Asians - Where you Playing?

Toroi

Okay, I live in Japan and have been playing on a typical West Coast server, but that has made this a single player game. I simply can't get groups to do flashpoints and heroics. So, I kind of waited for the so-called Asia-Pacific (actually Oceanic) servers, but they located them in Aus, which is rather unfortunate.

So, I've rolled a new character on one of the new servers to see just how bad it would be. I get about a 280ms latency, about double my 140ms latency on my West Coast server. Not unplayable, but certainly not ideal.

So, I'm starting a thread to get a feel for where it makes the most sense to play. I see people still on the Harbinger during my time, but my fear is if I roll there, then come April, when the transfers open, it'll be dead again during my play time.

So, where are those of you who get bad pings in Aus, but still play in the Asian time zones going to play? Are you planning on just suffering the bad pings so you can play in the right time zone and get groups and guilds, or going to stay put?

I just want to actually experience the multiplayer part of this game and don't want to level to 50 and find that I'm still stuck with no guild and no way to find a group.

So, yeah, lets get the Asian community together and figure out where we are going to play.

Cheers

I'm just accepting the crappy ping to the Aussie servers. At least come April there will be lots of people to play with. I started a new character and with 350 ping I'm not expecting miracles in PvP, but there isn't really any noticeable difference for PvE

I started on Harbinger and like you, I get way better pings to US west coast, but my whole guild and so many other are set to transfer off. MMOs are just not fun on dead servers.

Edited by aarka

hey there.

if you're looking at pve server. you can come anc check us out in The Harbinger.

<Cookies & Kreame> is the largest asian guild in the server housing players from all over asia.

come check us out. we currently have 3 groups of Ops team going every week farming HM and forming the 4th group soon. come check us out.

http://www.cookies.forumotion.me

click on my sig for the recruitment thread.

hey there.

if you're looking at pve server. you can come anc check us out in The Harbinger.

<Cookies & Kreame> is the largest asian guild in the server housing players from all over asia.

come check us out. we currently have 3 groups of Ops team going every week farming HM and forming the 4th group soon. come check us out.

So, your guild members are for the most part staying on The Harbinger, then?

I'm hoping to let me and other Asian time zone players get a feel for where to play, especially following the April free transfers.

I live in Japan as well as several other guildies.

You can come try Nadd's Sarcophagus (West coast PVP, Republic side)

I can't guarantee that it will improve your playtime (it might worsen !) but I've been on every day during the evening/early night (until 2am roughly) and there are usually a few people logged on. Early birds living in central or west coast USA also log on at that time.

The weekends are where I get the most out of the game, with several raids going on, premades, questing in group etc

One thing though, I am definitely not switching servers. My guild is awesome with tons of active people. It would be such a waste to switch and lose it all.

Edited by Gauvi

hey there.

The only problem is that he'd have to be in a guild called "Cookies & Kreame". Be in a guild with that name or have no one to play with... tough choice.

Sadly, seems while most of the Aus and NZ players will migrate, the rest of us will remain kind of fractured and spread around. I am still torn between moving to The Harbinger or moving to one of the Aus servers. Don't really want to have to wait until April to see how the populations will end up, which is why I started this thread.

I'm just accepting the crappy ping to the Aussie servers. At least come April there will be lots of people to play with. I started a new character and with 350 ping I'm not expecting miracles in PvP, but there isn't really any noticeable difference for PvE

I started on Harbinger and like you, I get way better pings to US west coast, but my whole guild and so many other are set to transfer off. MMOs are just not fun on dead servers.

the ping is horrible,

i get 36x ping in asia server,

only 15x at swiftxxx server,

my main char is in infinity empire,

ping is 18x

where should i transfer if i can get a free transfer?

the ping is horrible,

i get 36x ping in asia server,

only 15x at swiftxxx server,

my main char is in infinity empire,

ping is 18x

where should i transfer if i can get a free transfer?

Free transfers are at the end of April and only to those 4 countries Bioware considers Asia-Pacific (which excludes most of Asia). And the question as to where to play is really a combination of best ping and finding people to play with in the right time zone. I'm still unsure what I will do, actually.

Been playing on The Harbinger from Japan since release. My latency is typically 140ish and it's always been sort of a '24 hour server.' I play at all hours of the day and it's always pretty populated - I play on the Republic side, the factions are pretty equal, I know Empire side has a large Asian guild, so you really can't go wrong either way.

Been playing on The Harbinger from Japan since release. My latency is typically 140ish and it's always been sort of a '24 hour server.' I play at all hours of the day and it's always pretty populated - I play on the Republic side, the factions are pretty equal, I know Empire side has a large Asian guild, so you really can't go wrong either way.

Well, from a pre-Oceanic server perspective Harbinger is a no-brainer, but my concern is after the free transfer become available, how many will be left on Harbinger? I've chatted with a fair number on the new servers that are mostly playing their mains there but will be gone once transfer become available.