Assassin Class Representative

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As we explained in this thread, we are launching a new program where you, the players, will elect a representative for your Advanced Class. This person should be someone who is an active member of your class community, is respectful towards other members, and is very knowledgeable about the state of your class. Reply below with your nominations! Please nominate other players by their forum handles.

As a note, keep things positive! Normal forum rules still apply.

-The Community Team

Edited by TaitWatson

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself to everyone. I go by hobowithastick on the forums but am known on the POTF server as Yaddle.

I think what would make me good at this position is my experience with all the skill tree's. While I won't claim I am the best of know everything I am always open to learning more and listening to others. Assassin is by far my favorite advanced class in the game.

I also have in my guild the highest Assassin Dps(according to TORPARSE) player remaining in game in my guild. He's a very good resource for ideas and collaboration.

What I will do for you.

Just like the Job says in Erics post. I will gather the questions asked by the community and the 3 most important ones will be conveyed to the combat team.

I would also have a selected night I would open up my teamspeak to those who message me in game or PM me on swtor site and we could have an open discussion in there if enough people would be interested.

Toons

Yaddle: 55 Assassin Darkness spec cleared all the content in the game outside of the new NM content. /played 34 days 20hours. I've played this toon since nearly launch and have loved every bit of it. I understand the Assassin community has many concerns about tanking right now, I myself have some very good ideas on how to get that back where it needs to be and with the support of the community I know we can do it.

Here is a video of me getting warstalker (Level 50) back in the NM EC days.

Ellie: 55 Assassin Deception Spec While I've yet to play PVE with this toon I do play PVP and have had to toon exclusively for PVP. /played 7 days 23 hours While I haven't played this as much as my tank I do understand the tree very well and play to what I feel is a much higher level then what most Sins do. Coming out on top dps most games with a single target build is always very rewarding.

Emanuele: 42 Jedi Shadow Balance /played 3 days 22 hours. While I will admit I don't have the most experience with balance/Madness I do understand that its in a little need of some help. I promise to make a effort to learn more about this spec and how to improve it.

Good luck to everyone that signs up for this and may the force be with you.

Edited by HoboWithAStick

NamikazeNaruto would be my vote specifically for Assassins. I'd nominate Waka, but he has not been active for a while.

Wakalord (Eatenbydistance) is currently active. He gets my vote for PVP rep.

Since there are only going to be two representatives who will alternate in collectively representing shadows+assassins, I think one rep should be PVP focused while the other is PVE centric. In that case I'd go with:

PVE- Kitru (shadow)

PVP - Eatenbydistance (assassin)

Hands down

Edited by Projawa

You guys have stop saying 'Xinka'

* She never uses Focus Target

* Watch her vids. Watch her GCD cooldown on her hotbar. The way she moves in game, she is unable to chain GCDs back to back to back. She always has large gaps because she's can't stay facing a target

* She doesn't use a variety of grenades. She only carries seismic

She has been told about these things time and time again, and she just ignores it. It was cool when playing on a PvE server but now that her guild is on Po5 and getting whoomped, hopefully the message is getting drilled in.

You don't want someone that ignores solid suggestions though, which is exactly what Xinka does.

Edited by KettleBelll

You guys have stop saying 'Xinka'

* She never uses Focus Target

* Watch her vids. Watch her GCD cooldown on her hotbar. The way she moves in game, she is unable to chain GCDs back to back to back. She always has large gaps because she's can't stay facing a target

* She doesn't use a variety of grenades. She only carries seismic

She has been told about these things time and time again, and she just ignores it. It was cool when playing on a PvE server but now that her guild is on Po5 and getting whoomped, hopefully the message is getting drilled in.

You don't want someone that ignores solid suggestions though, which is exactly what Xinka does.

First of all, stop being jealous. That's all I can take from your little bash sesh here.

Second of all, what the hell do you think highlight videos are for. Apparently if having a focus target setup when you are chilling out in normals means you are terrible, then I guess that makes all of us terrible. (Not to mention how buggy the damn thing is)

Third of all,

"Watch her vids. Watch her GCD cooldown on her hotbar. The way she moves in game, she is unable to chain GCDs back to back to back. She always has large gaps because she's can't stay facing a target"

is completely false. Duel her and I can guarantee that she doesn't even miss a single beat.

"* She doesn't use a variety of grenades. She only carries seismic"

is this a serious concern? Stop wasting our time.

Point being, Xinika in my opinion has helped all of the shadows/assassins on the server greatly with all her videos/guides/gearing tips. This is a thread to show some respect and gratitude for her and others efforts. Keep your jealousy out of it.

Thanks

Edited by Xacuter