Free Warzones/ Operations !

ninjaworrior

Dear Star wars Community/Bioware,

1. PLEASE Put Warzones FREE for Free to Play players who can;t Afford your expensive Subscription ( and yes its very expensive for Alot of people who dont use US Dollars currency) Many more players would be doin Warzones if it were free, Honestly as a Free to play player you cannot Enjoy or Play this game As free to play you can do operations / warzones a big part of the game like really? I dont care if you were to REduce the Reward that Free to play players get from Warzones or Operations, The Main reason for doing Warzones is because its FUN , but you take away the fun when u only give Free to play players 5 warzones a week, which that 5 matches finishes in like 1 hour, and as far as operations go, There also a really fun part of the game twice as fun as warzones, but as you know there is Story mode. Hardmode and Nightmare mode Operations Please just make at Least Story mode Operations FREE for Free to play players so they get some Fun/ Something to do !

2. Reduce the Cost of Subscription and remove it as recurring, for most games There Subcription is usually 10USD dollars, but you guys charge 15$USD for subscription, Not Every Single Player out there Lives in the US and share the same currency as the US, Sub cost almost 3x as much for me of what you guys charge i really like this guy I urge to please stop Taking advantage of your players, and one last thing i don't get why wouldnt just give us all the Knights of the fallen empire Chapters for free if we alrd subbed once ? why not just give us the entire expansion for free, Thats a Total Rip off! >.< :mad:

Edited by ninjaworrior

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Star wars Community/Bioware

Just to mention, you're probably not going to get a positive reaction from folks around here. There are hundreds of these threads already and most of them don't end well.

But a suggestion - The access to Ops can be purchased from the cartel market as a token and is resellable. You may want to work out an arrangement with a fellow guildie to exchange materials or something along those lines in trade for that token. I know when I was a f2p player, folks were willing to help each other out for stuff like this.

Just a thought

Good luck

yeah thanks for your Input on this. How ever the operations/warzone passses you still have to pay for with real money , and there over millions on the GTN as a F2p player or preferred only allowed to have 200k for F2p and 350k for preferred so yeah that really blows if we had a n infinite credit cap a f2p player could farm away creds and buy the passes yeah, but they made it almost impossible Unless you have a friends help.

Both of these features (operations and warzones) are restricted for non-subscribers precisely to encourage people to subscribe. You get a free taster of what warzones are like, and you pay for more, either by buying passes or by subscribing.

There's a couple of other suggestions buried in the OP's posts:

* No credit cap for non-subs.

* One-time subscription, presumably the GW2 model.

Neither of these is good for the game's future revenue because people don't need to keep on paying.

yeah thanks for your Input on this. How ever the operations/warzone passses you still have to pay for with real money , and there over millions on the GTN as a F2p player or preferred only allowed to have 200k for F2p and 350k for preferred so yeah that really blows if we had a n infinite credit cap a f2p player could farm away creds and buy the passes yeah, but they made it almost impossible Unless you have a friends help.

In 2013, when I started playing, I was FTP for 28 minutes before I realized that the only real way to enjoy all the content of the game was to subscribe. There were simply too many unlocks staring me in the face. Subscription price equals the cost of a medium-size order of pizza + tip once a month. Divide how many hours you'll enjoy that pizza versus the game, and it becomes worth it.

for you my Friend it may cost 1 pizza in my currency its the cost of almost 3 pizzas ( no joke ) Thats why i mentioned not every1 shares the same currency, it may be bad for there revenue but at this point its not even Free to Play, its more of a Trial there false Avertising that FREE to Play for more people to Join and play then Sub, but for basic things such as a PVP warzone Why make us Pay for that ? and Player levels ? Most MMORPG's Player Levels are Free, and Stuff such as Pvp warzones are completely free but other Additional stuff Like the cartel market i can understand. Im Sure there are many Others who agree with me.

I dont care if FREE to PLAY players Receive the same Amount of Rewards a Sub would receive from warzones/ or any Credit at all,

Most Players enjoy pvp like myself just being able to do it is Enough, as on other games i played, I did pvp just for the fun of it not for the Credit it gave, that s all i ask..

I also don't care if F2P players were only allowed 3 Operations per Week and the rest we got 0 rewards from it or even 1 item from it.

Give us Free player levels. as a F2P i was Stuck at Level 50 while all my friends/guildmates were at lvl 65 so it wouldnt be easy to group up with them to do warzones if im level 50 and there 65 you can already guess the MANY reasons why,

Buying and Ops pass and im Stuck at level 50 even if i could wear the purples there all level 65 please tell me you don't see the need for what implementing.

Edited by ninjaworrior

for you my Friend it may cost 1 pizza in my currency its the cost of almost 3 pizzas ( no joke ) Thats why i mentioned not every1 shares the same currency, it may be bad for there revenue but at this point its not even Free to Play, its more of a Trial there false Avertising that FREE to Play for more people to Join and play then Sub, but for basic things such as a PVP warzone Why make us Pay for that ? and Player levels ? Most MMORPG's Player Levels are Free, and Stuff such as Pvp warzones are completely free but other Additional stuff Like the cartel market i can understand. Im Sure there are many Others who agree with me.

There's no shortage of sub-only games with a "trial" mode that runs up to, say, level 20 (case in point: WoW).

If they didn't make people pay in some way for warzones, there are many (well, for sure not zero) who would sub long enough to enable access to max level, then do warzones without a sub.

There's no shortage of sub-only games with a "trial" mode that runs up to, say, level 20 (case in point: WoW).

If they didn't make people pay in some way for warzones, there are many (well, for sure not zero) who would sub long enough to enable access to max level, then do warzones without a sub.

Im sure many FREE to PLAY players would be 100% fine with being able to access warzones and get 0 Coms /credits from it, cause as i said above being able to just do it is Just Enough, if Free to Play players alrd have 5 warzones a week they get coms from that for gear which is level 65 and if they cant Purchase sub then there possibly stuck at lvl 50 so they cant use the pvp gear making warzone coms only good for Pvp stims, so theyd still get the benifit of being able to have some pvp fun, no1 ever forms groups to do outdoor pvp, they only pvp in warzones, even if its a heavy story related game. Also bringing up the need for Free Levels stuff like that we shouldnt have to pay for, and again this Post has no Effect on players who can afford to sub every month there bascially unaffected, they dont feel was Free to Play Players Feel.

I am all for increasing the amount of WZ's F2P can do, to say maybe 20 per week. Additionally I would like to see F2P able to do unlimited GSF with increased GSF rewards.

Main reason for this is the PvP/GSF player base is already so small, any increase to THAT PLAYER BASE would help everyone, including those who are subscribed.

I am all for increasing the amount of WZ's F2P can do, to say maybe 20 per week. Additionally I would like to see F2P able to do unlimited GSF with increased GSF rewards.

Main reason for this is the PvP/GSF player base is already so small, any increase to THAT PLAYER BASE would help everyone, including those who are subscribed.

Agreed, but im still sticking to what i said, 20 warzones a week is very little trust me, those 20 can be finished in a day esp for someone like me who enjoys pvp,

its more of a Trial there false Avertising that FREE to Play for more people to Join and play then Sub, but for basic things such as a PVP warzone Why make us Pay for that ?
You do not understand what "free to play" means. SWTOR provides greater access to the game than most MMOs in their Free to Play model. You get the entire core game ... eight class stories to completion. You get access to FPs and OPs and WZs. "Free to play" does not mean "Free unfettered access" ... there are (and should be) limits.

My understanding is that F2Pers are limited to the number of WZs they can run each week. That is much more than just "a taste" ... you get access to WZs each week ... forever. No one was promised unlimited access.

If you enjoy SWTOR PvP so much, then subscribe. If you can't afford to subscribe, then learn to accept the limits of F2P. If you can't accept the limits of F2P, then find a game that offers what you want. The last thing SWTOR needs is to create an excuse for more players to cancel their subscriptions.

Unless you have a friends help.

Which is what I suggested. Back when I was a f2p player, we had players who were willing to help out if they realized you were serious about playing and couldn't because of legit monetary issues. Some of us get by on $18 a week after we pay for the docs and the meds.

You just have to find those folks who are willing to help.

You do not understand what "free to play" means. SWTOR provides greater access to the game than most MMOs in their Free to Play model. You get the entire core game ... eight class stories to completion. You get access to FPs and OPs and WZs. "Free to play" does not mean "Free unfettered access" ... there are (and should be) limits.

My understanding is that F2Pers are limited to the number of WZs they can run each week. That is much more than just "a taste" ... you get access to WZs each week ... forever. No one was promised unlimited access.

If you enjoy SWTOR PvP so much, then subscribe. If you can't afford to subscribe, then learn to accept the limits of F2P. If you can't accept the limits of F2P, then find a game that offers what you want. The last thing SWTOR needs is to create an excuse for more players to cancel their subscriptions.

well see what from your perspective it wont really affect you so i can see why you dont really care, its simply not findign another game someone likes mate, if the player really enjoys Swtor, you can just tell them to quit because they a cant afford sub every month, it cost 50$ just for one month sub for me ^,^, ill give a game as an example, Age of Wushu, in age of wushu Free to play access allowed us to be able to access 80% of the games content for Free ( excluding Factions that needed specific item only Subs can get to join ) but what Subscription did was, grant more rewards from weekly missions , allow access to a certain faction ( There were classes for skills etc. which was all FREE , and Factions to but like 1-2 required u need Sub in the early to get into them ) but then they made it so you didnt need to sub , anyway even there Pvp warzones ( yes they had queue able Pvp Arenas ) Was comepletely Free Sub just got more Rewards than Non Subs,

You say " SWTOR provides greater access to the game than most MMOs in their Free to Play model. You get the entire core game " out of all the games ive played Swtor Does not, Swtor is the only Mmo game ive played that made you pay for levels, but then again im speaking for the People who Cant afford sub im not speaking for people like you who don't care but just want to criticize people, You can afford sub which let me guess cost only 20$ for you a month then i dont see why your On a Post thats meant to help the Free to Play Players, and im sure this would bring more players into the game .

Over on Age of Wushu, monthly subscriptions didnt cost nearly as much, and was worth the Payment, Many Players still payed for sub, and Sub didn't but was still able to enjoy the game , If I didn't Like this game then I wouldnt be here typing this now wouldn't I.

i dont see why your On a Post thats meant to help the Free to Play Players, and im sure this would bring more players into the game .

Maybe it's because F2P players get a hell of a lot more than they pay for. You want more than that then I am afraid you should pay for it.

I actually think F2P is actually too generous and if you add much on to it then really it's basically a sub loss as unlimited access to WZ's and OPS is what a lot of players actually subscribe for and when that happens the game starts making a loss then it closes down.

well see what from your perspective it wont really affect you so i can see why you dont really care, its simply not findign another game someone likes mate, if the player really enjoys Swtor, you can just tell them to quit because they a cant afford sub every month, it cost 50$ just for one month sub for me ^,^, ill give a game as an example, Age of Wushu, in age of wushu Free to play access allowed us to be able to access 80% of the games content for Free ( excluding Factions that needed specific item only Subs can get to join ) but what Subscription did was, grant more rewards from weekly missions , allow access to a certain faction ( There were classes for skills etc. which was all FREE , and Factions to but like 1-2 required u need Sub in the early to get into them ) but then they made it so you didnt need to sub , anyway even there Pvp warzones ( yes they had queue able Pvp Arenas ) Was comepletely Free Sub just got more Rewards than Non Subs,

You say " SWTOR provides greater access to the game than most MMOs in their Free to Play model. You get the entire core game " out of all the games ive played Swtor Does not, Swtor is the only Mmo game ive played that made you pay for levels, but then again im speaking for the People who Cant afford sub im not speaking for people like you who don't care but just want to criticize people, You can afford sub which let me guess cost only 20$ for you a month then i dont see why your On a Post thats meant to help the Free to Play Players, and im sure this would bring more players into the game .

Over on Age of Wushu, monthly subscriptions didnt cost nearly as much, and was worth the Payment, Many Players still payed for sub, and Sub didn't but was still able to enjoy the game , If I didn't Like this game then I wouldnt be here typing this now wouldn't I.

You dont understand the System in this game.

The Free to Play in this game refers to "Star Wars The Old Republic". At no Point anywhere in the F2P Page does it tell you that anything past this is part of the F2P model. We are now at an EXPANSION of the CORE game, which costs money, at this moment a monthly subscription. I dont know this Age of Wushu, but im sure, you dont get the latest expansions for free, only as a sub or as a one time payment (just like here Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan mind you)

And please tell me in which country you live, 50$ sounds like ********, no offense

and again this Post has no Effect on players who can afford to sub every month there bascially unaffected, they dont feel was Free to Play Players Feel.

That's what you are wrong about. There is no free lunch - someone always has to pay the bill. You're forgetting that even free to play games aren't really free. Development of new content costs money. That's the reason subscriptions exist. There are games where there is no subscription. They either do not provide any new content or they do it by one of these 2 options:

1) you buy the game and all future content on the average price of any new game(GW 2 is like that) and

2) - You go all the way F2P. Meaning P2W. Meaning you HAVE to buy stuff from the cash shop to be able to play the game efficiently.

As it is now you don't even have to buy SWTOR - you just download and play it. At the same time CM offers only cosmetic items. So actually this is not a F2P game - it's P2P with the option to play some of it for free.

So removing the restrictions for F2P players would most likely decrease the number of subscribers. Since the cost of new content stays the same this is likely going to further decrease the already poor rate of future content or make us spend more cash on CM.

You dont understand the System in this game.

The Free to Play in this game refers to "Star Wars The Old Republic". At no Point anywhere in the F2P Page does it tell you that anything past this is part of the F2P model. We are now at an EXPANSION of the CORE game, which costs money, at this moment a monthly subscription. I dont know this Age of Wushu, but im sure, you dont get the latest expansions for free, only as a sub or as a one time payment (just like here Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan mind you)

And please tell me in which country you live, 50$ sounds like ********, no offense

i Reside in the caribbean a country called St Lucia 1USD = 2.67 + taxes and bank charge fee on purchases.

and in age of wushu every expansion is Free ( and there major expansions that bring in new factions which give free outfits, 3 different skill set per Faction and at most 2 factions per the Current expansiosn thats going on , and its all Free all levels all Free level cap is still increasing right now and its all Free and they still get money cause they releas eStuff like an outfit that cost alot of cash so they get money off that and people do buy it ,

That's what you are wrong about. There is no free lunch - someone always has to pay the bill. You're forgetting that even free to play games aren't really free. Development of new content costs money. That's the reason subscriptions exist. There are games where there is no subscription. They either do not provide any new content or they do it by one of these 2 options:

1) you buy the game and all future content on the average price of any new game(GW 2 is like that) and

2) - You go all the way F2P. Meaning P2W. Meaning you HAVE to buy stuff from the cash shop to be able to play the game efficiently.

As it is now you don't even have to buy SWTOR - you just download and play it. At the same time CM offers only cosmetic items. So actually this is not a F2P game - it's P2P with the option to play some of it for free.

So removing the restrictions for F2P players would most likely decrease the number of subscribers. Since the cost of new content stays the same this is likely going to further decrease the already poor rate of future content or make us spend more cash on CM.

well your not wrong but still It may decrease the subscription rate but it would bring in many more players, and when some of those players see the increased benefits of sub then they may or may not Sub, but still i can tell you one of the reasons i left the game when i was F2p cause i was stuck at lvl 50 while all my friends were level 60 and i couldn't do anything Much, the game was really dead for me, until i got sub i was able to really Enjoy the game, but not every1 can afford to pay sub everymonth as i said so ive Played this game as f2p for a Long time and Ive played as sub so i know how F2p currently sucks.

well your not wrong but still It may decrease the subscription rate but it would bring in many more players, and when some of those players see the increased benefits of sub then they may or may not Sub,

May or may not sub is not good enough, what do you think the game runs off, its subs and cartel market, you start removing the subs from the income pool then the game really won't last that long.

Players alone will not sustain this game without paying into it. That is a guarantee.

i Reside in the caribbean a country called St Lucia 1USD = 2.67 + taxes and bank charge fee on purchases.

and in age of wushu every expansion is Free ( and there major expansions that bring in new factions which give free outfits, 3 different skill set per Faction and at most 2 factions per the Current expansiosn thats going on , and its all Free all levels all Free level cap is still increasing right now and its all Free and they still get money cause they releas eStuff like an outfit that cost alot of cash so they get money off that and people do buy it ,

Age of Wushu is $#!t. Its a garbage MMO designed for loli's and weebos. The developers are probably weebo hippies. But I suppose with a worthless game like that they can't sell it for money...so they have to make it free.

Don't worry guys everybody go home. Its just a selfish, whining weebo looking for a free ride.

well your not wrong but still It may decrease the subscription rate but it would bring in many more players, and when some of those players see the increased benefits of sub then they may or may not Sub, but still i can tell you one of the reasons i left the game when i was F2p cause i was stuck at lvl 50 while all my friends were level 60 and i couldn't do anything Much, the game was really dead for me, until i got sub i was able to really Enjoy the game, but not every1 can afford to pay sub everymonth as i said so ive Played this game as f2p for a Long time and Ive played as sub so i know how F2p currently sucks.

I love how you try to say it might bring in more players who might see the increased benefits of sub, while at the same time try to minimize the benefits of a sub by asking that sub benefits be given to F2P. :rolleyes:

Bottom line: this game is not a charity. It's completely irrelevant what your favorite aspect of the game is, or how much you enjoy it; you do not deserve unlimited access to squat if you aren't paying for it like the rest of us.

I swear some of you guys dont understand anything, Just come onto peoples posts to feel good about yourself ^.^ but have at it i didnt create this post for this nor do i care what negative comments/remarks you have to make I posted my suggestion and ill end it here instead of slamming down players who are trying to help why dont you do some productive with your time and try to help others.

Age of Wushu is $#!t. Its a garbage MMO designed for loli's and weebos. The developers are probably weebo hippies. But I suppose with a worthless game like that they can't sell it for money...so they have to make it free.

Don't worry guys everybody go home. Its just a selfish, whining weebo looking for a free ride.

you say Age of wushu is a Garbage Mmo, Id love to see you create your own Mmo and Top theres ^.^, i've played age of wushu for years and i can tell you its not Garbage. its sad to see the true nature of Immature players like you, theres a saying if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all.

Edited by ninjaworrior

In 2013, when I started playing, I was FTP for 28 minutes before I realized that the only real way to enjoy all the content of the game was to subscribe. There were simply too many unlocks staring me in the face. Subscription price equals the cost of a medium-size order of pizza + tip once a month. Divide how many hours you'll enjoy that pizza versus the game, and it becomes worth it.

You really should have stopped & read what he wrote before you responded. He already stated in other countries!

Just because some people eat pizza all the time, go out to eat, go to starbucks everyday, IT doesn't mean that everyone does; in America or worldwide!

Same with the whole ".15/day" argument. Not everyone makes .15/day or if they do that has to be allotted to other things.

I for one am for what the OP asks.

Warzones were already supposed to be made unlimited for all players. The Devs even stated that, but have since forgotten to implement that. Maybe because of the work around, I'm not sure.

As for OPS, it needs to be free too. You have to buy a token from the CM to use any of the gear that drops in there. Plus you have a credit cap & I think a lower coms cap. So it would still make BW money while at the same time upping the active community in that aspect.

Especially considering the price range of the Passes sold on the GTN now. It's beyond ridiculous. There is NO reason a Warzone pass should cost on the up of 1 million! Nor Ops passes multiple millions.

I for one think that BW, if they won't make the ops & wz free, should put credit limits on those, sort of like WoW has done with their time tokens. Making all passes 350k the highest you can sell at.

If not, what with the credit inflation they need to raise credit cap to 1mill for F2P and 2mil for Preferred. Seeing as nowadays that's equivocal to what used to be 200k or so.

Just to point out, the fact that you are writing on the forums means you are currently subbing, so while it may be expensive for you, you are still paying it. Further, from what I can tell, you are probably subbing just to do pvp. So if BW makes PVP completely free, they are immediately out $50 just from you alone because you will probably unsub. Now multiply that by however many people would do the exact same (if warzones and ops were free, I would probably unsub too to be honest, at that point the only thing left is the credit cap to differentiate F2P and subs).

So while there may be more people in the WZs (I can agree with your point there), BW as a company doesn't care how many people actively play the game. They care about how much money it brings in. So if there is 10x as many people in WZs, but 20% fewer subscribers, this would be a bad idea from BWs perspective.