I Hope Lana is Complicit in the Betrayal...

MishaCantu

In all fairness, I hope that Lana is complicit in Theron's betrayal. That way, if you kill him, she dies too. If you exile him, the same happens to her. And if you forgive him, then she still hangs around (just not in my bedroom while I'm sleeping, please. It is rather creepy.)

This way, nobody gets to take the moral high ground.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, I hope that Lana is complicit in Theron's betrayal. That way, if you kill him, she dies too. If you exile him, the same happens to her. And if you forgive him, then she still hangs around (just not in my bedroom while I'm sleeping, please. It is rather creepy.)

Well, as I always say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I hope she is too, if for no other reason than I don't want to see blondie-poo as my only running mate in future activities. I don't want to see her looming over my sleeping/unconscious/comatose/or carbon frozen body ever again. I don't want her pulling an Edward Cullen and watching me in my bedroom either.

It would stand to reason that she is complicit, it's not beyond the realm of possibility. In fact on youtube there are several conspiracy theories that suggest the 'betrayal' was carefully orchestrated, including Lana taking the hit, Theron being as accurate as a stormtrooper and the window getting busted for easy escape.

Not that I have any real death wish for Lana, but if they mean to kill or kill option Theron, I want the same treatment for blondie.

I don't think it's at all fair to suggest that if LI A gets killed off, LI B should, too. Especially when LI B is the only F/F option in the entire game.

I do think they should give you more options about the companions you can take on missions - there are way more chapters where I had to run with companions I disliked or hated - I hated being forced to run chapters with Senya, SCORPIO, Kaliyo, Koth, etc. and to have to use other companions instead of the ones I wanted and had leveled up. But Lana and Theron actually have nearly the same amount of time as companions, especially in KOTET and the more current content, so it applies to both of them (don't believe me? I broke it down. And in three cases, you don't have Lana there if you choose another path).

The issue is that whenever anyone has a kill option they become a ghost - nobody wants that for their LI. I wouldn't want it for Theron fans; I would hope they'd give Lana fans the same empathy.

And I am SO SICK of hearing about that "lurking in your bedroom" thing. She's on the ship. Sitting at a desk. Studying the holocron, which is supposed to protect you, and which nobody else can know about. Um. Yeah. That suggests she might need to stick close by. And the other two times, she's there in the medbay with Koth and Theron.

Chapter 1: Darth Marr

Chapter 2: None

Chapter 3: Lana Beniko

Chapter 4: Lana Beniko; Koth Vortena; HK-55 (equal)

Chapter 5: HK-55; Lana Beniko; Senya Tirall (additional companion)

Chapter 6: HK-55: Senya Tirall

Chapter 7: Senya Tirall; Koth Vortena (option to switch Senya for Koth halfway through); T7-01 (additional companion)

Chapter 8: T7-01; HK-55; Koth Vortena; Lana Beniko (equal). Rescue by Lana and additional companion time at end of chapter only if she is romanced; otherwise, Koth.

Chapter 9: None. Optional conversation or romance lock-in with Lana, Theron or Koth depending on player choices.

Chapter 10: Kaliyo Djannis (primary); Theron Shan

Chapter 11: Aric Jorgan; Theron Shan

Chapter 12: None

Chapter 13: Gault Rennow; Vette

Chapter 14: Torian Caldera

Chapter 15: SCORPIO; Senya Tirall

Chapter 16: Lana Beniko; entire group

KOTET:

Chapter 1: Theron Shan (primary) Lana Beniko

Chapter 2: Empress Acina

Chapter 3: Koth Vortena (primary); Lana Beniko

Chapter 4: Theron Shan; Torian Caldera; Vette

Chapter 5: Vette

Chapter 6: Theron Shan

Chapter 7: Lana Beniko

Chapter 8: Either Lana Beniko; Theron Shan OR Senya Tirall; Arcann

Chapter 9: Either Lana Beniko; Theron Shan OR Senya Tirall; Arcann; possibly Lord Dramath and Arcann

Star Fortress mission support/narration: Theron Shan

Iokath: Theron Shan

Umbara: Lana Beniko (primary); Theron Shan

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I don't think it's at all fair to suggest that if LI A gets killed off, LI B should, too. Especially when LI B is the only F/F option in the entire game.

I do think they should give you more options about the companions you can take on missions - there are way more chapters where I had to run with companions I disliked or hated - I hated being forced to run chapters with Senya, SCORPIO, Kaliyo, Koth, etc. and to have to use other companions instead of the ones I wanted and had leveled up. But Lana and Theron actually have nearly the same amount of time as companions, especially in KOTET and the more current content, so it applies to both of them (don't believe me? I broke it down. And in three cases, you don't have Lana there if you choose another path).

The issue is that whenever anyone has a kill option they become a ghost - nobody wants that for their LI. I wouldn't want it for Theron fans; I would hope they'd give Lana fans the same empathy.

And I am SO SICK of hearing about that "lurking in your bedroom" thing. She's on the ship. Sitting at a desk. Studying the holocron, which is supposed to protect you, and which nobody else can know about. Um. Yeah. That suggests she might need to stick close by. And the other two times, she's there in the medbay with Koth and Theron.

Chapter 1: Darth Marr

Chapter 2: None

Chapter 3: Lana Beniko

Chapter 4: Lana Beniko; Koth Vortena; HK-55 (equal)

Chapter 5: HK-55; Lana Beniko; Senya Tirall (additional companion)

Chapter 6: HK-55: Senya Tirall

Chapter 7: Senya Tirall; Koth Vortena (option to switch Senya for Koth halfway through); T7-01 (additional companion)

Chapter 8: T7-01; HK-55; Koth Vortena; Lana Beniko (equal). Rescue by Lana and additional companion time at end of chapter only if she is romanced; otherwise, Koth.

Chapter 9: None. Optional conversation or romance lock-in with Lana, Theron or Koth depending on player choices.

Chapter 10: Kaliyo Djannis (primary); Theron Shan

Chapter 11: Aric Jorgan; Theron Shan

Chapter 12: None

Chapter 13: Gault Rennow; Vette

Chapter 14: Torian Caldera

Chapter 15: SCORPIO; Senya Tirall

Chapter 16: Lana Beniko; entire group

KOTET:

Chapter 1: Theron Shan (primary) Lana Beniko

Chapter 2: Empress Acina

Chapter 3: Koth Vortena (primary); Lana Beniko

Chapter 4: Theron Shan; Torian Caldera; Vette

Chapter 5: Vette

Chapter 6: Theron Shan

Chapter 7: Lana Beniko

Chapter 8: Either Lana Beniko; Theron Shan OR Senya Tirall; Arcann

Chapter 9: Either Lana Beniko; Theron Shan OR Senya Tirall; Arcann; possibly Lord Dramath and Arcann

Star Fortress mission support/narration: Theron Shan

Iokath: Theron Shan

Umbara: Lana Beniko (primary); Theron Shan

You broke it down by appearance, but I'd be interested in a break down using actual screentime because it feels like Lana is on a lot more than Theron is. Maybe one day if I get bored enough, I'll go through the chapters and actually run a stopwatch and make notes.

A greater variety of companion choices to run chapters with, or a choice with who you run would be nice. Like you have three people to run a mission with and you choose your fav from the wheel and then run with that companion.

Lana always got the more important gigs, like being the one to thaw the player out. I for one would have appreciated to be thawed out by Theron. It would've made more sense, being as I romanced him and not Lana.

I am fed up with finding the woman always lurking over me. I don't want HER lurking over me lol. That might be fine for you, because you enjoy her. I would prefer to have Theron lurk over me lol.

In all honesty, I would prefer that everyone be happy and get what they want, but sadly in visiting various sites, my happiness and those of other Theronites and other companion fans seem to always be at the mercy of the Lana lovers. I'm telling you, if they'd made her the traitor, there would have been blood and unsubbing.

And Theron is pretty much the only M/M option too. Few people like Koth and we saw what happened to him once he was killable. He shuts up forever.

You broke it down by appearance, but I'd be interested in a break down using actual screentime because it feels like Lana is on a lot more than Theron is. Maybe one day if I get bored enough, I'll go through the chapters and actually run a stopwatch and make notes.

A greater variety of companion choices to run chapters with, or a choice with who you run would be nice. Like you have three people to run a mission with and you choose your fav from the wheel and then run with that companion.

Lana always got the more important gigs, like being the one to thaw the player out. I for one would have appreciated to be thawed out by Theron. It would've made more sense, being as I romanced him and not Lana.

I am fed up with finding the woman always lurking over me. I don't want HER lurking over me lol. That might be fine for you, because you enjoy her. I would prefer to have Theron lurk over me lol.

In all honesty, I would prefer that everyone be happy and get what they want, but sadly in visiting various sites, my happiness and those of other Theronites and other companion fans seem to always be at the mercy of the Lana lovers. I'm telling you, if they'd made her the traitor, there would have been blood and unsubbing.

And Theron is pretty much the only M/M option too. Few people like Koth and we saw what happened to him once he was killable. He shuts up forever.

I honestly think some people hate Lana to the point where if they have to even see or talk to her in group scenes they complain that she's being "pushed on them." I've seen so much Lana hate, and it's sad to me that some people (not you, just saying some) seem to think that liking one of the two characters means you have to hate the other and want them gone. There's room in most people' s hearts to have more than one friend. :)

She's barely in the the end of KOTFE and in KOTET it's divvied up equally, and her romance has less flirts than Theron's. Plus, Theron has books and comics that Lana's fans would love to have - but don't. PLUS, we end up dealing with the Shan Family all over the place with Satele in KOTFE and Jace Malcom in Iokath (and even Revan if we want to get technical). I don't think anyone could really think it's unequal given all that.

I mean...think about the knowledge the player gets about Theron vs. Lana. You know Theron's background, who he trained with, a lot of his early years, his ancestors, his parents, etc. You know...Lana's parents' first names, profession and the planet she grew up on, and that she had Harkun as a trainer. And that's all.

I do think that it didn't make sense for Lana to unthaw, say, the Republic trooper or someone who was horrible to her in SoR/Ziost. The split that was mentioned in another thread makes sense:

Imperial Players: Lana rescues, unless Theron romanced. Other companion is piloting the getaway shuttle or working with the group or something.

Republic Players: Theron rescues, unless Lana romanced. Ditto for getaway shuttle/etc.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

To be perfectly honest I don't want to see anyone's LI relegated to paper weight status, we've had way too much of that already.

But this betrayal trope is for the birds and it is always a male LI who betrays. All I'm saying is for the people who are hell bent on 'murder, death, kill' for Theron that Lana should get the same treatment. No moral high ground, for either side.

As for SGR, I am not without regard to that predicament, and I know guys have Theron OR Koth which equates to just Theron 99% of the time. Of course I guess Arcann can fill that void if Theron does get a kill option (shudders, personal opinion, more power to those that love him).

BW made this into a story driven game, they provided companion romances, people become attached, (the sanity of such attachment is still being debated, sometimes rather heatedly.) So BW started this mess with the Quinncident and regurgitated it again. It all went downhill from there. I seriously hope they never do this crap again, there's enough angst in the galaxy to go around.

Of course, BW could opt for a no kill option and all this would be moot. I like moot.

To be perfectly honest I don't want to see anyone's LI relegated to paper weight status, we've had way too much of that already.

But this betrayal trope is for the birds and it is always a male LI who betrays. All I'm saying is for the people who are hell bent on 'murder, death, kill' for Theron that Lana should get the same treatment. No moral high ground, for either side.

As for SGR, I am not without regard to that predicament, and I know guys have Theron OR Koth which equates to just Theron 99% of the time. Of course I guess Arcann can fill that void if Theron does get a kill option (shudders, personal opinion, more power to those that love him).

BW made this into a story driven game, they provided companion romances, people become attached, (the sanity of such attachment is still being debated, sometimes rather heatedly.) So BW started this mess with the Quinncident and regurgitated it again. It all went downhill from there. I seriously hope they never do this crap again, there's enough angst in the galaxy to go around.

Of course, BW could opt for a no kill option and all this would be moot. I like moot.

Moot, I like it, moot is good :D Like you say the biggest issue is with the betrayal trope and the fact that it's the LI male that does it, 99% of the time. But yeah, enough with the betrayal already. Surely there must be something else they can do that is interesting and fun.

Betrayal? Par for the course in the life of a Sith.

(Even though I have a light side Sith...)

And yet, Kaliyo does it too, so does Scorpio, so does Darmas Pollaran, so does the original Havok squad...so does Duke Kendoh, and Baras and Quinn and Darth Zash, and Lana and now Theron, etc, etc.

The betrayal trope has been quite thoroughly beaten to death by all classes and aspects in the game. Par for the course in Star Wars...maybe? But another plot device would be interesting for a change.

Both you and Luna have gone Too far with this Theron thing, okay. First of all, this is a game. Get over it. 2 Stop being Jealous and Overly-zealous with contempt to hurt other peoples loved characters just because you guy got a bad awakening.

3) I think Theron is more the double or in this case, triple Agent, and we don't know yet what is really going on.

Both you and Luna have gone Too far with this Theron thing, okay. First of all, this is a game. Get over it. 2 Stop being Jealous and Overly-zealous with contempt to hurt other peoples loved characters just because you guy got a bad awakening.

3) I think Theron is more the double or in this case, triple Agent, and we don't know yet what is really going on.

I don't think I've gone too far at all. I pay a sub, that gets me access here and in a forum you get to speak your mind. I've done just that, spoken my mind about how I feel about the story and characters.

You should worry more, when/if I do get over it, because the game will have lost a person that loves the game and is passionate about it. It won't just be a sub lost, it'll be a lot more. As for being jealous, not at all, just getting fed up and disgusted about the lack of any other decent plot device except for 'betrayal'. Surely you have to admit it's getting a bit tired. Or maybe you have a lower boredom threshold than some.

And in your comment, you reveal that you're every bit as protective of your beloved companions, simply by how you defended them. You called them 'loved' and you really didn't like it when someone even suggested bringing a harm to your favorite. Well now you know how it feels to walk a mile in mine and Misha's shoes, and all of those who enjoy Theron and don't want to see him killed off or silenced. You wouldn't want it for your favs...why are mine any less?

As for the whole triple agent thing...frankly I'll be disappointed a little...because it seems so obvious.

Edited by Lunafox

She's on the ship sitting at a desk...in front of your bed...while you're sleeping. If she needed to keep the holocron secret and study it she could do it in her own damn bedroom. Her spending the night in your room is MORE suspicious if you're not in a relationship with her and will make others talk. https://i.imgur.com/GPbq5nG.png When your character first opens their eyes on Iokath, what is the first thing they see? Lana's face looming over their sick bed with Theron and any other characters much farther off regardless of whether one of the others is your love interest. She's not just standing nearby, her face is literally looming over you https://i.imgur.com/kTSpg8J.png After you're stabbed by Arcann (or hurt by using Valkorion's powers) on Asylum, Lana is the one who rushes to your side as you wake up even if you have a better relationship with Koth who is also standing there https://i.imgur.com/SO6uOsa.png she acts like you're super close, way too intimate even if you do everything she disapproves of and treat her as badly as possible. I know it doesn't bother you since you like her-things that annoy other people about Theron or Vette or others don't bother me at all and I even like those things because I like the characters but imagine if instead of Lana doting on you, hanging out in your room while you sleep, etc...it was one of the characters YOU dislike such as Senya, Koth, Theron, etc...For me she's way too clingy and devoted and acts like we're BFFs or something and it creeps me out.

You mentioned before that you think people think they "have to" dislike Lana if they like Theron but I assure you that's not true. We don't like Lana because we don't like Lana. Its unfortunate that Lana fans such as yourself get caught in the crossfire but our bitterness is not towards you but towards BioWare and what we perceive as a writers pet being foisted on us. We feel as though Lana is their designated love interest and every single other love interest is being thrown in the trash. I wonder if Lana might be the exception to the "if they have the option to be killed, they disappear and turn into a silent brick" rule but then again I don't think BioWare would ever give us the chance to kill her in the first place. Though I've ranted about if Theron is killable and turned into a brick then I want the same for Lana, in reality I don't actually wish that on you guys. I'll just stop playing the game. A game with just Lana is a game you couldn't pay me to play.

Sad for the people who like her, but I'd like her to be gone. Replaying kotfe on my Juggernaut, it makes me loathe her presence so much more.

If she's part of the story or part of the traitor plot, she can die with some dignity!

Edited by Eshvara

She's on the ship sitting at a desk...in front of your bed...while you're sleeping. If she needed to keep the holocron secret and study it she could do it in her own damn bedroom. Her spending the night in your room is MORE suspicious if you're not in a relationship with her and will make others talk. https://i.imgur.com/GPbq5nG.png When your character first opens their eyes on Iokath, what is the first thing they see? Lana's face looming over their sick bed with Theron and any other characters much farther off regardless of whether one of the others is your love interest. She's not just standing nearby, her face is literally looming over you https://i.imgur.com/kTSpg8J.png After you're stabbed by Arcann (or hurt by using Valkorion's powers) on Asylum, Lana is the one who rushes to your side as you wake up even if you have a better relationship with Koth who is also standing there https://i.imgur.com/SO6uOsa.png she acts like you're super close, way too intimate even if you do everything she disapproves of and treat her as badly as possible. I know it doesn't bother you since you like her-things that annoy other people about Theron or Vette or others don't bother me at all and I even like those things because I like the characters but imagine if instead of Lana doting on you, hanging out in your room while you sleep, etc...it was one of the characters YOU dislike such as Senya, Koth, Theron, etc...For me she's way too clingy and devoted and acts like we're BFFs or something and it creeps me out.

You mentioned before that you think people think they "have to" dislike Lana if they like Theron but I assure you that's not true. We don't like Lana because we don't like Lana. Its unfortunate that Lana fans such as yourself get caught in the crossfire but our bitterness is not towards you but towards BioWare and what we perceive as a writers pet being foisted on us. We feel as though Lana is their designated love interest and every single other love interest is being thrown in the trash. I wonder if Lana might be the exception to the "if they have the option to be killed, they disappear and turn into a silent brick" rule but then again I don't think BioWare would ever give us the chance to kill her in the first place. Though I've ranted about if Theron is killable and turned into a brick then I want the same for Lana, in reality I don't actually wish that on you guys. I'll just stop playing the game. A game with just Lana is a game you couldn't pay me to play.

Again, though...it makes sense for her to be studying the holocron in the Commander's room because it is supposed to protect the Commander. If she were down the hallway and Valkorion used that opportunity to attack, well, the holocron is somewhere else. And for the others, well, maybe she actually cares about the Commander as a friend.

I always notice that the complaints about Lana being a pet continue even when it is pointed out chapter by chapter that Theron actually has parity, as well as more media (books, etc.), more flirt options and much more of a fully realized backstory. When is the last time you saw someone from Lana's family in the game? Right, you haven't, but we are forced to deal with multiple members of Theron's family and all their drama.

You can customize Theron without his model turning into a mannequin from a horror show. Lana fans cannot.

Lana gets far less flirts in her romance than Theron. Ever realize that?

And of course the complaints that women get hurt by Theron"s current story, completely ignore that if Lana goes away, there is literally nothing else in the entire game for L or B women.

I am sorry. I'm tired of it. We get it, you don't like Lana. I'm sorry your LI has hit a bad storyline. But don't take it out on other people's LIs.

And of course the complaints that women get hurt by Theron"s current story, completely ignore that if Lana goes away, there is literally nothing else in the entire game for L or B women.

I am sorry. I'm tired of it. We get it, you don't like Lana. I'm sorry your LI has hit a bad storyline. But don't take it out on other people's LIs.

I don't think people in this thread who are against Lana know her romance is lacking as they would probably never romance her.

People just don't like how much screen time she gets, and I honestly don't either. While I like Theron after his Betrayal, I still don't want him to be as important as he and Lana used to be.

I'm so done with either of them in that regard.

As for you getting tired of the hate on Lana, you should(for your own sanity) stop trying so hard to defend her. I know you love her as a companion and I used to do the same with Arcann and going in on all the conversations and it just doesn't lead anywhere.

People hate who they hate and like who they like, which is why I can't even bother in the "what makes Arcann attractive thread" :p

And I don't mean to say this in a rude way, you just seem to take the Lana hate so personally and it probably isn't helping you!

I don't think people in this thread who are against Lana know her romance is lacking as they would probably never romance her.

People just don't like how much screen time she gets, and I honestly don't either. While I like Theron after his Betrayal, I still don't want him to be as important as he and Lana used to be.

I'm so done with either of them in that regard.

As for you getting tired of the hate on Lana, you should(for your own sanity) stop trying so hard to defend her. I know you love her as a companion and I used to do the same with Arcann and going in on all the conversations and it just doesn't lead anywhere.

People hate who they hate and like who they like, which is why I can't even bother in the "what makes Arcann attractive thread" :p

And I don't mean to say this in a rude way, you just seem to take the Lana hate so personally and it probably isn't helping you!

I did a chapter by chapter breakdown of their screentime under the spoilers tag on the first page. They are pretty close to even, and that seems to be overlooked.

Given that fan pressure seems to have influenced some story choices (ie kill options for people like Quinn and the Arcann romance rumors), IMHO it is important to speak up when people start hating on her. I will admit that it ticks me off more than it probably should. But it is a character that matters as much as any other.

I did a chapter by chapter breakdown of their screentime under the spoilers tag on the first page. They are pretty close to even, and that seems to be overlooked.

Given that fan pressure seems to have influenced some story choices (ie kill options for people like Quinn and the Arcann romance rumors), IMHO it is important to speak up when people start hating on her. I will admit that it ticks me off more than it probably should. But it is a character that matters as much as any other.

Fair enough point on the fan influence! But as stated before, you broke it down by appearance.

If Lana is in a story chapter for let's say well the entire chapter and Theron only pops in for a "hi" Lana is still around for more than Theron is.

We even have a Lana warzone.:rak_03:

Again, though...it makes sense for her to be studying the holocron in the Commander's room because it is supposed to protect the Commander. If she were down the hallway and Valkorion used that opportunity to attack, well, the holocron is somewhere else. And for the others, well, maybe she actually cares about the Commander as a friend.

I always notice that the complaints about Lana being a pet continue even when it is pointed out chapter by chapter that Theron actually has parity, as well as more media (books, etc.), more flirt options and much more of a fully realized backstory. When is the last time you saw someone from Lana's family in the game? Right, you haven't, but we are forced to deal with multiple members of Theron's family and all their drama.

You can customize Theron without his model turning into a mannequin from a horror show. Lana fans cannot.

And WE get that you DO like Lana, neither of us are going to change the other's mind. Just as you're tired of people who don't like a character you love, it can also be tiresome to post your feelings about why you dislike a character only to have someone else come in and be like "no you're wrong, ___ is the best!"

I would be totally on board with adding another F/F romance (hopefully one who is interesting and not clingy) or them doing EU books or whatever with Lana in them. More backstory for you guys and I wouldn't have to see it in the game.

I have no idea how many flirts Lana has as she and Doc are the only characters I wouldn't romance but she acts like she's in love with you even if you're not in a relationship with her and try to push her away as much as possible. It reminds me of DA2 Anders.

Being able to customize Theron isn't much of a consolation when he was immediately taken away, that customization erased, and a partially shaved dead womp rat glued to his head. I'll trade you.

What I wish is that BioWare would go back to doing things like in the 1-50 class stories where you choose which companion to bring with you on missions and all of them had dialogue. It would be much easier since there'd be one class instead of 8 but I know they don't want to use the resources on it. :/

Honestly it might be best if you put me on ignore. As you know I hate Lana and rant about her a lot and that isn't going to change. The more the things I like are crapped on or taken away, the more bitter I get and the things I dislike stick out to me more since there's less good balancing them out. That doesn't just go for Lana vs Theron but their storytelling, writing, diminished roleplaying, one-size fits all boxes and so on.

This whole plot line is asinine. Every action the light-side player takes complies with Theron's desire for peace. His rant on the train makes no sense. Why draw Lana into an already ridiculous story?