Another post about light-/darkside

Boissi

So eh. Today I realized I haven't been gaining any darkside points for the last week or so. I know, kind of late, but anyway.. So my darkside is capped @ 10000, and my lightside points are 700, which gets me to a grand total of -9300, dark IV. What that cap means is that I will NEVER get to use Dark V relics. Never. I'm now stuck using level 43 dark IV relics, because I can't for the life of me find a single relic that doesn't have a restriction. I got one 50 from an instance, but it's Dark V, and ah is full of 50 relics, but all with Dark V or Light V requirement.

So what this basically means is that if I choose the light side choice even ONCE in the entire game, I'll forever be locked out of the Dark V gear. Why oh why oh WHY can't I just farm more darkside points until my grand total is -10000? It would be very easy to do in flashpoints, and in there I wouldn't even care if it conflicted with my character's personality. I've always known that the system is pretty bad, but this is ridiculous. I never knew it would cap at 10000, and now I'm just stuck at Dark IV forever. And even worse: if in the future I want to pick more lightside choices, I'll only be going backwards. I might end up at Dark III with absolutely no way to ever go higher.

It just seems like such horrendous design that I can't help but hope it's a bug that you can't go over 10000 into either side. And if it's really Bioware's idea of good design then... anyone know of any places to get level 50 relics with no restrictions...? :p

They should just make an option for you at the beginning of the the game if you want a lightside or darkside character. Then just sit back and watch as the game automatically makes the the choice for you every conversation. That way I don't have to waste energy pressing my space bar.

They should just make an option for you at the beginning of the the game if you want a lightside or darkside character. Then just sit back and watch as the game automatically makes the the choice for you every conversation. That way I don't have to waste energy pressing my space bar.

Hey look, theres a game that was made just for people like you. Its called WoW.

Now get out of SWTOR and stop telling Bioware to mess with my story.

Hey look, theres a game that was made just for people like you. Its called WoW.

Now get out of SWTOR and stop telling Bioware to mess with my story.

You are not understanding at all. WHAT story? I'll laugh when you get to endgame and you realize you will never be able to get the gear you need because you made even a COUPLE choices that will ruin your chances of getting the best artifacts. Failure to detect sarcasm.

Edited by Ramurdyne

This is how it works.

EXAMPLE:

You have 10,000 Dark Side Points and 700 Light Side Points, putting you at 9,300.

You make a choice that awards you 200 Dark Side Points, it subtracts 200 points from your Light Side Points.

You now have 10,000 Dark Side Points and 500 light side points bringing you to 9,500 Dark Side.

Farm 500 more Dark Side points, and then you'll be at 10,000.

This is how it works.

EXAMPLE:

You have 10,000 Dark Side Points and 700 Light Side Points, putting you at 9,300.

You make a choice that awards you 200 Dark Side Points, it subtracts 200 points from your Light Side Points.

You now have 10,000 Dark Side Points and 500 light side points bringing you to 9,500 Dark Side.

Farm 500 more Dark Side points, and then you'll be at 10,000.

Nope, you can't farm more points for the side you want. Light points will always subtract from dark points, and 10k is the cap for either side. Once you hit that, you get no more no matter how many dark choices you make.

Nope, you can't farm more points for the side you want. Light points will always subtract from dark points, and 10k is the cap for either side. Once you hit that, you get no more no matter how many dark choices you make.

Nope you're wrong. When I hit cap I had 1000 dark side points, and wanted Light Side 5. So I farmed 1000 more light side points and now I'm light side 5 with 10,000 light side points and 0 Dark Side. Gratz on being wrong.

Edited by DarthBetaTester

Nope you're wrong. When I hit cap I had 1000 dark side points, and wanted Light Side 5. So I farmed 1000 more light side points and now I'm light side 5. Gratz on being wrong.

That's really weird, since light choices stopped giving me points, and light diplomacy missions stopped changing my alignment as well.

Stuck at 9000 light, with 1000 dark, and no quest has changed it.

Edited by Hambunctious

I've even made Dark Side choices since hitting max, which brought me back down, and then I would make another light side choice later on and it would bump me back up.

Then you are one of the few where this works. In fact, you're the first person in these forums I have seen who wasn't stuck.

So what we need to find out if this is a bug because if it is than its going to be a big problem. Does anyone else know if the lightside darkside points cap and nothing will change it? or if you can farm lightside or darkside points up to any amount?

I've got 6900 dark side points and 50 light side points until now(I'm darkIV) I don't remember when did I choose a light side option on the conversation(probably on a stupid flashpoint) and now you guys say that I will never reach to darkV? Thıs is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

That's how it was for me in closed beta as well. I couldn't make the opposite points go away no matter how many light choices I made afterward.

I was told that's how it works back then, and you have to live with your choices.

I'm not a special snowflake, everyone who I have talked to about this in guild have had the same experience that I have. So I guess you are broken.

Whenever I reached 10,000 light side points, I still had around 60 dark side points. Whenever I received any more LS points, it subtracted that amount from my dark side total. Soon after I earned my "the pure" title from LS V.

So I do not know what is going on with anyone else, but I have been able to reach Light V and I have made DS choices.

Edit: it should be notes that my DS point total did not drop until I had 10,000 LS points

Edited by Bleedbloo

Whenever I reached 10,000 light side points, I still had around 60 dark side points. Whenever I received any more LS points, it subtracted that amount from my dark side total. Soon after I earned my "the pure" title from LS V.

So I do not know what is going on with anyone else, but I have been able to reach Light V and I have made DS choices.

Edit: it should be notes that my DS point total did not drop until I had 10,000 LS points

I expect you have to purge the remaining DS points with good deeds then which makes sense in my mind.