Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mevan
04.14.2019 , 12:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Cautiously optimistic.

This feels like the first real expansion since SoR.

KotFE and KotET really were more of a failed attempt at a relaunch.

This expansion feels more natural.

See how the story plays out first.
^This. Trying not to get my hopes too high, but I daresay this is looking promising.

Nmyownworld
04.14.2019 , 12:28 AM | #22
I'm cautiously intrigued and hopeful.

I didn't choose "saboteur" for my characters in JUS, but I hope that there are distinctive results in Onslaught for characters who are saboteurs. I'm glad that the JUS prologue is continuing and expanding, although I'll miss Ossus being used for more story. I'm not at all excited about involving a shipyard on Corellia (been there, seen similar). But, that seems to be just a part of the Onslaught story, not the whole thing, so okay. I like the image of Tau versus Malgus. I'm hoping it isn't another situation of killing off those characters. Although, for Force users "killing" doesn't seem to take like it does for mere mortals. Nice to see Onslaught providing solo and group content. Hopefully, PvP and GSF will get Onslaught-related content not long after 6.0.

I think you all did a good job of a relatively quick turning of the SWTOR story back to Imp versus Pub. I'm not a Kotxx fan, and kept most of my characters out of it. I did do JUS on some of my characters, and I enjoyed it.

limenutpen
04.14.2019 , 01:00 AM | #23
Its all looking good in SWTOR atm. After Ossus things have taken a positive turn around, adding finally.

So my sub can keep ongoing, The Vitiate Empire story was very sour for me in how it integrated in SW lore.
Yes we had to deal with the Emperor (Tenebraw, Valkorian, Vitiate) finally but nearly totally eliminating factions in MMO is not really a way to do it.
Especially when those factions are Jedi vs Sith, Empire vs Republic which are possibly the most noteworthy in sci-fi World history.

I hope the expansion is good, and for me personally would have preferred to pay extra and get more quality.

Well done to the SWTOR team.
Many thought this would never happen. After Ossus and the success it had I was sure it would.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper

Pandoras_Jar
04.14.2019 , 01:20 AM | #24
Much excite! Looking forward to more details about the new gearing and itemisation changes!
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
PvP Healers Guide to Cleansing -
5.9 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide
~ Satele Shan | SWTOR Content Creator Program Member | <Korvus/Corvus> ~

Khaleg
04.14.2019 , 01:20 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Today we are happy to announce our next expansion - Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught! The expansion will launch free for all subscribers this September. New planets, flashpoint, Operation, large itemization changes codenamed “The Spoils of War” and more will be featured in this expansion! You can learn all about Onslaught in our Expansion Announcement article, here.

In honor of our Celebration Cantina we are sharing with everyone a redeemable code: SWCELEBRATION19. Simply redeem that code on your account for a Celebration inspired character flair and four stronghold decorations.

What is everyone excited for?
That's good news. It sounds like SWTOR finally gets some love after years of, well, "Oh, I forgot, we still have this 24/7 online game running, let's throw out a so-called update real quick".
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

benmas
04.14.2019 , 02:48 AM | #26
Sounds great, a real return to the sor way for doing things rather than the god awful chapter system. and a return to corellia!

not sure i like the sound of these "tactical items" that "change the way you play" , they just sound like the cause of more call imbalance complaining.
Waythuk

The Red Eclipse-->Darth Malgus

Swook
04.14.2019 , 02:52 AM | #27
"Hell,...It's About Time!!" Tychus Findlay.

Ohh and could we get the Blue Mandalorian Full armor with the expansion which Aordo ask for and many others through out the years.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160123094800

Basilisk war droid that Edenzoid ask for. Maybe find it on Dxun. In the old mandalorian base that Mandalore the Preserver had. an old Basilisk war droid they never finished repairing so the player needs to head out and find the missing parts, finish the repairs and it later becomes a playable mount. I think that would be cool idea and would please alot of mandalorian fans with their own basilisk war droid.
https://swtor.fandom.com/wiki/Basilisk_war_droid

And also Barel Ovair Black Robes.
https://i.redd.it/q4gkagzr1nb21.jpg

rantboi
04.14.2019 , 02:58 AM | #28
mek-sha looks really cool.

varietasplus
04.14.2019 , 02:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Today we are happy to announce our next expansion - Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught! The expansion will launch free for all subscribers this September. New planets, flashpoint, Operation, large itemization changes codenamed “The Spoils of War” and more will be featured in this expansion! You can learn all about Onslaught in our Expansion Announcement article, here.

In honor of our Celebration Cantina we are sharing with everyone a redeemable code: SWCELEBRATION19. Simply redeem that code on your account for a Celebration inspired character flair and four stronghold decorations.

What is everyone excited for?

I am excited about the plethora of PVP content you mentioned, the reworked reward system to ensure players are incentivitized to play objectives and most important of all, class balance in different environments. Oh, hold on a second, there is not a single word regarding these, that was an expansion a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Then I am excited if you can push RNG and gear grinding any further trying to persuade everyone it is fun. Can hardly wait for the new FOTM classes and the nerf bat. More "Gathering Feedback" threads left without feedback. More fashion design and PVE elements to the game so that care bears open their purses and keep the game alive. And wrap all this up in corporate bulls*it please.

Celise
04.14.2019 , 03:00 AM | #30
I've never been so happy to be so wrong in my whole life about Bioware! I thought that was it for SWTOR for the past half a year due to a lack of any type of good communication and Anthem being pretty average on release.

A very good sign that things are getting back to normal. I'm sorry bioware i ever doubted. Not sure what came over me recently, but with this announcement, heck it doesn't matter any more, i'm just so glad to see this expec coming out towards the end of the year.