Missing faces

tjmck

I noticed all MALE characters & npcs with head type 23 now have invisible heads/faces. I noticed when I doing the chapter 9 cantina scene yesterday on an alt and found out which head it was at character creation screen (I was very tempted to make a character with the missing head and call him "invisible man" :D ). Yet another fix they need to add to their very long list.

It's been a most impressive list of bugs this time. We've had serious bugs in the past, but 5.10 I think takes the cake for sheer volume. How does one break the water in the jedi fountain not showing, face #23 not rendering, granny textures on anniversary wall decos, lazy ranged comps, the whole nine yards, in fell swoop?

Talent, I tell you.

Talent.

How does one break the water in the jedi fountain not showing, face #23 not rendering, granny textures on anniversary wall decos, lazy ranged comps, the whole nine yards, in fell swoop?

Frantic work to get things done before the holidays. Either something went wrong when packing the asset files for release, or one of the devs worked with an old or incomplete version of the texture files, and when they commited their changes, the version server assumed that the missing textures are no longer needed in 5.10.

Such stuff happens all the time, no big deal. Proper QA usually prevents it from being released, but nobody expects the QA guys to be infallible either. What is pathetic, is that it is still not fixed after 6+ weeks. BW seems to be a great employer - if I break a live service before the holidays, I stay and fix it or someone else will and I don't need to return.

Edited by Mubrak

Ok, all my toons are missing their faces, well not really missing, they're shadowed out and all their eyes have gone completely blue, kinda like how Chiss eyes are all red. Anyone else have this problem?

There is an invisible head bug at present but this doesnt sound the same given it affects all your toons etc , run a repair per https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Client-Repair-Scan/td-p/6454174/jump-to/first-unread-message just to be sure

What is pathetic, is that it is still not fixed after 6+ weeks. BW seems to be a great employer - if I break a live service before the holidays, I stay and fix it or someone else will and I don't need to return.

What bothers me even more than the lack of fixes is the lack of acknowledgement. Very few bugs made it onto the known bug list, and none were added as reports came flooding in. Eric hasn't posted on any of the bug report threads to even say they are looking into them. And to top it off, when I finally got a response to a ticket I submitted about my token character losing his face, CS knew nothing about the disappearing face bug!

I noticed all MALE characters & npcs with head type 23 now have invisible heads/faces. I noticed when I doing the chapter 9 cantina scene yesterday on an alt and found out which head it was at character creation screen (I was very tempted to make a character with the missing head and call him "invisible man" :D ). Yet another fix they need to add to their very long list.

My husband already beat you to it. Accept he called his character Mr. Cellophane. :D

Male toons with body 2 and head 10 are also missing their heads,

https://imgur.com/a/iwzdtMP so far its only 4 of the 12 playable species and i only tested it with imperial class Sniper, female toons don't seem to be affected with this at all

hair/complexion/scars/skin & hair color have no effect, so its just head 10 and body 2

(EDIT) just went back and tested all classes and races on both sides, it only affects Chiss, Mirialan, Togruta and Rattataki, Body 2 Head 10

Edited by TaylorBren

Male toons with body 2 and head 10 are also missing their heads,

https://imgur.com/a/iwzdtMP so far its only 4 of the 12 playable species and i only tested it with imperial class Sniper, female toons don't seem to be affected with this at all

hair/complexion/scars/skin & hair color have no effect, so its just head 10 and body 2

Class doesn’t matter for this particular bug, came across it earlier in character creation when creating a Jedi Knight. Male togruta, body 2 head 10. It’s probably something similar to the missing granny decorations. Fountain’s probably the same thing (admittedly, I’m guessing here).

Looks like a fix is in the pipeline for Tuesday (unless I’m misremembering and Eric said it’s in 5.10.1, which is coming in February).

Looks like a fix is in the pipeline for Tuesday (unless I’m misremembering and Eric said it’s in 5.10.1, which is coming in February).

He didn't say which bugs will be fixed, or how many. There are an awful lot of bugs right now, so I don't expect more than a fraction of them to be fixed.