......43482

Matches..........62.............29.............77............58...........39.............52

Avg. Req..........748...........1050........764..........975.........808...........836

Win%..............51.61%....58.62%....44.15%....63.79%...66.66%....82.69%

Avg. Kills.........5.37..........9.20.........3.33.........7.51........5.61.........3.23

Avg. Assists.....5.14..........8.93.........4.27.........5.81........5.66.........6.50

Avg. Damage...25884.......43537......21613......34345.....23724......19581

They mostly confirm my impressions. Gunships earn way more req than bombers. Sting is also getting a bit more than the others. Rycer and Blackbolt numbers are weighed down a bit as they were the only ships I had when I was total noob.

looking at the win% and Average Kills/ Assists/ Damage, You think your PREFORMANCE with those ships MIGHT have a larger impact ..... I do.

looking at the win% and Average Kills/ Assists/ Damage, You think your PREFORMANCE with those ships MIGHT have a larger impact ..... I do.

Bombers help win domination matches without having to do a lot of damage. Why not add a req bonus for repairing and resupplying?

Bombers help win domination matches without having to do a lot of damage. Why not add a req bonus for repairing and resupplying?

I SADLY cannot support this. The game has a meaningless repair medal, and a meaningless cheeve for getting some, and I've seen MANY chase this by deliberately taking damage on a node and having it repaired. No, they aren't hurting anything, but it would be bad if this was incentivized.

BUT- there absolutely should be some kind of bonus req for bombers. If gunships get a bonus for railgun kills/assists (something everyone gets req for doing, but gunships get more to compensate them for time off node), then bombers should actually get more for being on node. A bomber is often glued to a node to defend it even when no enemies are there, as he would be unable to switch in time to save it, and needs to spot and call anyway. A boost to the req ticks for defending a node is a very good idea for a bomber.

I'd love a bonus for heals if they can make it not exploitative- I just can't think of that off the top of my head.