The Armor that is always out of reach.

Kelleth

First of all, I am the last person who has any rights to complain about this sort of thing as I got the Sith Recluse Armor for about 1.5mil and Reaver Armor for about 50k(and several other armors dirt cheap), but for some reason, Shae Vizlas Armor just continues to be out of reach for me.

Now, I got the Commander version, but I really want the normal one, but it just keeps increasing in price, to the point where it is now 50mil for the entire set and I got like, 7mil.

This lousy Armor will always be out of reach for me.

Am I alone in having Armor I know I will never get? Or are there other people out there, suffering as I am? =P

You're definitely not alone.

There's another thread around here somewhere called "Your GTN White Whale" where people list the items they've long wanted, but haven't been able to afford. Of course the thread isn't just focused on armor, and for some people it might be a mount or a lightsaber.

While there are plenty of players sitting on hundreds of millions (or more) credits that can afford any item listed on the GTN, they're only a small minority of the overall player base, and primarily Founders, Cartel Market whales, long time crafters, and GTN players. The average player has far less in the bank and most platinum items are probably out of their reach.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

always wanted a bantha. saw one, a few years ago not sure how many, was listed at 600k. i pooled all the credits across my toons and had enough. bought it. went to my mailbox and all my credits were there. someone had bought it before i could. sniffle.

eventually I'll get one, but i was dismayed to look in my collections and see exactly how little i have actually collected over the years. i cycle through the same items on all my toons and have found that the must have armor from x time gone by that i had to have i no longer even consider on any toon. we are talking a dismal listing, btw.

however, keep at, sir, for one day this shield will one day guard your life.

Am I alone in having Armor I know I will never get? Or are there other people out there, suffering as I am? =P

For me, the first step in any MMO I play is to develop a wealth accumulation plan and stick with it for as long as I play, making adjustments as needed as the game evolves. This gives me complete in game financial freedom.

This has allowed me the freedom to buy up sets of anything I might be interested in when they first release are at their best pricing on the GTN. This is true even in MMOs where there is no in game shop.. and only random drops harvested by other players. And though I am wealthy, I don't chase over priced "wanna be" items. The most I have ever paid for a set of armor is right around 10M, and that was a rare event for me.

So I have many many sets in storage in case I want to use them someday. In fact I have three alts that are devoted to maintaining my collection in storage. Sometimes I decide I won't use a set and I will sell it off later on.. at a profit while staying on the low end of fair market pricing.

In other words.. have an economic plan that matches your tastes/wants/needs in game and maintain it, and buy in early on CM items you like and want, when they are at their best in terms of supply and people are undercutting each other on prices.

Edited by Andryah

First of all, I am the last person who has any rights to complain about this sort of thing as I got the Sith Recluse Armor for about 1.5mil and Reaver Armor for about 50k(and several other armors dirt cheap), but for some reason, Shae Vizlas Armor just continues to be out of reach for me.

Now, I got the Commander version, but I really want the normal one, but it just keeps increasing in price, to the point where it is now 50mil for the entire set and I got like, 7mil.

if u want the chestpiece of that set i can just give it to you - its prolly not the most expensive item, but if it helps you feel free to look for threzyan or new character on imp side ;)

the fett set is actually pretty nice set. i started collecting it and, without thought to what the decision would entail, deleted the toon that had the pieces.

im an altaholic and delete toons regularly. Andyaha is correct, though, and wealth in a game has something i have never really given much thought over. i am a simple gamer in any MMO, but lately i have come across a few things that would be nice to have, but seem to be out of price range for me now. I have started changing that, now, so i should be pretty well off soon. i have a few items sitting in storage that i should be able to make some credits on and have thought about listing this weekend.

we shall see.

I, like the op, have gotten almost all the collection armors for dirt cheap. I have fallen behind though with keeping my armor collections at 100%, because I've slacked off on the method that I have used in the past. But I'm willing to share the secrets to get those white whales easily.

You absolutely want to buy the armors during the first 3 to 4 weeks when a new pack releases. You also want to shop for those armors on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings. Usually between 7pm and midnight. Check the GTN frequently throughout the first days and weeks. Prices will fluctuate wildly during those first few weeks, and you should be able to swoop in and get everything for cheap, since people are still trying to determine the proper supply and demand figures.

Now, one more tip. If you have missed an item in a pack that is expiring (your best and usually last chance to get those items at decent prices), then you want to shop during the two weeks following the pack being removed from the cartel market. The item increase from people who bought the cheaper packs will temporarily flood the market, and thus drop prices some.

Do you need the whole set or just parts?

Have you tried trading for it or for parts. I am trading parts myself as in one for one. So chest item for a chest item I don't have. A lot of players do this now. Also willing to trade for companion licences. Yea I know no one is going to trade a item for a licence. :p

Edited by DreadtechSavant

MIssion Vao's armor is always out of reach for me - but even worse : So is Jarael's armor ... *sigh*

Me and a friend, we often exchance pieces the other one is looking for if we see each other in-game, no matter how high the GTN price, simply because we're just friends.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

MIssion Vao's armor is always out of reach for me - but even worse : So is Jarael's armor ... *sigh*

Me and a friend, we often exchance pieces the other one is looking for if we see each other in-game, no matter how high the GTN price, simply because we're just friends.

Well I have 2 full sets of Mission Vao's, if you are on the Bastion and have something worth trading for a set let me know.

Vao's set though on most servers is not all that much. So guess it depends if like me you set a limit and won't go over it. In which case I fully understand. I also have a set of Jarael's but not sure of the server or account.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Cassus Fett armor...CURSE YOU YOU VILE RARITY!!! :mad:

It's usually pretty cheap on JC, only in the million range, although it's climbed back up.

But yeah, I agree with the OP. There are a handful of sets I only need one piece to complete. E.g. Sensuous Dress Top, Jarael's Tunic, Ajunta Pall's Tunic, Dathomir Shaman's Upper Robes, one of the pieces of Mandalorian Hunter's, some others. However, they're usually out of my price range if they're on the GTN (like Jarael's, which on the rare occasion it pops up is 30 mil).

At one time I could afford that, because I know how to merch the GTN, but past 2 months have absolutely been crap for JC's GTN economy and nothing of mine has been selling, and the stuff I put up gets undercut by morons by a ridiculous margin, sometimes below what I can afford to compete with cause of what I paid for the cost of the item.

~ Eudoxia

You may have missed this thread before hitting that Create New Post button:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=909353

Granted you may have not understood the term "white whale"...

I actually did look through several of the pages before I made the topic, I guess I just missed that specific one, my bad =/

But nice to see I am not alone, makes me feel a little better =D

At one time I could afford that, because I know how to merch the GTN, but past 2 months have absolutely been crap for JC's GTN economy and nothing of mine has been selling, and the stuff I put up gets undercut by morons by a ridiculous margin, sometimes below what I can afford to compete with cause of what I paid for the cost of the item.

~ Eudoxia

You may be getting undercut by credit sellers.

I've now seen a couple bots who had achievements for having a maxed out crafting skill and next to nothing else. If you've got bots running crafting nodes 24/7, you can afford to sell crafted items at rock bottom prices.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Do you need the whole set or just parts?

Have you tried trading for it or for parts. I am trading parts myself as in one for one. So chest item for a chest item I don't have. A lot of players do this now. Also willing to trade for companion licences. Yea I know no one is going to trade a item for a licence. :p

I am down to missing the helmet, chest and belt, I got lucky(Again) and got the legs, hands and boots for 6mil yesterday.

Sold some stuff and is back up to 4mil, but that helmet is still going for 23mil on my server, and the belt is at 8mil... So, unless they get reduced heavily in price, I will never complete it =/

Revan and Revan Reborn will be eternally unobtainable, unfortunately. Funnily enough, during the Dark vs. Light event, I got Revan Reborn Lower and Supplementary armor. Then, as I reached "Eternal" level, I saw "...Revan's Upper Armor" and I was like "YES!" But unfortunately, it was just the standard Revan armor...which I didn't have the Lower or Supplementary armor for. :rolleyes:

The Secret Agent and Dark Advisor armor (the Cartel Market armor that look sort of like player versions of Theron's and Lana's armors in KOTFE/KOTET) are a bit expensive, too, especially Secret Agent (which happens to be one of the nicest-looking jackets in the game, IMO, and in the next expansion they should definitely change Theron's model to that jacket, since he is actually the body size of a player unlike Koth, Lana, and Senya and so it would be possible to change his skin without trouble–as seen by the fact that you can preview other gears on him).

Lucien Draay's armor...ha! Never gonna happen.

There are quite a few. If you're diligent, sometimes you get lucky (I hounded Forward Recon Lower armor for months because it was the only part of that set I didn't have, but it came from a very old pack and so there wasn't good supply on it). But other times, unless there's some massive fluke, an item's never going to drop to affordable levels unless you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars to buy Hypercrates and sell them.