missing missions

GrayBarron

So there are a bunch of missions on most the planets that kinda dispersed a while back. I kind of assumed this was just part of the game updating but then I saw some one run up to and start a conversation with one of the missing mission chacters. As a subscriber wouldn't I have access to any additional content?

Did you check the "Show Explorer Missions" thingie on the Map screens top right corner?

It's got to be that. The setting is off by default and stored separately for each character, so it's something to remember to check on every character if you want all of the missions to be visible on all of them.

It was part of the streamlining with 4.0 that shifted the focus to class story (and maybe some mix of planet and flashpoint story) being (more than) enough to level a character all the way up, with those sources specially marked in purple to set them apart from regular missions. Many of the sidequest missions (although not all of them) got their icon changed to have a star over it which marks it as an "exploratory mission". I don't know why some got this designation and some didn't. It's not like it's marking dailies/weeklies or anything like that. It's marking one-time missions just the same as the sidequests that didn't get updated to be marked like this... Anyway, the idea is of course that sidequests are now an optional thing that you can choose to do if you want to explore a planet some more.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho