Welcome to Game Update 1.4: Terror from Beyond

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadows broke the game. They impact performance heavily even on the best video cards. You'd think setting them to low would give you what we had before the patch but it just turns them off completely. So whats the point of an Off setting then? Edited by Jaick

Well .. was looking forward to this patch for the new Op but mostly coz I believed there was finally going to be a mobility fix for melee Smugglers with a change to the Sneak ability. Haven't been able to try the new Op because maintenance went so long it took it to past 1am Aussie time. Then I discover the Sneak addition is only available for Scrapper tree and not Dirty Fighting .. o come on ur kidding? I'm campaign geared so rarely use GF for anything so where it spits me out is irrelevant, apart from the odd round of dailies I only use companions as sweatshop workers so I dont care if their gear matches or not (though I can see how useful these are). Shadows r working nicely for me so that's a bonus. However .. the most glaring graphical bug of companions weapon glow staying put on their dismissal was still not fixed .. seriously? And they broke the GTN on deployment of patch. /facepalm

So .. until my guild run of TfB which unfortunatley won't happen for several days seeing as the patch was deployed on our Ops run night rather than the usual maintenance night - for a DF Scoundrel endgame player like me this patch is almost a non event. Disappointing for the lack of almost any fixes/additions at all for my class to boot. Back to running all over the place to bosses and such while I watch Jedi's force leap and ranged just turn and shoot ... :mad:

This patch fuc*ed skill electrocuted to my sith inquisitor sorcerer. Now the ranege of this skill is only 10m, seriously giuys. Even knockback have 15m range ***? I HATE THIS!!!

All of the 4 second stun abilities have a 10 meter range. Bounty Hunter and Trooper 4 second stun ability was also reduced to 10 meters, and Imperial Agent and Smuggler 4 second stun has been 10 meters for a long time now. I don't know why you are complaining, everyone's 4 second stuns are properly balanced now.

Shadows broke the game. They impact performance heavily even on the best video cards. You'd think setting them to low would give you what we had before the patch but it just turns them off completely. So whats the point of an Off setting then?

Low is blob shadows. High is volumetric/dynamic shadows.

Low is blob shadows. High is volumetric/dynamic shadows.

No Low is no shadows completely. Try it and you'll see. No difference between low and off. I just want the shadows as they were before 1.4 because the game didn't slideshow. I don't want them off either because the game looks ugly then.

Edited by Jaick

hello all!

first of all, let me warn you! if you are on your ship, and queue for any Flashpoint, and get accepted, finish the FP and then take the option to return to the last position, the game will return you to the last location you were in, but you will still appear as being inside the FP. if you want to exit the ship directly, you will be stuck on LOADING. also, if you close the game and try again, same issue. you cannot stop loading, escape or anything, it does not work. so, to avoid my problem, please make sure that you travel back to fleet once in the spaceship, or any other place you want to travel.

DEVS, please repair this annoying bug ASAP, i do not wish for my character to be stuck forever at LOADING screen because you didn`t think this update through thoroughly.

thank you!!

I was looking at the picture on the update media page and saw that some of the Sorcs were wearing the Beta PvP mask (the one that looks the Sith Emperor's) is that back in game:):)?? Please tell me that's back in game and not covered by a smaller white mask. Edited by AshlaBoga

I'm pretty pumped for the Ops and the only debate is whether my guild jumps in on Story Mode tonight or goes straight to Hard Mode. A few of us have played it on PTS, but it will be great to see it live and run it with my guild. I like that the patch also has improved the daily experience, improved GF (which I grind on my alts), and allows head toggle on companions. To me the biggest downside is the new tier of gear which is going to be an epic grind to mod out the way I want it since the itemization of stats is below reasonable (way way too much crit).

I'm also excited about two more content updates this year. I'm guessing the new War Zone is one and Nightmare EC is the other. My guess is HK is bundled with F2P which doesn't count in the two additional content updates.

By any chance... can you please explain the reasons behind reducing the range of the stuns? What were you fixing, really? Was this just a PvP balancing thing, or did you have a larger issue to tackle? I ask, only because I was used to using these abilities heavily at range, and I want to know how this change helps anything before I make judgement on getting smacked with a nerf bat.

when do they fix threat generation and tanking ability for melee tanks? apparently we cant tank with threat at all, and anyone who can dps at all can pull a whole mob in a second, please fix this in 1.4.1 PLEASE. it makes tanking way more difficult than it actually is.

Some cool new things but seriously guys!!!!

*** did you do to the resolve system??? Its absolutely horrible to play pvp now.

I will make a full complaint post about it very soon but right now you get stunned so much more in pvp its not fun at all.

You need to fire the guy that made that change and all the testers who passed it.

i think you should just take this patch back and patch it before you lose thousands of subscriptions because of the lack of foresight you seem to have. i am talking about devs, testers, script writers and so on. also, take a look at KOTOR 1 and 2, where options in chat while in story mode ACTUALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE...

love the game but so dissapointed in BioWare and all involved in this project.

All of the 4 second stun abilities have a 10 meter range. Bounty Hunter and Trooper 4 second stun ability was also reduced to 10 meters, and Imperial Agent and Smuggler 4 second stun has been 10 meters for a long time now. I don't know why you are complaining, everyone's 4 second stuns are properly balanced now.

Assassins are now the only class in the game without a 30m ability. It means my Assassin just got a lot worse at stopping the other team from capping objectives.