The Dwindling Dev Tracker

iamthehoyden

I will say though stupid questions like "Tell us if the game will be shutdown if EA is sold" are just that, stupid.

That is your opinion, don't forget that. It is difficult to know what the terms of a contract might be, especially with LucasArts. One question that really needs to be answered is if Same Gender Romances is still in the works, no information has been given about that in months.

Edited by Tuscad

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is your opinion, don't forget that. It is difficult to know what the terms of a contract might be, especially with LucasArts. One question that really needs to be answered is if Same Gender Romances is still in the works, no information has been given about that in months.

If you've read Uluain's most recent post in the SGRA thread, they are holding an interesting view on the subject of the Community Team and it's inability to address the question.

I've muted myself on the subject because I become extremely unhelpful when discussing it, but I can say I am glad that the current Forum Moderation team do not read the Fan Fiction forum - I don't want my stories moved into that thread because they involved same sex romances.

The point is decisions of that magnitude aren't taken on a whim and when the whole situation is in such a state of flux, its silly to think that they have already decided on what will happen and let every employee know and given the ok to let the general public know as well. If EA indeed is up for sale, how much sense do you think it makes to let the whole world know that one of its biggest properties will be shut down? Secondly, whose decision do you think it is? Don't you think the buyer would decide? And you seriously expect any potential buyer to tell every EA/Bioware employee what their plans for a property they don't yet own is and give the go ahead to reveal it to everyone when all talks of them buying are very preliminary?

No, it is not stupid, its an extremely stupid question. And raging about dumb questions like these not being answered kinda makes me understand why community reps don't communicate enough.

Edited by Claymaniac

No, it is not stupid, its an extremely stupid question. And raging about dumb questions like these not being answered kinda makes me understand why community reps don't communicate enough.

And yet answers are being given on various topics (such as the space missions and HK) which indicates that they are willing to give out information on items that are in development. For my part, I will continue to ask for more communication about what direction this game is going in. While I will be reasonable about what information can be provided, I want to know if the pieces that are coming are going to continue what I like about this game and/or improve what I don't.

I'll say this, the people who want SGRAs have been EXTREMELY patient so far, and it's been appalling to see their requests for the most basic information on whether this element is still in development shunted to the side.

On a good note, thank you Allison Berryman, for your posts today (8 so far). Glad to see things have picked up somewhat.

Edited by iamthehoyden

. If EA indeed is up for sale, how much sense do you think it makes to let the whole world know that one of its biggest properties will be shut down?

I wasn't saying that they would shut down the property because they wanted to, I was saying they would because they had to in order to sell the company. It doesn't matter the question has been answered and whether you think it is stupid or not is subjective and irrelevant, it is simply your opinion. At the end of the day a question is a question and I found this one to be entirely relevant as I was concerned about what effect it might have on the game.

Edited by Tuscad

Well as the players ask questions or post about things they can't answer because they don't have answers, have been instructed not to answer, or are sensitive subjects and they in there infinite wisdom think its best not to answer I'm sure they'll notice more and more subs dwindle.

Updating:

August 8 - 31 posts, 2 housekeeping = 29

August 9 - 15 posts, 1 housekeeping = 14

August 10 - 13 posts, 2 housekeeping = 11

August 11 & 12 - weekend

August 13 - 17 posts, 2 housekeeping = 15

August 14 - 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8

August 15 - 8 posts, 2 housekeeping = 6

August 16 - 8 posts, 3 housekeeping = 5

August 17 - 4 posts, 1 housekeeping = 3

August 18 & 19 - weekend

August 20 = 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2

August 21 = 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8

August 22 - 9 posts, 2 housekeeping = 7

Also, Allison Berryman has been pretty busy today on the forums and answering pm's, which is much appreciated. Today was better than yesterday, and hopefully we'll see that continue.

Edited by iamthehoyden

August 11 & 12 - weekend

August 18 & 19 - weekend

August 20 = 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2

August 21 = 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8

August 23 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2 (so far)

August 11 & 12 - weekend

August 18 & 19 - weekend

August 20 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2

August 21 - 9 posts, 1 housekeeping = 8

August 23 - 6 posts, 0 housekeeping = 6

August 24 - 2 posts, 0 housekeeping = 2

August 25 & 26 - weekend

August 27 - 6 posts, 0 housekeeping = 6

August 28 - 8 posts, 1 housekeeping = 7

In the past two weeks, the daily average is 3.7. Let's round it up and make it 4. 4 posts per day. <smh>

August 11 & 12 - weekend

August 18 & 19 - weekend

August 25 & 26 - weekend

August 29 - 3 (so far)

You know, I was starting to wonder if I should maintain this list or not, but then I noticed today that the Dev Tracker has 1 page. Everything else has been deleted. Lovely. Now why on earth would you get rid of the record of your responses? Is there a good reason?? Cause if there is, I'd like to hear it.

Yes, I believe I'll be keeping this record.

What the hell? Why would they do that? I cannot think of another place that has every named-person Bioware post catalogued like that. There was useful information in the Developer Tracker. If they're going to keep deleting links to keep the Dev Tracker on one page, that defeats the entire point.

Damn it. I swear they're doing this on purpose now. *grumble mutter*

What the hell? Why would they do that? I cannot think of another place that has every named-person Bioware post catalogued like that. There was useful information in the Developer Tracker. If they're going to keep deleting links to keep the Dev Tracker on one page, that defeats the entire point.

Damn it. I swear they're doing this on purpose now. *grumble mutter*

I figured that maybe, MAYBE it was because you could search for all the staff posts through the search function. Thus far, I haven't found a way to do that. I HATE that a game I like so much has such untrustworthy people running it. I mean really REALLY dislike it.

And please, community team, if you have a good reason, let me know. I'm all ears.

• Dev Post

You know, I was starting to wonder if I should maintain this list or not, but then I noticed today that the Dev Tracker has 1 page. Everything else has been deleted.

We haven't deleted anything from the dev tracker - I believe that, occasionally, when the dev tracker pulls posts, there is a time period during which you'll see less pages than are actually there. This should be resolved shortly (and if it isn't, there may be a bug we're unaware of). I'll keep an eye out and make sure something unintended isn't going on.

Thank you Ms. Berryman, I was unaware that the Dev Tracker had such an interesting... feature. While you are here, it would be interesting to have your views on Hoyden's work compiling this list and how you think the numbers actually reflect your promise to increase communication.

This thread appears to have run its course.

I'm just fine with the frequency of dev tracker posts. It would be nice if the previous posts could be reviewed on multiple pages, but apparently there is an issue there that they are looking into.

Otherwise, seems like the devs are around enough.

August 11 & 12 - weekend

August 18 & 19 - weekend

August 25 & 26 - weekend

August 29 - 3 (so far)

You know, I was starting to wonder if I should maintain this list or not, but then I noticed today that the Dev Tracker has 1 page. Everything else has been deleted. Lovely. Now why on earth would you get rid of the record of your responses? Is there a good reason?? Cause if there is, I'd like to hear it.

Yes, I believe I'll be keeping this record.

I noticed either yesterday or the day before that the dev tracker was only 3 pages long...

Edit: Nvm saw Allison's post

Edited by Tuscad

• Dev Post
Thank you Ms. Berryman, I was unaware that the Dev Tracker had such an interesting... feature. While you are here, it would be interesting to have your views on Hoyden's work compiling this list and how you think the numbers actually reflect your promise to increase communication.

The forums are one part of our plans, and so far we've definitely been increasing efforts to get responses to questions we see on the forums that we're able to answer. There are still questions that are important to the community that we do not have answers for yet, but, just like we've done with the forums, we're making efforts to get answers to those questions through, and we're making strong efforts internally to continue to escalate feedback and concerns from the community. You'll continue to see answers to questions on the forums, and we have more to come.

I think it should still be kept up to date. Bioware apparently has a love affair with statistics - if we can keep a record of their official, named replies we can use it in the future. The Community Team has promised an increase in communication, this in part could help to make sure that stays a reality.

Actually, Ms. Berryman, may I ask you another question? Why is that no named Bioware representatives ever post in your Official SGRA Discussion thread? It's been theorized that Bioware is afraid of having the SGRA thread pop into the Developer Tracker.

Edited by Tatile

We haven't deleted anything from the dev tracker - I believe that, occasionally, when the dev tracker pulls posts, there is a time period during which you'll see less pages than are actually there. This should be resolved shortly (and if it isn't, there may be a bug we're unaware of). I'll keep an eye out and make sure something unintended isn't going on.

Thank you for your response. I can't say I've been pleased with the amount of communication, but I am glad that the tracker isn't been whitewashed for some reason.

This thread appears to have run its course.

I'm just fine with the frequency of dev tracker posts. It would be nice if the previous posts could be reviewed on multiple pages, but apparently there is an issue there that they are looking into.

Otherwise, seems like the devs are around enough.

It's quite nice that you're content with this level of communication. I am not. As such, I will advocate for increased levels until I am either satisfied with it or am so frustrated that I give up this game that I enjoy so much. The fact that you are easily pacified is not my concern.

It's quite nice that you're content with this level of communication. I am not. As such, I will advocate for increased levels until I am either satisfied with it or am so frustrated that I give up this game that I enjoy so much. The fact that you are easily pacified is not my concern.

Why do people think their are entitled to constant communication in every form possible? If you have questions, send in an email. Whenever I've had issues with the game, I've emailed them and gotten prompt responses. This is a video game, not a babysitting service. They don't need to hold our hands and constantly "talk" to us to re-assure us.

Unfortunately the CSR Droids who handle in-game support are not in a position to discuss future content with the players, whether it be story content, PvE or PvP. To a large extent they aren't allowed to discuss current content either. Their stock response is to post queries of such nature on the official forum, therefore making this something that EA/Bioware actively encourage.

This is not about an overblown sense of entitlement. This is about upholding Bioware to a standard that it itself has set and yet in part failed to keep to.

Also, private email responses are nice, but they are not available to the community at large unless the receiver wishes to publish the email correspondence. By posting questions for the developers on the Official forums, one endeavours to make the response available to the community automatically.

Edited by Tatile

Unfortunately the CSR Droids who handle in-game support are not in a position to discuss future content with the players, whether it be story content, PvE or PvP. To a large extent they aren't allowed to discuss current content either. Their stock response is to post queries of such nature on the official forum, therefore making this something that EA/Bioware actively encourage.

This is not about an overblown sense of entitlement. This is about upholding Bioware to a standard that it itself has set and yet in part failed to keep to.

Also, private email responses are nice, but they are not available to the community at large unless the receiver wishes to publish the email correspondence. By posting questions for the developers on the Official forums, one endeavours to make the response available to the community automatically.

So, let's hear from you.

What is your threshold number of posts per day that you need to see in the Dev Tracker before you accept that they're communicating enough?

You know, I was starting to wonder if I should maintain this list or not, but then I noticed today that the Dev Tracker has 1 page. Everything else has been deleted.

The dev tracker returns an arbitrary number of pages every time, probably as many as it finds within a specific time frame. If you manually page it forward (i.e., append "?page=x" to the URL), it works. For example, ?page=42 currently takes you back to dev posts from April.

Obviously I can't authoritatively say whether any dev posts have been deleted, but I can say that a significant majority are definitely still there. It's just that the dev post auto-searcher is decidedly odd. :jawa_tongue:

Why do people think their are entitled to constant communication in every form possible? If you have questions, send in an email. Whenever I've had issues with the game, I've emailed them and gotten prompt responses. This is a video game, not a babysitting service. They don't need to hold our hands and constantly "talk" to us to re-assure us.

Why do I want communication? Ok, let's discuss.

You're quite right that this is a video game. This, however, is not a buy-once-and-be-done video game, but rather a subscription based service. Whether I purchase continuing service is dependent on whether I currently enjoy the game and whether I think the game will continue to be worth my money. I currently enjoy the game, but the way I decide whether it will be enjoyable in the future is by checking the website, these forums, etc. for word on what's coming and when. When there is sparse communication about what and when then I am disinclined to continue to pay money to a service that 1) seems to have no clear direction and 2) had SAID they were going to communicate more (Allison just reiterated that) and yet we see an average of 4 posts per day (most of which have no significant information) which, in my opinion, is insufficient.

Now, your opinion on what is sufficient communication is obviously different from mine. Great, fabulous, wonderful. So what? How is my request for more communication a problem for you?

I'm frustrated. I've been playing since December. I like this game quite a lot, but when things are obviously in flux, it makes it difficult to have any confidence in their ability to produce something I will want to play. I appreciate Allison's answer on why the Dev Tracker was at one page. Those clarifications help a good deal. But when you look at the questions that have not been answered for MONTHS (when will paid transfers be implimented, when will people be forced off their low-pop servers, are SGRAs still in development) and items such as whether the Makeb patch will be free or charged for subscribers...well, I would like to see some answers.

And Kubernetic, I'd like to see somewhere in the realm of a dozen per day. I'd prefer quality over quantity, but if they're not going to give us quality then they'd do well to make up for it with quantity.