Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's celebrate what is good about SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Let's celebrate what is good about SWTOR

Lhancelot
05.22.2019 , 07:29 AM | #1
I want to dedicate this thread to what SWTOR has become over the years as the game has evolved through the years... That being the ultimate space Barbie dress-up game ever!

If you love to RP, love to dress up in virtual outfits, enliven said outfits with an endless supply of ingame emotes I honestly believe SWTOR is going where no game has gone before!

Used to be, I logged in and did nothing but PVP for hours on end. It was sickly. It was unhealthy. It was fun! Sure, we had a nice collection of outfits in the beginning too, but we could not create and save them in bunches like now!

Instead, we once had to wear armor sets that had "slots" that could be filled with gear mods, so we were limited in our choice of presentation! Now, gears mean nothing, we can wear any outfit appearance available to us in the game!

As the outfitting system for our toons evolved, it eventually reached the point where it can't get much easier than it is now, and other than a ***few slip-ups, the process of the outfitting system for the game has only improved.

***One notable slip-up imo is how we once could save dye colors not only per slotted armor piece, but to the actual outfit inventory sheet equipment slot. The dye would be removed/destroyed if that armor piece was pulled out of that saved/allotted equipment slot. This little work around for coloring was pretty neat because you could actually color some of the old armors that had no dye slot available. This enabled us to come up with some unique color schemes which I felt was a nice touch to allow us more ways to create/invent something unique with our outfits.

I just wanted to give SWTOR props for what they have done good, instead of tearing them down for doing things I might not have agreed with or understood.

I believe if they can get the game to follow suit in other facets, SWTOR could be the best MMO of all time. I view the evolution of the outfitting system on SWTOR as an indication of what BW can do when they really want to focus and improve upon the game.

Things they ought to consider next to work on:

Spoiler

That's just some of the things that came to my mind. What about you guys, what would you like to see added or changed in SWTOR?
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

JediQuaker
05.22.2019 , 11:44 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Things they ought to consider next to work on:
Kick PvP out of SWTOR altogether, because....
1. This is an RPG not an FPS or Battle Royale. A bit of PvP is a nice addition to the main game, much like a Night Life event or seeker droid missions, etc, but it shouldn't be anyone's main focus.
2. I'm tired of listening to PvP'ers complaining. Go play something like Star Wars: Battlegrounds if you want PvP.
3. I'm tired of the constant changes to skill sets, etc, screwing with the PvE game in the constant attempt to make PvP "balanced".

I know PvP is here to stay, but if they did delete it, I wouldn't mind.

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Joonbeams
05.22.2019 , 11:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Kick PvP out of SWTOR altogether, because....
1. This is an RPG not an FPS or Battle Royale. A bit of PvP is a nice addition to the main game, much like a Night Life event or seeker droid missions, etc, but it shouldn't be anyone's main focus.
2. I'm tired of listening to PvP'ers complaining. Go play something like Star Wars: Battlegrounds if you want PvP.
3. I'm tired of the constant changes to skill sets, etc, screwing with the PvE game in the constant attempt to make PvP "balanced".

I know PvP is here to stay, but if they did delete it, I wouldn't mind.
I'm assuming this is joking, or just trolling...

DarthSpuds
05.22.2019 , 12:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
I'm assuming this is joking, or just trolling...
Or it could be a genuinely held belief.

I've never seen one single MMORPG that was improved in any way by the constant battle to try and balance PvP.
And historically only 20-30% of total players regularly engage in PvP.

Most MMORPGs are significantly disrupted and diminished by the constant pandering to a very vocal minority.
And, let's face facts, MMORPGs are just about the worst gaming platform possible for genuine skill-based PvP.

All in all I genuinely believe that, in the long run, SWTOR would be better off without PvP.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

JattaGin
05.22.2019 , 12:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I want to dedicate this thread to what SWTOR has become over the years as the game has evolved through the years... That being the ultimate space Barbie dress-up game ever!
You really got me there for a moment when I saw your name and read the headline.

But then I read the first paragraph and was relieved. Everything is still normal.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Jadescythe
05.22.2019 , 12:41 PM | #6
I have some strong opinions against where this thread has turned, but I don't think we need a PvP flame war in this fine post.

The best part of SWTOR is and will always be the original class stories. I'll never be tired of creating new characters and running through them with different personalities.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

jedimasterjac
05.22.2019 , 12:44 PM | #7
I really love the effort put in by the time.

I don't mean that as a joke. I know the devs get a lot of hate.

But SWTOR has never gotten the support it's needed since launch, and still the devs work away, trying their best to deliver new content. And despite all of the struggles, they've made pretty huge gains in certain areas.

The worlds are more beautiful and vibrant than ever, and I honestly, truly believe the devs want to provide the best that they can.

I feel passion when I play SWTOR, even if it's imperfect and sometimes annoying.

Oh, wait, this is a troll thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

DarthSpuds
05.22.2019 , 01:06 PM | #8
Don't get me wrong, there's some stuff this game gets VERY right.

The original class stories are some of my favourite MMORPG content in any game; in fact for me they are only eclipsed by my first play through Moria in LOTRO.

And for all that I see all the negatives that are attached to PvP I genuinely hope that the PvPers get some love; but let's not dress things up - roughly only 1/3rd of all players will ever PvP.

So every fix for PvP is very likely messing something up for 2/3rds of the playerbase. That's why people who don't PvP sometime get angry about it.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Drenovade
05.22.2019 , 01:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I have some strong opinions against where this thread has turned, but I don't think we need a PvP flame war in this fine post.

The best part of SWTOR is and will always be the original class stories. I'll never be tired of creating new characters and running through them with different personalities.
I had written out a medium-length post stating my own opinions in defense of PvP, but then I read your post here and was like, "You know, you're probably right."

For me, the personal RP experience is the greatest selling point of this game. So many ways to customize your character, strongholds, and experience through different choices. As you mentioned, the original class stories are amazing and I always enjoy playing through them.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/QKzQQL
New players get rewards, Returning players get rewards.
See full details here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

MikeCobalt
05.22.2019 , 02:19 PM | #10
Celebrate what's good about SWTOR... I really like the stories, some of them are very good; I think that's one reason the players do the "Class Stories" so often. SWTOR's stories actually do have a "Depth", considerations to be taken along the way. Results to be weighed from the decisions and typically include social issues that will form our character later on. The Companions do actually have a backstory, personalities, likes and dislikes of their own, not simply mindless drone's like the other games. Other games are wispy, they mean nothing beyond Run, Click, Shoot, brainless and shallow.